Are Mike and Del Boy Forgiven Now?

MyPalAl
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Some serious, serious s*** being talked in this thread like.

OK then, what was our league position before the takeover?

You said:

anything above that is an improvement from where we were the season before the takeover.

After the takeover he oversaw us being relegated to a lower division for the first time in 15 years or so and it cost XX millions of pounds and made baby Jesus cry.

I think I've made my point.

You said:

anything above that is an improvement from where we were the season before the takeover.

After the takeover he oversaw us being relegated to a lower division for the first time in 15 years or so and it cost XX millions of pounds and made baby Jesus cry.

I know what I've said and I'll stand by it.  If we finish 13th then they've repaired the damage, I didn't say they would change history.  They can't do anything to remove the relegation but they might be able to make us into a better team than we were before they came to the club.

You said:

I know what I've said and I'll stand by it.  If we finish 13th then they've repaired the damage, I didn't say they would change history.  They can't do anything to remove the relegation but they might be able to make us into a better team than we were before they came to the club.

And I'll stand by what I said. That's bullshit and I'm calling shenanigans.

As I think Ian pointed out in another context, you can't heap all the blame on Ashley for the relegation, and then refuse to give him any credit for the revival.

Managers are very important, and you have to look at their contributions as well. Hughton's hard work and good judgement have been a big part of our revival. Keegan's selfish behaviour and lack of commitment was a big part in our downfall.

:fishing:

Not really. The Keegan episode is what tipped criticism of Ashley (often justified) into hatred (irrational). I do feel that that is what fuels many people's reluctance to let this thing go.

It was a cock-up, not a crime.

Ok here is my take on it!

As much as Ashley has done some pretty Frickin stupid things since he took over (Keegan, Wise, Xisco Fiasco's to name a few) I for one never saw him as an 'enemy' of the club.

I have bever thought for ONE minute that he was out to destroy the club as it is his busines and he needs to protect his investment. As much as it would be nice for a Nulti Billionaire Oil rich Sheikh to come in and do a Man City and just buy everyone it does not make business sense. If you look at what happened at Chelsea, they spent loads of money but Chelsea as a club did not make any money and as much as we all don't want it to be this way Football is mainly about money now however Money cannot buy you success. As far as Man City go I do not believe for one minute that the owner has got the club in his heart I believe it to be a toy thing.

Ashley built up a business related to sports and then one day decided to buy a football club and he was pretty Naive when it cam to the initial running of the club. Things were not going well, we had spent a lot of money on crap players and we were on a downward spiral and Ashley took over as he saw potential. After all the City LOVES football and although I am not from there every time I go it is an incredible experience for me to see people so passionate.

I think that the things Ashley and Co have done so far are encouraging.

The club is no longer buying players for silly money. They are being wise and since the whole Xisco thing I have been happy with players bought/loaned (apart from Khizanishvili).

It is obvious he is trying to be like Arsenal (but they have a 10 year head start on us) but I really think that the stability the club has now is definitely a plus point and the club can move forward with confidence.

It is not a case of me forgiving them, it is a case of me having more confidence in them now!

Z all you want motherfucka! I've got exhibit A in my side that wins every argument :kinnear:

:lol:

He can't change the past, just because they've made some mistakes doesn't mean they'll always make them, exhibit A is history.

Ok here is my take on it!

As much as Ashley has done some pretty Frickin stupid things since he took over (Keegan, Wise, Xisco Fiasco's to name a few) I for one never saw him as an 'enemy' of the club.

I have bever thought for ONE minute that he was out to destroy the club as it is his busines and he needs to protect his investment. As much as it would be nice for a Nulti Billionaire Oil rich Sheikh to come in and do a Man City and just buy everyone it does not make business sense. If you look at what happened at Chelsea, they spent loads of money but Chelsea as a club did not make any money and as much as we all don't want it to be this way Football is mainly about money now however Money cannot buy you success. As far as Man City go I do not believe for one minute that the owner has got the club in his heart I believe it to be a toy thing.

Ashley built up a business related to sports and then one day decided to buy a football club and he was pretty Naive when it cam to the initial running of the club. Things were not going well, we had spent a lot of money on crap players and we were on a downward spiral and Ashley took over as he saw potential. After all the City LOVES football and although I am not from there every time I go it is an incredible experience for me to see people so passionate.

I think that the things Ashley and Co have done so far are encouraging.

