Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

I can't mega quote TRon, but aye, any excuse to have a pop at the board.

Nolan could come out and confirm a big offer, yet decided e wanted to go to wham to be with sam plus a longer deal and ashley & co will still be called worse than shite.

It's funny how one poster is worried about a player coming with a dodgy knee with a better scoring ratio record in a poorer team, yet wants, in his words, to keep a player blowing out of his arse after 15 mins.

Oe maybe a striker and the other a mid, but in reality both can only operate in a forward role.

Can the thread title not be changed to 'Nolan turns down new contract to join West Ham' to put all this squad player rubbish to bed.

Well not really, as it depends which journo's opinion you listen to.

Funny how reliable Douglas has been made out to be with all the good stuff he's "broke" yet as soon as this comes out, no chance. :lol:

Fuking gospel till it suits. Pathetic defence of the player on here, to be expected though.

It's not even a defence of the player for the most part. It's just a convenient excuse to have a dig at Fat Ashley and speccy Dekka.

Yup. Got nothing at all to do with selling our top goalscorer and club captain. All just an excuse to slag off Ashley...

I wish someone could convince me of a scenario where we could buy Cabaye and keep Nolan on the bench on 40-50k a week for the next 4 years. Because that's how you would have to plan it if you were running the club and intending to buy Cabaye. Otherwise you wouldn't buy him. How come no one has said that's what we should have done?

It's funny how one poster is worried about a player coming with a dodgy knee with a better scoring ratio record in a poorer team, yet wants, in his words, to keep a player blowing out of his arse after 15 mins.

:spit:

It's getting so daft now that Johnny Hall is taking sides despite being one of those who wasn't even a fan of Nolan for most of the season.

Because on his day, he's invaluable. As rare as those days are. He's worth keeping for the goals.

It's getting so daft now that Johnny Hall is taking sides despite being one of those who wasn't even a fan of Nolan for most of the season.

Because on his day, he's invaluable. As rare as those days are. He's worth keeping for the goals.

But if you are running a football club you have to weigh up how valuable and over how many years. Would he be valuable enough to keep in the first team next season and not have bought Cabaye?

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,71438.msg2512388.html#msg2512388

Keep up mate, Tron's already said I haven't rated him much this season.

You'll have to try a bit harder. You want a hand?

But if you are running a football club you have to weigh up how valuable and over how many years. Would he be valuable enough to keep in the first team next season and not have bought Cabaye?

Nope, always thought we needed a CM upgrade. But how often have we played our 1st choice side this season? We need options and he's a pretty decent one to turn to when you're chasing a goal.

Nope, always thought we needed a CM upgrade. But how often have we played our 1st choice side this season? We need options and he's a pretty decent one to turn to when you're chasing a goal.

Which is probably why a contract offer had lots of appearance-based incentives. And probably why he turned it down.

Other people have said it and I agree...he's not a player that would be effective coming off the bench. Not that I think Nolan would have stayed anyway if he wasn't going to be a first team player as has been proved by the move to West Ham.

Guest johnson293

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,71438.msg2512388.html#msg2512388

Nah, just thought it was an interesting quote - that you'd prefer an unknown to Nolan.... not now though?

Nah, just thought it was an interesting quote - that you'd prefer an unknown to Nolan.... not now though?

Well considering that was 4 games into the season, I'd like to think I'd be allowed to change my mind :lol:

Didn't realise every comment was binding like.

Well considering that was 4 games into the season, I'd like to think I'd be allowed to change my mind :lol:

You have a lot to learn.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/8578259/Sam-Allardyce-to-continue-rebuilding-at-West-Ham-United-with-new-signings-Kevin-Nolan-and-Ricardo-Gardner.html

Newcastle United yesterday accepted a £4m offer

LukeEdwards0 Luke Edwards

Kevin nolan once told me he loved everything abt playing 4 #nufc! Obviously nothing an extra 5k a week & a long contract can't change #whufc

Guest VegasToon

LukeEdwards0 Luke Edwards

Kevin nolan once told me he loved everything abt playing 4 #nufc! Obviously nothing an extra 5k a week & a long contract can't change #whfc

You have a lot to learn.

I'm just disappointed with his effort tbh.

Even I could give you a post where I slag off Nolan more recently than September.

Guest johnson293

You have a lot to learn.

I'm just disappointed with his effort tbh.

Even I could give you a post where I slag off Nolan more recently than September.

Don't be... I began at the start of the thread and just got bored looking, TBH.