Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Perhaps because Best occasionally ran, and almost looked like a goal threat?

Shola minces about waiting for the ball like he's Cantona, but then loses it and makes no effort whatsoever to win it back. I'm surprised the useless c*** doesn't get more abuse.

Almost isn't looking like a goal threat though is it?

When Shola's name was announced when they were reading out the team, some people started booing. Absolutely pathetic from our so-called 'fans'.

Shola minces about waiting for the ball like he's Cantona, but then loses it and makes no effort whatsoever to win it back. I'm surprised the useless c*** doesn't get more abuse.

When Shola's name was announced when they were reading out the team, some people started booing. Absolutely pathetic from our so-called 'fans'.

Best looked like a goal threat whenever he played last season, in stark contrast to Shola.

Best looked like a goal threat whenever he played last season, in stark contrast to Shola.

I thought we were talking about yesterday? In which case they were both poor.

All I'm saying is the abuse Shola gets from the crowd for being Shola is an absolute disgrace.

All I'm saying is the abuse Shola gets from the crowd for being Shola is an absolute disgrace.

So we weren't talking about yesterday. We were talking about his reception from the crowd, which is quite clearly predicated on 11 years of mostly crap performances.

Overall he wasn't bad but he wasn't good enough.

It is worrying when Ameobi is your best striker.

He's very blatantly not, though. He's our 4th best forward.

Normally he would be 3rd, but yesterday he was 1st i'm afraid and that says a lot about the others.

So we weren't talking about yesterday. We were talking about his reception from the crowd, which is quite clearly predicated on 11 years of mostly crap performances.

What happened to getting behind your team though? No wonder he looks shot on confidence a lot of the time, when that's the kind of reception he gets from his own supporters. It's not his fault that he's not good enough, or that managers keep on picking him. All I'm asking for is that our fans get behind our own players, instead of slagging them off when they're trying to get a result for us.

Overall he wasn't bad but he wasn't good enough.

It is worrying when Ameobi is your best striker.

He's very blatantly not, though. He's our 4th best forward.

Normally he would be 3rd, but yesterday he was 1st i'm afraid and that says a lot about the others.

In fairness you'd expect Ba to be first choice when he's got a few games under his belt.

What happened to getting behind your team though? No wonder he looks shot on confidence a lot of the time, when that's the kind of reception he gets from his own supporters. It's not his fault that he's not good enough, or that managers keep on picking him. All I'm asking for is that our fans get behind our own players, instead of slagging them off when they're trying to get a result for us.

Fine. Doesn't mean we have to pretend he's not as bad as he is.

You've got to remember, this is the same bunch of cunts who booed Laurent Robert at the end of a season in which he scored 12 and created a shitload. It's inevitable that a talentless and seemingly lazy individual like Shola is going to get abuse.

Lovenkrands was on the bench ahead of Vuckic yesterday. Does that speak volumes?

Considering they play in completely different positions, no.

Nice try.

:lol:  ???

Seriously though, I'm not Pard's biggest fan but the fact that Best is soon to be our 4th choice striker does indicate that he's not particularly impressive.