Everton v Newcastle United - Sat 18th September (3pm)

Skeletor

We've missed Guthrie imo. Decent player and a good passer of the ball. Also gives the midfield a lot of go forward, will be very useful against the mid-lower table teams. Mid-table premiership is probably his level tbh.

We've missed Guthrie imo. Decent player and a good passer of the ball. Also gives the midfield a lot of go forward, will be very useful against the mid-lower table teams. Mid-table premiership is probably his level tbh.

Fairly good player, but he is extremely slow releasing it at times and is not the most forward thinking, just watch how much he turns around and plays back, boils my p*as at times, could do with him in team for freekicks and spraying the ball around the pitch

Fairly good player, but he is extremely slow releasing it at times and is not the most forward thinking, just watch how much he turns around and plays back, boils my p*as at times, could do with him in team for freekicks and spraying the ball around the pitch

He definitely has his limitations, but he was our best midfielder last year. The signing of Routledge was good on an individual basis but more importantly it allowed Guthrie to move into the centre and Smith to drop to the bench. We never looked back from that point on.

He's a good passer of the ball and does the simple things well, keeping us ticking over in the middle of the park. Atleast his role is actually defined rather than Smith who just offers nowt.

guthrie had been the luckiest player at SJP for a while in that when he didn't play it invariably meant alan smith did. now with tiote and gosling to come, guthrie will take his rightful place on the bench at best.

guthrie had been the luckiest player at SJP for a while in that when he didn't play it invariably meant alan smith did. now with tiote and gosling to come, guthrie will take his rightful place on the bench at best.

How much have you seen of Tiote and Gosling?

shows you how much i rate guthrie.

how much have you seen tiote, would you put him in for smith on saturday ?

Can see Guthrie going to someone like Blackburn, Bolton, Wigan, etc for about £2m in January.

We should be doing that with Smith.

And then Nolan at the end of the season.

how many times man.....whos' going to take smith with the wages he's on. he'll leave on a free at best and only if he takes a massive cut in wages or we subsidise them.

Can see Guthrie going to someone like Blackburn, Bolton, Wigan, etc for about £2m in January.

how many times man.....whos' going to take smith with the wages he's on. he'll leave on a free at best and only if he takes a massive cut in wages or we subsidise them.

:sadnod:

I know man, but I can hope.

I know man, but I can hope.

i thought it was the reason the pope was on these shores, the closer he is the better the chance of divine intervention.

I've seen absolutely nothing of Tiote. Well I mean I watched the WC but can't say I noticed him. Hughton must rate him as an alternative to Smith though (said he was competing for the position when he signed) or he wouldn't have bought him with cash money. Smith was poor last game so I'd give Tiote a chance, yes.

I've seen absolutely nothing of Tiote. Well I mean I watched the WC but can't say I noticed him. Hughton must rate him as an alternative to Smith though (said he was competing for the position when he signed) or he wouldn't have bought him with cash money. Smith was poor last game so I'd give Tiote a chance, yes.

translation for those new to the forum...."no i haven't seen him but it doesn't really matter, i'd put anyone in really as smiths been shit for a long time even if he has turned in a couple of decent games recently, i'm sure they were flukes"

Also I think a lot of people were putting him in the starting XI because... he told the Ronnie Gill he would be in the starting XI. That seems reasonable to me.

Got a link to that? I couldn't find anything earlier.

:dontknow:

Says the person who's seen equally f*** all of two new players but can put them both in front of Guthrie who doesn't even play the same position.

i've seen enough of gosling to know i'd put him instead of guthrie, i've seen enough of barton,ben arfa,jonas,routledge to take the risk of leaving guthrie out for tiote.

i dont rate the lad so i'll take the word of others on tiote.

edit..."doesn't play the same position"....i'll bet they will all be vying for one of two central midfield roles with the emphasis being on box to box as opposed to moderatly creative floater who doesn't defend or get forward.

Also I think a lot of people were putting him in the starting XI because... he told the Ronnie Gill he would be in the starting XI. That seems reasonable to me.

Got a link to that? I couldn't find anything earlier.

The article says this at the bottom:

Tiote is poised to start the clash with Everton alongside Hatem Ben Arfa at Goodison Park on Saturday.