Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

He's such a liability that we played eight games without him and didn't win one.

Where are all the teams falling over themselves to sign him then?

Who else was missing in those games?

What teams did we play? Home or Away?

Did you see him against league one opposition puffing and panting away?

Not someone you want to invest a longer term contract in at this stage. No way.

I saw him get 12 goals against Premier League opposition, you fucking halfwit.

He's such a liability that we played eight games without him and didn't win one.

What about when you were of this opinion..

Nolan's missed three what i would call sitters against wolves, blackpool and stoke. He gets away with it because he's not a striker yet also gets away with offering fuck all else because he's meant to be a striker! His defenders can't have it both ways.

It's the total lack of anything on the flanks that's the main problem. Neither Guthrie or Lovenkrands are wingers, Nolan is a waste of time in central midfield 442 as well.

There's no way I'd picking that fat knacker Nolan like, especially not off a front man. To what end exactly?

Typical Wullie.  Complains about something when we've got it then complains when we don't.

2009. :lol:

I love how for the majority of the season people have been complaining about Nolan, saying he's a passenger and so forth and now that he's gone it's a disaster. Some people just want to moan about the team whatever the outcome. Personally, I'll wait to see if a replacement is brought in. If not, then I will give out. TBH, if we were to sign someone like N'Zogbia soon I'd forget about Nolan (which is saying something as Nolan has been my favorite player over the last two seasons).

:clap:

well said

It's true. It's always the same group of people who try desperately to twist everything into negativity. Can be very tiresome.

Try to find any moaning from me regarding Nolan. There is none.

And we salute you Mr.  :lol:

Lets face it, Nolan is a average player. And in general play contributes little to our play.

He happen to score 12 goals and someone had to drink piss. But i doubt he will score 12 next season, and then he is a passenger imo.

We need more dynamic players, and strikers that scores for us.

Don`t get me wrong, i love the man to death as a person. But for the club to evolve, we need better players.

And when these better players are injured, Ryan Taylor will fill in. Hurray.

Guthrie, Gosling?

They way some people are going on here, its like we sold Messi to Kazakhstan for 2 bucks and a used toothpick.

I will come back here 1 sept and admit i was wrong, and that we are fucked if we do not have decent cover at the end of the window.

As there is NO excuse for us not have a young decent up and coming squad next season.

I just rest my case until the window is over, then i make my verdict. Nothing more we can do now, right?

Guthrie and Gosling? :mackems:

That's progress alright, real strength in depth.

So you want to give Nolan a 5y contract? 50k(?) a week? To add depth?

Fucking hell man, are you daft?

We should be looking to bring 1-2 young promising cm`s then, do give us depth.

Players who will develop and be better players, not some retirement home.

This is my opinion, but if Nolan was not happy with his contract, who have 2 more years left. Then he can go. I hate to say it, but why should we extend it?

Rather use the money to invest in some prospects then.

It's almost like you've just made up what he said there...almost. :pow:

:lol: I put words in peoples mouths to make my posts look better...

Wasn't that more to do with other squad injurys all coming at the same time? Best getting injured for example? It's really not as simple as saying we needed him in those games, because while watching said games I was never overwhelmed with the feeling that we were crying out for Nolans presence.

"Big money". :lol:

Can't wait for this charade to play out again with Tiote/Coloccini/Cabaye over the next year or two. Greedy cunts. :dave:

If any of those end up as squad players I wouldn't expect them to be kept either on their wages.

Wullie you keep saying this about the British core and Arsenal's weakness today yet the team that won the league unbeaten was Lehmann, Lauren, Cole, Campbell, Toure, Pires, Ljungberg, Vieira, Gilberto, Henry and Bergkamp. Two Brits. They had leaders who weren't British like we have (Tiote, Coloccini...)

I love how for the majority of the season people have been complaining about Nolan, saying he's a passenger and so forth and now that he's gone it's a disaster. Some people just want to moan about the team whatever the outcome. Personally, I'll wait to see if a replacement is brought in. If not, then I will give out. TBH, if we were to sign someone like N'Zogbia soon I'd forget about Nolan (which is saying something as Nolan has been my favorite player over the last two seasons).

well said

It's true. It's always the same group of people who try desperately to twist everything into negativity. Can be very tiresome.

