Are Mike and Del Boy Forgiven Now?

MyPalAl
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Kid behind David Craig this morning hasn't forgiven Mike Ashley.

"MIKE ASHLEY IS A BIG FAT WANKER!"

Get in, Son.  :clap:

David Craig squirmed and apologised.  :lol:

Craig went on to spout the usual bullshit about how Mike Ashley is a modern age Chairman trying to take the club into the new world of football where things are different now and you can't spend x amount of wages on players anymore. You know, trying his best to make Ashley look like a Modern Day Saint confirmed by the Pope.

I feel stupid having not joined the Ashley hate bandwagon before this, sitting back and thinking 'He must know what he's doing'... bloody ignorance.

Now I despise Ashley but..

If he has got rid of Hughton for Jol then I can see the point, as good a bloke that he is I dont think Hughton is the man to take us forward, and now is probably the best time to do it, it gives Jol some time to see what he needs before the end of the transfer window. If however its just to get someone like Pardew/Curbishley in then Ashleys still just a cunt

In the unlikely event this is Jol then they've done well, it's like with a player who's promoted. Do you stay loyal to the player who got you there, or do you look for an upgrade. As with Pedro replacing Kelly and even Ben Arfa intended to replace Routledge, it happens. Although to be honest I don't even think this has came into their thinking and the likelihood is we'll see Pardew who's just brought in to tow the line.

In the unlikely event this is Jol then they've done well, it's like with a player who's promoted. Do you stay loyal to the player who got you there, or do you look for an upgrade. As with Pedro replacing Kelly and even Ben Arfa intended to replace Routledge, it happens. Although to be honest I don't even think this has came into their thinking and the likelihood is we'll see Pardew who's just brought in to tow the line.

I think that's absolutely ridiculous. What if a "better" manager than Jol becomes available next week (Juande Ramos perhaps)? Do we bin him too? Absolutely shocking attitude to have - almost mercenary, should there not be loyalty from both sides when someone's doing a good job? Confident Hughton will go on to be a far better manager than we can hope for in the future anyway.

Do managers show players loyalty when they get promoted? You can to an extent but if you really want to push on you have to improve. Imagine if Keegan had this mentality and kept Peacock & Kelly rather than get in Andy Cole and then Beardsley, or if Keegan stuck with Sellars rather than buy Ginola, etc? Same happens with managers, Hughton's unproven although he done a good job for us. It might have been the case that we wanted to wait until January before negotiating his contract, but then this chance came along.

Like I said, I don't think this is in the thinking at all, but if it is, you can't knock wanting a better manager who they think can take the club even higher.

The same does not happen with managers. Not at any properly run football club in the world.

So if *insert name of manager here who you might think is better than David Moyes (but might actually turn into a catastrophe like Ramos did)* went knocking on Everton's door, you reckon they'd bin him? Would they fuck, and they wouldn't have at any point either.

Do managers show players loyalty when they get promoted? You can to an extent but if you really want to push on you have to improve. Imagine if Keegan had this mentality and kept Peacock & Kelly rather than get in Andy Cole and then Beardsley, or if Keegan stuck with Sellars rather than buy Ginola, etc? Same happens with managers, Hughton's unproven although he done a good job for us. It might have been the case that we wanted to wait until January before negotiating his contract, but then this chance came along.

Like I said, I don't think this is in the thinking at all, but if it is, you can't knock wanting a better manager who they think can take the club even higher.

After promotion is one thing. It would've been very harsh, still, but slightly better than this situation. However, he's got us at 11th right now, whether that's with a few dodgy moments along the way or not. Doing it in November with the job he's done is a completely different thing than just after promotion.

After promotion is one thing. It would've been very harsh, still, but slightly better than this situation. However, he's got us at 11th right now, whether that's with a few dodgy moments along the way or not. Doing it in November with the job he's done is a completely different thing than just after promotion.

Even if it means getting a manager who's a step up with time to view the squad before the transfer window? I'd have preferred sticking with Hughton until the summer then had a look, but then in June someone like Jol mightn't have been available to come in.

What if we hadn't stuck with Keegan?

is ashley's daughter old enough for someone to pick up, shag, and post pictures all over the internet and newspapers?

if not not someone should have a crack at his wife, get pictures of her playing the trombone and that

Don't worry, Pardew's got all that in hand.

Ashley would have bombed him out for not winning the league in the first season.

A manager is a long term commitment, you can get a player on a month long loan - the comparison is laughable.

Ashley would have bombed him out for not winning the league in the first season.

A manager is a long term commitment, you can get a player on a month long loan - the comparison is laughable.

I meant first time round.  Op. Nut was saying there's nothing wrong with dispensing players after promotion and Keegan did this successfully therefore the same principle should apply to managers.  I was saying that we could've used that logic when Keegan got us promoted but what good would it have done us?  Would we have finished runners up and played in Europe if we'd dispensed with Keegan?  Obviously it wasn't an option as we hit the ground running, but I don't agree with Nut's point.

I meant first time round.  Op. Nut was saying there's nothing wrong with dispensing players after promotion and Keegan did this successfully therefore the same principle should apply to managers.  I was saying that we could've used that logic when Keegan got us promoted but what good would it have done us?  Would we have finished runners up and played in Europe if we'd dispensed with Keegan?  Obviously it wasn't an option as we hit the ground running, but I don't agree with Nut's point.

So did I!

I was agreeing with you btw.