Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

His slagging off is over-the-top here - he's our player, he gives his 100%, and hes slain the mackems enough - yes he shouldn't be starter, and yes we can think of 10 other players in the squad to take his place, but you guys act like this guy is a complete tosser. 

No he doesn't. That's my biggest problem with him.

You really think Shola doesn't give 2 smacks what he does in the shirt? Hes limited by his own size and is clearly playing with too much muscle that his body/bones have not been able to cope with, which is affecting his play (imo).

Questioning his effort on the pitch is a bit naive.

I'm in no way saying he should be starting or getting a game off the bench, but I think slagging him in this manner is over-the-top.

His slagging off is over-the-top here - he's our player, he gives his 100%, and hes slain the mackems enough - yes he shouldn't be starter, and yes we can think of 10 other players in the squad to take his place, but you guys act like this guy is a complete tosser. 

i don't care if he gives 95% of his wages to marie curie, he's a rubbish footballer and while Best and Ba are fit (who i don't rate particularly highly) should not be starting any games at all.

:sadnod:

It's beyond a joke now.

You really think Shola doesn't give 2 smacks what he does in the shirt? Hes limited by his own size and is clearly playing with too much muscle that his body/bones have not been able to cope with, which is affecting his play (imo).

I'm in no way saying he should be starting or getting a game off the bench, but I think slagging him in this manner is over-the-top.

It looks to me that he really doesn't give a damn. I can live with him being s*** in general, because he have been his entire career, but when he - as mind blowing as it is - starts games for Newcastle in 2011, I at least expect him to honor his undeserved time on the pitch by giving his best performance. The last few games have been an absolute joke. Work your ass off and play s***, then fine, but when you are just going to stroll around with your head up your ass looking like you're having the worst time of your life, GTFO! And take Ryan Taylor with you.

It looks to me that he really doesn't give a damn. I can live with him being s*** in general, because he have been his entire career, but when he - as mind blowing as it is - starts games for Newcastle in 2011, I at least expect him to honor his undeserved time on the pitch by giving his best performance. The last few games have been an absolute joke. Work your ass off and play s***, then fine, but when you are just going to stroll around with your head up your ass looking like you're having the worst time of your life, GTFO! And take Ryan Taylor with you.

learning how to stay onside would be a decent improvement.

Right, fair enough - I see your point as well as others - just my humble opinion thats all....

learning how to stay onside would be a decent improvement.

Yep, it would be a day to remember.

Shola is a lazy fucker.

and he always has been. Didn't he gesture/scowl at the fans a few years back when they dared suggest he chase something?

I don't remember that from him. But I do remember similar thing happening when playing Liverpool once. Some fans went absolutely crazy at him for giving-up a chase for a ball prematurely. :lol: Deserved everything that he got, simply typifies his laziness and poor work rate. Leon Best was working his arse off against QPR, while Shola was just playing at walking pace. (off the ball)

The criticism he gets is not way over the top, simply because we've put up with 10 years of his crap.

I don't remember that from him. But I do remember similar thing happening when playing Liverpool once. Some fans went absolutely crazy at him for giving-up a chase for a ball prematurely. :lol: Deserved everything that he got, simply typifies his laziness and poor work rate. Leon Best was working his arse off against QPR, while Shola was just playing at walking pace. (off the ball)

The criticism he gets is not way over the top, simply because we've put up with 10 years of his crap.

O0

Hit the nail on the head.

Shola is a lazy f***er.

and he always has been. Didn't he gesture/scowl at the fans a few years back when they dared suggest he chase something?

From my blog at eplindex.com [/plug] Stats vs QPR.

http://www.eplindex.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/QPR-Player-Stats.bmp

Useless at passing, won only 2 out of 12 50/50 challenges and wins only 2 out of 6 aerial challenges.

He's just lazy and always has been.