Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Getting a dog's abuse on TalkSport. It seems that folk are starting to see past the local hero facade.

Think this "facade" is something people like you have made up tbh.

Would certainly have him starting fwiw. Better than Williamson and Campbell without a doubt.

You'd have Shola starting, your opinion is about as valid a mine on Martini Bianco after 5 bottles of it.

Getting a dog's abuse on TalkSport. It seems that folk are starting to see past the local hero facade.

Would certainly have him starting fwiw. Better than Williamson and Campbell without a doubt.

You'd have Shola starting, your opinion is about as valid a mine on Martini Bianco after 5 bottles of it.

Sweet.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He didn't play particularly well today but wasn't as bad as Sol, criticism is justified but still think he could improve with fitness

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

People have been wating 6 years for him to improve with fitness/experience.

He's never going to be the top defender he used to get hyped up as, I think he's a decent option though.

Beyond this forum where everyone has jumped on a Taylor hate bandwagon I don't there's many fans who hate him tbh.

People don't not dislike him because he's a "local hero" but because when he does play he gives his all and is an average Premier League defender.

Average is good for us currently.

For fucks sake, his first game back after 10 months out and he helps keep the premier league champions at bay.

Today he, along with the rest of the team, play well below par and we should tear up his contract offer!? Get a fucking grip people!

Beyond this forum where everyone has jumped on a Taylor hate bandwagon I don't there's many fans who hate him tbh.

People don't dislike him because he's a "local hero" but because when he does play he gives his all and is an average Premier League defender.

And you don't pay average players fantastic wages.

People don't dislike him because he's a "local hero" but because when he does play he gives his all and is an average Premier League defender.

Unfortunately if Coloccini is going to be paid £80k a week, Taylor is probably within his rights to ask for £50k a week.

In terms of the average wage for a decent Premier League defender it probably is way over the top but I don't think we can afford to let him go and reduce our options even further.

Yes we do!!! There is a whole load at SJP

Unfortunately if Coloccini is going to be paid £80k a week, Taylor is probably within his rights to ask for £50k a week.

In terms of the average wage for a decent Premier League defender it probably is way over the top but I don't think we can afford to let him go and reduce our options even further.

When Colo signed his contract he did so at the peak of the market.

He'll have to take a cut to stay when the time comes.

Taylor is re-negotiating in a new market and I hope his offer is nowhere near £50k.

It doesn't particularly matter what Coloccini was doing when he signed the contract. Taylor/His agent will see a defender that had a horrific first season in the Premier League being paid an outlandish amount of money and will probably feel worthy of earning £30k a week less than him (rightly or wrongly).

Where has the idea of him demanding £50k come from exactly? Is it paper talk?

Guest Howaythetoon

I thought he was one of our admittedly few, better performers today and its good to have him back competing for a place in the side as he's a Premier League standard player, something which we are in short supply of it seems.

Guest Heneage

I genuinely don't get why he asked for so much, he'd have been better off asking for it half way into the relegation season. If I was him I'd sign the deal he's been offered and start working hard on getting to be first choice. A move based on current form would only be a move down.

I genuinely don't get why he asked for so much, he'd have been better off asking for it half way into the relegation season. If I was him I'd sign the deal he's been offered and start working hard on getting to be first choice. A move based on current form would only be a move down.

2 words paul stretford (aka rooneys agent) the guy represents the worst traits of all agents

2 words paul stretford (aka rooneys agent) the guy represents the worst traits of all agents

That was loads more than 2 words.

That was loads more than 2 words.

i'm too bad a mood to care really

Guest Heneage

I'm aware of who his agent is, but I find it hard to believe Taylor does word for word what he says.

I'm aware of who his agent is, but I find it hard to believe Taylor does word for word what he says.

convincing someone they deserve a big wage is not exactly the most difficult of tasks and its not like saylor hasn't been awkward in contract talks before, seem to recall his last contracts talks taking a while before he got what he wanted