Aye, because selling your top goalscorer and club captain is such a positive thing :lol:

Guthrie and Gosling have to have some opportunities to play I agree. As younger players, at some point they have to be given opportunities. No problem whatsoever with them stepping in to replace any injured first team players. They have shown more than enough to be considered decent squad players for this Newcastle team.

Guthrie's 24. On Mike Ashley's 'ageing' scale he should be at the peak of his career right now.

He's not one for the future necessarily. Just a solid squad player, who I feel will look much better alongside players with a bit more movement and mobility. I like Guthrie. I feel like he tries to play the right way. He didn't quite get much support in midfield when he was in there. Didn't really see him alongside Tiote last season. Mostly played with Nolan or Barton I think, and had to play more of an all out holding/defensive role.

Guest johnson293

well said

Try to find any moaning from me regarding Nolan. There is none.

And we salute you Mr.  :lol:

Lets face it, Nolan is a average player. And in general play contributes little to our play.

He happen to score 12 goals and someone had to drink piss. But i doubt he will score 12 next season, and then he is a passenger imo.

We need more dynamic players, and strikers that scores for us.

Don`t get me wrong, i love the man to death as a person. But for the club to evolve, we need better players.

And when these better players are injured, Ryan Taylor will fill in. Hurray.

Guthrie, Gosling?

They way some people are going on here, its like we sold Messi to Kazakhstan for 2 bucks and a used toothpick.

I will come back here 1 sept and admit i was wrong, and that we are fucked if we do not have decent cover at the end of the window.

As there is NO excuse for us not have a young decent up and coming squad next season.

I just rest my case until the window is over, then i make my verdict. Nothing more we can do now, right?

Guthrie and Gosling? :mackems:

That's progress alright, real strength in depth.

So you want to give Nolan a 5y contract? 50k(?) a week? To add depth?

Fucking hell man, are you daft?

We should be looking to bring 1-2 young promising cm`s then, do give us depth.

Players who will develop and be better players, not some retirement home.

This is my opinion, but if Nolan was not happy with his contract, who have 2 more years left. Then he can go. I hate to say it, but why should we extend it?

Rather use the money to invest in some prospects then.

Is there only two options like? Give him a 5 year deal or sell immediately? :lol:

I absolutely despair.

No, there was the 3rd option, where Nolan could turn down a move to the Championship (or any other league or club) and honour the remaining two years of his current (probably lucrative) contract... much Like Andy Carroll could have in January.

Guest BooBoo

I've tried to mull on this before coming to knee jerk conclusions, but is anybody concerned about the coming season?

Of course it's likely that new signings will arrive but it also looks like Enrique and Barton are certainly off. The core of players that dragged the club off its knees is being pushed out and we'll be left with youngsters and foreign imports. Let's be honest, if next season turns sour, can we really rely on the likes of Ben Arfa, Cabaye and whichever other players we bring in, to dig in and get their hands dirty? Will they really care about the club like that Barton and Nolan very clearly do? We went down in 2009 through off field turmoil but also by way of a lack of strong leadership amongst the players, too many didnt give a shit and you can see history repeating itself quite easily. Which leaders will we be left with? Harper is the remaining senior pro, Steven Taylor not guaranteed a start and the rest are all pretty much quiet men or have a limited grasp of English.

It's too simple to think we've signed a better player in Cabaye, so we'll be fine. He very well might be. However, Nolan's contribution in the running of the club in the last two years has been colossal and I'm far from convinced that that's something that can be easily replaced.

There's no two ways about it, today is a very bad day for the club. Unfortunately, I fear it's just the start. The board did a great job 12 months ago of killing expectations for the coming season and today, they've done exactly the same.

Wullie you keep saying this about the British core and Arsenal's weakness today yet the team that won the league unbeaten was Lehmann, Lauren, Cole, Campbell, Toure, Pires, Ljungberg, Vieira, Gilberto, Henry and Bergkamp. Two Brits. They had leaders who weren't British like we have (Tiote, Coloccini...)

