Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Guest Roger Kint
Barton is different though, can see him being a quality player in his early-mid thirties.

He was offered a deal up til almost his 32nd birthday, its only right he should have to prove himself after that imo.

The best thing about Nolan signing a new contract has alway been that it will probably be a morale boost to the rest of the camp, it's not like we have to tie him down to retain some sell on value.

Now I like Nolan, but he'll be 30 coming into the 2012/2013 season (last season on his contract), and with Nolan suffering some sort of Old Snake rapid ageing process, this would put him at about 38 in normal footballers years, 4 seasons is an extremely generous offer.

The best thing about Nolan signing a new contract has alway been that it will probably be a morale boost to the rest of the camp, it's not like we have to tie him down to retain some sell on value.

Do you really think the Enrique's, Coloccini's, Ben Arfa's, Krul's & Tiote's are on their holidays thinking, "They'd better give Nolan that brand new contract"?

Where has this five year thing come from?

Sky Sports article........... it says he wants an improved 5 year deal.

That's where it breaks for me. With that he wants more money and another year on his contract. Fucking hell, Nolan will help us stabilize as a Premier League team in the two coming years but I hope that after that we'll be looking at breaking into top 7 and Nolan will never be good enough for such a push. Should take his 3 year extension and shove it up his arse.

Do you really think the Enrique's, Coloccini's, Ben Arfa's, Krul's & Tiote's are on their holidays thinking, "They'd better give Nolan that brand new contract"?

I doubt it'll be some sort of magical spell cast on everyone as soon as he puts pen to paper, but I certainly think a happy and commited Nolan would be better for the team spirit, he's clearly a big charecter in the dressing room. I think he will grit his teeth and get on as usual anyway, regardless if his demands are answered or not, like, I was just making the point that tying Nolan down for a further 2 years isn;t realy neccesary (imo).

As long as it doesn't effect his commitment to us then I see no problem with him not extending his contract. The problem may come if he sulks that he's not getting what he wants. If what is being said is true I'm glad the club are not committing. An extra 2 years on top of what he's got is more than adequate.

Guest schmuck

Well that is ridiculous if true. Doesn't seem to match with his comments a while back about knowing he's going to be phased out of the team though.

Very true. 'A source' at it again?

If he's the type of pro I believe he is, he should be relishing the opportunity to try and match last season to show he's worth it so when it comes to this time next summer, we'll be looking at extending. By 3 years though? Again, not so sure.

Well that is ridiculous if true. Doesn't seem to match with his comments a while back about knowing he's going to be phased out of the team though.

Very true. 'A source' at it again?

It's funny how Nolan & Barton have both made all the right noises to the fans, in the press, on Twitter, etc. that they love the club, want to stay, etc. yet have never denied the "club source's" info that we've knocked them back due to the length of contract they're after.

Wouldn't surprise me if Barton and Nolan are merely trying to exploit their affinity with the fans and the area and didn't count on the club doing exactly the same back at them.