Would you take 17th place right now ?

Guest palnese
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well I guess if people genuinely think we're one of the worst 3 squads in the league then fine. I just don't think we are.

Who's saying that? I've said in this thread about 5 times already that I think we shouldn't be aiming for 17th, but if it were to happen then so be it.

Survival is what we need. 17th place is survival - it's that black and white for me, the quality of the squads doesn't even come into it.

The key part of the question is 'right now' - ie having seen little of the league when the thread was started and how that's changed a month or two in. Before the season started I probably would have said yes.

Well I guess if people genuinely think we're one of the worst 3 squads in the league then fine. I just don't think we are.

Who's saying that? I've said in this thread about 5 times already that I think we shouldn't be aiming for 17th, but if it were to happen then so be it.

Survival is what we need. 17th place is survival - it's that black and white for me, the quality of the squads doesn't even come into it.

In which case I can't expect to see you criticising players, manager, performances, etc. as at the end of the season, you'd take being the 4th worst team in the league. I reckon we've got the 13-15th best squad, so to finish 17th would be abysmal imo.

In which case I can't expect to see you criticising players, manager, performances, etc. as at the end of the season, you'd take being the 4th worst team in the league. I reckon we've got the 13-15th best squad, so to finish 17th would be abysmal imo.

Sunday is proof that you don't always get what you deserve in football and on that basis I'd still take 17th.  That doesn't mean I don't think we're better and will still have a go at players if they are shit.

I'm going to stop explaining this, because you continue to miss the point.

Of course I'd take 17th in the league because it means survival - how people can turn their noses up at it after what happened in 08/09 I don't know. I can have a go at the players and management for poor performances if I want, because we should do much better than 17th, but unfortunately this league is unpredictable and survival is survival.

Of course I'd take 17th in the league because it means survival - how people can turn their noses up at it after what happened in 08/09 I don't know. I can have a go at the players and management for poor performances if I want, because we should do much better than 17th, but unfortunately this league is unpredictable and survival is survival.

I'm not missing your point, I just don't agree with you that's all. You seem to be content to take avoiding relegation at all costs, but I don't think we will, and won't take us going to the last game of the season still not knowing what league we'll be in...which is probably the scenario we'll have if we're to finish 17th.

Like I said before, the time to start considering taking 17th is after Easter if we're in the bottom 5. Even if after the next 3 games we've picked up few points then possibly aye, 17th. Not 7 games into a season with 3 winnable games around the corner where I'd expect us to pick up 6-7 points.

I'm not missing your point, I just don't agree with you that's all. You seem to be content to take avoiding relegation at all costs, but I don't think we will, and won't take us going to the last game of the season still not knowing what league we'll be in...which is probably the scenario we'll have if we're to finish 17th.

Like I said before, the time to start considering taking 17th is after Easter if we're in the bottom 5. Even if after the next 3 games we've picked up few points then possibly aye, 17th. Not 7 games into a season with 3 winnable games around the corner where I'd expect us to pick up 6-7 points.

You seem content that I think we're the 4th worst team in the league and that we should be aiming for 17th place as it's as good as we can get - something which I've not said once.

3 winnable games around the corner? Is that similar to the Stoke and Blackpool winnable games? This league is way too unpredictable and like I said in an earlier post, we seem content on avoiding any real 'form' as it were - our performances and results have been way too erratic to suggest we'll be well clear of the relegation zone.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone remember Hull in their first season back. We won't continue this run and whilst we are good enough for closer to the top ten, we should appreciate our limitations - I'd snatch 17th with both hands right now tbh.

:whistle:

;)

I'd take it just as it would allow Hughton to further build on what's a good foundation for a squad.

Agree with that, doesn't bear thinking about what we'd be left with in terms of playing staff if we suffered a consecutive relegation next May.

Guest Heneage

I'd take it just as it would allow Hughton to further build on what's a good foundation for a squad.

Agree with that, doesn't bear thinking about what we'd be left with in terms of playing staff if we suffered a consecutive relegation next May.

He's been fantastic in the transfer market so far.

Perch?

Perch?

Best?...But in fairness with the transfer funds available I think hes gotten some good deals.Tiote,Ben Arfa,Williamson to name a few

Guest Heneage

Perch?

One mistake that he won't repeat. I've been happy with the rest.

Perch?

One mistake that he won't repeat. I've been happy with the rest.

Two mistakes if you count Best as well.