Nassim Boukhelifa

BeloEmre

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Not being funny, but I've always wondered what technique represents in the FM games given that there are seperate attributes for first touch, dribbling, finishing, heading etc. Can you explain please Chris?

Its pretty similar to the FA 4 Corner Model. Technique is the category that covers the technical ability of a player, which in itself is several other categories - which was my point that someone can be technically good, despite being poor in one area. Its how well they can manipulate the ball to do what they want. Are they using the right part of their foot? Is their supporting foot and leg in the right place to point the ball in the right direction? Is the player aware of where to hit the ball to make it go where they want it to go.

If you were to compare Ameobi with Berbatov you'd see a clear comparison between someone with poor technique and someone with fantastic technique. Ameobi looks really awkward with everything he does, while Berbatov looks like effortless with the ball doing all the work for him.

Technique in Football Manage itself is the player's control over the ball when dribbling, shooting, crossing and pass, etc. So where as the FM Passing, Shooting, Heading categories are there those are basically how accurate/successful they are in each field, with technique being a modifier over how well they can control the ball in those situations. Applying the right curl, getting their body over the ball to keep volleys down, keeping the ball under control at high speed while dribbling, etc. 

Its easy to get it confused, as Village Idiot mentioned, people assume that Technique is ball control, when in truth its a whole Section with many categories that involves action with the ball.

Technique - action with the ball.

Passing, shooting, dribbling, crossing, heading, first touch, etc

Psychology - mental

Awareness, anticipation, work rate, determination, etc.

Physical - Body Actions

Jumping, movement, agility, balance, etc

Social

Getting on with others, communication, understanding, etc.

Not being funny, but I've always wondered what technique represents in the FM games given that there are seperate attributes for first touch, dribbling, finishing, heading etc. Can you explain please Chris?

It seems we're both called Chris, and frankly I honestly can't.

One has Chris in his name, the other names himself after an erection.

To be fair, after an anagram of "Jim Morrison".

When I try to explain/think of the difference between technique and ball control/touch/etc, I always refer to guys like Bale, or Albrighton's performance against West Ham. They succeed because they use their physical attributes and make the smart plays, rather making it look fluid with the perfect touch or cut.

is it?  what a coincidence!  i thought of it all by myself when thinking of mens choppers, at least i've got an excuse now :thup:

is it?  what a coincidence!  i thought of it all by myself when thinking of mens choppers, at least i've got an excuse now :thup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMVnEGcMsFs

• 4 weeks later...