Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Guest hobshobs

Wonder if the new captain will be happy to take the troubled youngster into their house after they've been accused of slapping their lass about?

Are you saying we keep him in case this situation arises again at say £40,000 a week?

Guest palnese

He said in an interview with NufcTV that he will not accept a role as a squadplayer. That may the reason behind this move.

Really? I distinctly remember an article in the Chronicle/Journal where he accepted that for the team to move forward he'd be playing less. Tried to find it earlier to no avail.

Nah, I had something to do with personal pride. I may be wrong, but I think that was what he said.

Wonder if the new captain will be happy to take the troubled youngster into their house after they've been accused of slapping their lass about?

Are you saying we keep him in case this situation arises again at say £40,000 a week?

Yes, that's exactly what I am saying.

No, I'd have kept him because he is a vital part of the first team set up who offers a lot on the pitch and just above and beyond as captain off it.

You choose.

He said in an interview with NufcTV that he will not accept a role as a squadplayer. That may the reason behind this move.

Really? I distinctly remember an article in the Chronicle/Journal where he accepted that for the team to move forward he'd be playing less. Tried to find it earlier to no avail.

“I’d love to be able to see my career out here, but realistically that isn’t going to happen,” said Nolan, a player who has epitomised the transformation in the dressing room since relegation in 2009.

“If this club carries on going in the right direction, which I believe it will do, they won’t want me.

“In three or four years I’ll be expected to leave. I’m not going to hang around picking up my money. If I’m not playing, I’m one of those players who will move on.

“I hope it’s not too soon, I hope I’ve got three or four years left here and I’m going to work hard to try and make that happen.

“I want to get this club back into Europe, win a trophy perhaps, even if that means I’m no longer wanted. It doesn’t worry me, that’s football. You can’t stop the passing of time. I’d rather help Newcastle get to a level where I’m not wanted anymore, that will mean I’ve helped the club be successful to get there.”

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/02/18/kevin-nolan-i-love-everything-about-this-club-and-city-61634-28191467/#ixzz1PN8av7yC

I love how for the majority of the season people have been complaining about Nolan, saying he's a passenger and so forth and now that he's gone it's a disaster. Some people just want to moan about the team whatever the outcome. Personally, I'll wait to see if a replacement is brought in. If not, then I will give out. TBH, if we were to sign someone like N'Zogbia soon I'd forget about Nolan (which is saying something as Nolan has been my favorite player over the last two seasons).

:clap:

well said

It's true. It's always the same group of people who try desperately to twist everything into negativity. Can be very tiresome.

Try to find any moaning from me regarding Nolan. There is none.

And we salute you Mr.  :lol:

Lets face it, Nolan is a average player. And in general play contributes little to our play.

He happen to score 12 goals and someone had to drink piss. But i doubt he will score 12 next season, and then he is a passenger imo.

We need more dynamic players, and strikers that scores for us.

Don`t get me wrong, i love the man to death as a person. But for the club to evolve, we need better players.

And when these better players are injured, Ryan Taylor will fill in. Hurray.

Guthrie, Gosling?

They way some people are going on here, its like we sold Messi to Kazakhstan for 2 bucks and a used toothpick.

I will come back here 1 sept and admit i was wrong, and that we are fucked if we do not have decent cover at the end of the window.

As there is NO excuse for us not have a young decent up and coming squad next season.

I just rest my case until the window is over, then i make my verdict. Nothing more we can do now, right?

You mean if we suddenly replace some of our first team players they won't be delighted at the prospect of sitting on the bench next season?  Well, I never.

Going by some it's an extremely easy transition, infact I was getting the impresion Nolan would sit on the bench for free.

I love how for the majority of the season people have been complaining about Nolan, saying he's a passenger and so forth and now that he's gone it's a disaster. Some people just want to moan about the team whatever the outcome. Personally, I'll wait to see if a replacement is brought in. If not, then I will give out. TBH, if we were to sign someone like N'Zogbia soon I'd forget about Nolan (which is saying something as Nolan has been my favorite player over the last two seasons).

well said

It's true. It's always the same group of people who try desperately to twist everything into negativity. Can be very tiresome.

Lets face it, Nolan is a average player. And in general play contributes little to our play.

He happen to score 12 goals and someone had to drink piss. But i doubt he will score 12 next season, and then he is a passenger imo.

Don`t get me wrong, i love the man to death as a person. But for the club to evolve, we need better players.

Guthrie, Gosling?

They way some people are going on here, its like we sold Messi to Kazakhstan for 2 bucks and a used toothpick.

I will come back here 1 sept and admit i was wrong, and that we are fucked if we do not have decent cover at the end of the window.

As there is NO excuse for us not have a young decent up and coming squad next season.

I just rest my case until the window is over, then i make my verdict. Nothing more we can do now, right?

Guthrie and Gosling? :mackems:

That's progress alright, real strength in depth.

I like how Gosling is more and more suffering from becoming a far better player whilst injured syndrome all of a sudden.