Fallen apart in terms of leadership since Keown, Parlour, Campbell have left and not been replaced. Fairly obvious and the same reason Fergie has kept Brown, Fletcher, O'Shea, Scholes on so long and why he continues to buy English players as the bulk of his squad. I've explained this to you so many times. :lol:

I've tried to mull on this before coming to knee jerk conclusions, but is anybody concerned about the coming season?

Of course it's likely that new signings will arrive but it also looks like Enrique and Barton are certainly off. The core of players that dragged the club off its knees is being pushed out and we'll be left with youngsters and foreign imports. Let's be honest, if next season turns sour, can we really rely on the likes of Ben Arfa, Cabaye and whichever other players we bring in, to dig in and get their hands dirty? Will they really care about the club in the like that Barton and Nolan very clearly do? We went down in 2009 through off field turmoil but also a lack of strong leadership amongst the players, too many didnt give a s*** and you can see history repeating itself quite easily. Which leaders will we be left with? Harper is the remaining senior pro, Steven Taylor not guaranteed a start and the rest are all pretty much quiet men or have a limited grasp of English.

It's too simple to think we've signed a better player in Cabaye, so we'll be fine. He very well might be. However, Nolan's contribution in the running of the club in the last two years has been colossal and I'm far from convinced that that's something that can be easily replaced.

There's no two ways about it, today is a very bad day for the club. Unfortunately, I fear it's just the start. The board did a great job 12 months ago of killing expectations for the coming season and today, they've done exactly the same.

:sadnod:

You're supposed to build on a good core of players/of a team, not get it to take you to one goal, immediately dismantled it, replace them all and start again.

I saw him get 12 goals against Premier League opposition, you f***ing halfwit.

Hear comes the personal abuse. Standard Wullie. You always go there with me. If I retaliated I would get banned for sure. You just can't carry a discussion any other way. Pathetic guy.

Am I the only one who think he may fail a medical?

It's West Ham, he will pass with flying colours

Aye, surely just by being alive and being able to walk makes him capable of passing a West Ham medical? :lol:

Guest johnson293

Goodness me, Pissi. At least you do more research than many tabloid journalists.

:)

Speaking of research, SSN report before said Nolan was joining up again with Sam Allardyce, who managed him at Bolton and Newcastle.  :rolleyes:

:kinnear:

Hear comes the personal abuse. Standard Wullie. You always go there with me. If I retaliated I would get banned for sure. You just can't carry a discussion any other way. Pathetic guy.

It's your own fault for talking utter rubbish, all the time.

Is that written into the forum rules? People can be abused if another forum member believes they are talking rubbish?

Is that written into the forum rules? People can be abused if another forum member believes they are talking rubbish?

What, "halfwit"? How precious is he like? I was being kind tbh.

Of course it's likely that new signings will arrive but it also looks like Enrique and Barton are certainly off. The core of players that dragged the club off its knees is being pushed out and we'll be left with youngsters and foreign imports. Let's be honest, if next season turns sour, can we really rely on the likes of Ben Arfa, Cabaye and whichever other players we bring in, to dig in and get their hands dirty? Will they really care about the club in the like that Barton and Nolan very clearly do? We went down in 2009 through off field turmoil but also a lack of strong leadership amongst the players, too many didnt give a s*** and you can see history repeating itself quite easily. Which leaders will we be left with? Harper is the remaining senior pro, Steven Taylor not guaranteed a start and the rest are all pretty much quiet men or have a limited grasp of English.

:sadnod:

You're supposed to build on a good core of players/of a team, not get it to take you to one goal, immediately dismantled it, replace them all and start again.

:sadnod: yeah....

Think it's a big risk selling - but only because of his leadership and possibly his goals. If we are to play pass and move football then he is only a fringe player and his leadership value is eroded.

I also think (and I hate to disagree with Wullie) that both the club and the player know he has to be sold once there is no agreement on a contract extension. Whether the club should have entered discussions with two years on the contract if it didn't see him as central to their plans is another point. Once they made him an offer that was unacceptable to him then it is a parting of ways. I wish him well and can only hope we start spending again soon.