The club is no longer buying players for silly money. They are being wise and since the whole Xisco thing I have been happy with players bought/loaned (apart from Khizanishvili).

It is obvious he is trying to be like Arsenal (but they have a 10 year head start on us) but I really think that the stability the club has now is definitely a plus point and the club can move forward with confidence.

It is not a case of me forgiving them, it is a case of me having more confidence in them now!

:thup:

Z all you want motherfucka! I've got exhibit A in my side that wins every argument :kinnear:

He can't change the past, just because they've made some mistakes doesn't mean they'll always make them, exhibit A is history.

My point is to forgive what happened all you want is to return to lower mid table finish?

After everything he put the club through? Madness.

Guest BooBoo

Whatever we think of them, singing anti Ashley songs this year will be of no use to anyone. The fans need to let it lie and support the team.

Whatever we think of them, singing anti Ashley songs this year will be of no use to anyone. The fans need to let it lie and support the team.

That includes the 'we don't care' song, despite people bleating that it's not about Ashley but about how we care for the club and nowt else. :lol:

My point is to forgive what happened all you want is to return to lower mid table finish?

Exactly. We are owed a lot more than just returning the club to the same shit state it was in, he needs to get us competitive in cups and back in Europe to be anywhere near forgiven.

This calendar year has been their best since coming in, it can be classed as the foundations needed to building a new team and new professional club while starting to repair the damage. And tbh the emergence of Carroll, signing players like Ben Arfa, the stability and progress of Hughton are early signs that its finally going right for us and if we keep progressing like this in two or three seasons the club could easily be beyond the shit state it was in before he took over, but with a lot less debt and with younger players on sensible wages and a manager the fans are quite taking too.

I think everyone right now is quite happy with the progress of the club and the board, but its past discretions are certainly not forgotten and a long way to be forgiven. I don't think they've ever apologised, and they fuking should imo for lying and misleading the fans and their part in our relegation. Hopefully they are waiting for us to return to some kind of resemblance we once were before doing it and then we can all move forward, until then they owe us.

I've never said anywhere that I forgive them, I'll wait until the end of the season before making that judgment.  I expect them to look to progress each year and not just get to where we were, getting to where we were is still another step in the right direction.  I'll not wait until they've won a Cup or qualified for the CL though because we haven't won a Cup since 1969 and have only qualified for the CL twice and the last time we did that was the 2002/03 season.

We don't need to forgive him yer, we just need to be neutral, no point in bloody complaing or praising him.  Just make it so the bloke can take his kids to watch the football club he owns.  I'm surprised he hasn't fucked us over more, if I owned an entertainment business and I couldn't take my kids I'd be fucking livid.

You do know his claim on that was a load of bollocks, right?

I've never said anywhere that I forgive them, I'll wait until the end of the season before making that judgment.  I expect them to look to progress each year and not just get to where we were, getting to where we were is still another step in the right direction.  I'll not wait until they've won a Cup or qualified for the CL though because we haven't won a Cup since 1969 and have only qualified for the CL twice and the last time we did that was the 2002/03 season.

Read the fucking thread title dude

Exactly. We are owed a lot more than just returning the club to the same shit state it was in, he needs to get us competitive in cups and back in Europe to be anywhere near forgiven.

This calendar year has been their best since coming in, it can be classed as the foundations needed to building a new team and new professional club while starting to repair the damage. And tbh the emergence of Carroll, signing players like Ben Arfa, the stability and progress of Hughton are early signs that its finally going right for us and if we keep progressing like this in two or three seasons the club could easily be beyond the shit state it was in before he took over, but with a lot less debt and with younger players on sensible wages and a manager the fans are quite taking too.

I think everyone right now is quite happy with the progress of the club and the board, but its past discretions are certainly not forgotten and a long way to be forgiven. I don't think they've ever apologised, and they fuking should imo for lying and misleading the fans and their part in our relegation. Hopefully they are waiting for us to return to some kind of resemblance we once were before doing it and then we can all move forward, until then they owe us.

:clap:

Win us a trophy, League cup will do, then they will be forgiven by me. Until then they are just repairing the damage they done.

Finish 13th and they've repaired the damage, anything above that is an improvement from where we were the season before the takeover.

Yeah this post, and you're still talking utter shit.

Northumbria Police confirmed they'd never advised him anything.

That doesn't mean they weren't hassled.

I am now a dad who can't take his kids to a football game on a Saturday because I am advised that we would be assaulted.

Advised by whom of any note, if not the police?