Hasn't even proved he can stay fit never mind compete for a place in the team.

Well, well not at all dissapointed by this. Nolan does not deserve an extended contract. He is a liability in central midfield. Pardew tried him just off the front man, but his lack of mobility and speed wasn't much of a threat overall.

From the types of players Pardew is after, he is clearly looking for a more dynamic and athletic team. Nolan would be terribly out of place. Done well last year with the goals, but time to move on.

Very interesting that no other prem teams seem to be challenging West Ham for him. they can't be paying that much afterall.

There are two years left on his current contract. There is an alternative to extend or sell, amazingly. Next summer would have been a much more sensible time to move him on (or not, depending on how he did). I guess we just can't afford to miss out on that vital extra ~£1m we gain by selling him now.

Exactly.

are you lot fucking serious?  :lol:

you can't attribute views as generally as this with any authority, find quotes of people complaining about him for the majority of the season and then quotes of them complaining he's gone and you'll have a point, other wise this sort of stuff is pissing in the wind nonsense.

i'll judge this sale at the end of the transfer window but my gut feeling is it's not wise, we have a board that's seemingly happy finishing top ten every year while straining so hard to pay as little as possible.

ashley doesnt give a fuck where we finish as long as it's not relegation and we consistently acquire players for less than their actually worth, it's like some weird obsession.

Guthrie and Gosling have to have some opportunities to play I agree. As younger players, at some point they have to be given opportunities. No problem whatsoever with them stepping in to replace any injured first team players. They have shown more than enough to be considered decent squad players for this Newcastle team.

“I’d love to be able to see my career out here, but realistically that isn’t going to happen,” said Nolan, a player who has epitomised the transformation in the dressing room since relegation in 2009.

“If this club carries on going in the right direction, which I believe it will do, they won’t want me.

“In three or four years I’ll be expected to leave. I’m not going to hang around picking up my money. If I’m not playing, I’m one of those players who will move on.

“I hope it’s not too soon, I hope I’ve got three or four years left here and I’m going to work hard to try and make that happen.

“I want to get this club back into Europe, win a trophy perhaps, even if that means I’m no longer wanted. It doesn’t worry me, that’s football. You can’t stop the passing of time. I’d rather help Newcastle get to a level where I’m not wanted anymore, that will mean I’ve helped the club be successful to get there.”

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/02/18/kevin-nolan-i-love-everything-about-this-club-and-city-61634-28191467/#ixzz1PN8av7yC

Winston Churchill, fuck off. Top man, Nolan.

well said

Guthrie, Gosling?

So you want to give Nolan a 5y contract? 50k(?) a week? To add depth?

Fucking hell man, are you daft?

We should be looking to bring 1-2 young promising cm`s then, do give us depth.

Players who will develop and be better players, not some retirement home.

This is my opinion, but if Nolan was not happy with his contract, who have 2 more years left. Then he can go. I hate to say it, but why should we extend it?

Rather use the money to invest in some prospects then.

well said

Maybe you should learn how to read. Most comments on here have been objective about the possible failure of finding an adequate replacement, the effect this had on team morale, wishing him all the best, thanking him for his services, and how hard it is to find a direct replacement who cares as much as Nolan did.

But apparently one can only hold one extreme opinion on any given topic, either "he's sh1t," or "he's great, lyk."

And no debate should ever take place.

As if it's only in this thread  :lol:

If I didn't know better I'd assume there are people on here who want us to fail just so they can be "right".

Guthrie and Gosling have to have some opportunities to play I agree. As younger players, at some point they have to be given opportunities. No problem whatsoever with them stepping in to replace any injured first team players. They have shown more than enough to be considered decent squad players for this Newcastle team.

Guthrie's 24. On Mike Ashley's 'ageing' scale he should be at the peak of his career right now.

He's such a liability that we played eight games without him and didn't win one.

Where are all the teams falling over themselves to sign him then?

Who else was missing in those games?

What teams did we play? Home or Away?

Did you see him against league one opposition puffing and panting away?

Not someone you want to invest a longer term contract in at this stage. No way.

well said

Guthrie, Gosling?

This is my opinion, but if Nolan was not happy with his contract, who have 2 more years left. Then he can go. I hate to say it, but why should we extend it?

Is there only two options like? Give him a 5 year deal or sell immediately? :lol:

I absolutely despair.

well said

Guthrie, Gosling?

It's almost like you've just made up what he said there...almost. :pow:

He's such a liability that we played eight games without him and didn't win one.

What about when you were of this opinion..

Nolan's missed three what i would call sitters against wolves, blackpool and stoke. He gets away with it because he's not a striker yet also gets away with offering fuck all else because he's meant to be a striker! His defenders can't have it both ways.

It's the total lack of anything on the flanks that's the main problem. Neither Guthrie or Lovenkrands are wingers, Nolan is a waste of time in central midfield 442 as well.

There's no way I'd picking that fat knacker Nolan like, especially not off a front man. To what end exactly?

Typical Wullie.  Complains about something when we've got it then complains when we don't.