Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

If the yellow ssn bar came up later this evening with Charles N'Zogbia having medical at NUFC, people would give less of a shit.

True, enough. :lol: Having said that, it's nice to have a Nolan around. A Mr. Newcastle. I'm not sure N'Zogbia even likes playing football.

I'd also like to add: I really don't think you can replace, with however much money, the team spirit Nolan and co. generated. We should've at least kept them as squad players if only to show the rest of the players you do get rewarded at this club for your efforts and loyalty, and not shown the door after your best season in the premiership.

It stands to question whether Kevin Keegan or Chris Hughton would've stood for this. I don't think so.

Pardew has to work hard to shed his 'yes-man' cloak.

^ disclaimer to all idiots who're no doubt gonna facepalm: yes, I too am impressed with what he's done on the pitch and off it thus far. Yet, a yes-man is a yes-man, and he still has to prove he has the club's interest at heart.

How do you know Pards didn't agree to the sale?

That's my point. He probably did, maybe he's been promised what KK and Hughton were promised, "we'll get mad replacements, innit. here's a youtube link, mate."

Well then fair enough.

The signing of Cabaye looks an excellent one. And there was obvious interest in Gervinho and Gameiro.

The board are seemigly willing to back Pardew financially.

Genuinely can't see why Pardew would have stood in the way of Nolan leaving if we're aiming for a top 10 finish.

Bottom line - Kevin Nolan is not good enough for a top 10 Premier League team and I, for one, am glad the club (whether it was Pardew, Ashley or both) realise that.

I'd also like to add: I really don't think you can replace, with however much money, the team spirit Nolan and co. generated. We should've at least kept them as squad players if only to show the rest of the players you do get rewarded at this club for your efforts and loyalty, and not shown the door after your best season in the premiership.

You can't generate the team spirit but you can make a better team.

And like I said, when you're winning games and enjoying your football team morale is good anyway, with or without Nolan.

If Nolan was not going to be a regular in the team because we had (or are preparing to sign) a replacement all of his positive influence could just as easily become negative.

Personally I want to wish him well at West Ham.

Do you really think it's a prudent piece of business to extend 29-year-old Kevin Nolan's contract five more years at what would no doubt be a high wage?

If not, knowing that you'll be losing him soon enough, do you a) keep him around the club knowing that he's both highly influential and highly irritated about not getting a new deal or b) sell him while you can get some value for him, with the hopes that you'll be able to sign someone of a higher standard in the 2 months between now and the upcoming season?  I do think it's a case of either/or here. 

Guest ykmkmdd

The team spirit line is massively overplayed.

And also ignores the concern about exactly how good for team spirit players like Nolan and Barton would be if they were sat next to each other on the bench every week.

Guest sicko2ndbest

The team spirit looked great at

Stevenage

Blackpool (h)

Wigan (H)

Fulham (a)

to name but a few

overrated

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Just sad how fast people forget... The end.

What has anyone forgotten?

9/11 apparently.

NEVER FORGET!