Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

I had a lovely dog for years, Pepe, a yorkshire terrier. Loved him to bits, the whole family did. He was a lovely natured thing, and I have many happy memories of him. Would run, play, laugh with him, he was an affectionate dog, loved going to the beach and running in and out of the water. He would sit, give us his paw, give us his other paw when we asked. Couldn't train him to lay down or roll over though, but what a lovely dog.

He got old, and suffered fom various pains, and the most humane thing to do was to put him out of his misery.

Jonas now, to me, is like Pepe was.

If we kill Jonas I'll be fucking livid, suspect the police might be interested n'all.

Will get panned, but was sad seeing him compared to Duff. He's been able to adapt his game to still be an effective wide player despite losing his pace hitting his 30s. I just don't see Jonas doing the same. :undecided:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_louosu1cro1qie3i0.gif

Will get panned, but was sad seeing him compared to Duff. He's been able to adapt his game to still be an effective wide player despite losing his pace hitting his 30s. I just don't see Jonas doing the same. :undecided:

I see your point. I thought that towards the tail end of last season Jonas was adapting his game to be an effective player in the middle of the park and was pleased with this. However his decline this season has been incredibly sharp, which is terrible to see because he's just so likeable.

Duff was one of the most pointless signings we've made, we had a limited budget and brought a player in to challenge N'Zogbia who had been brilliant for us the season before.  A third of our tranfer budget was wasted on a player who was nowhere near the player that Blackburn sold to Chelsea.

Duff was one of the most pointless signings we've made, we had a limited budget and brought a player in to challenge N'Zogbia who had been brilliant for us the season before.  A third of our tranfer budget was wasted on a player who was nowhere near the player that Blackburn sold to Chelsea.

Yep, it was an absolutely crazy idea. If we hadn't signed him N'Zogbia might well still be performing for us in the PL now.

Still the sort of character I'm proud to associate the club with. Hurts like hell to see him decline so rapidly. I think he's one of those who's really suffering from the collective drop of confidence. He's not THIS bad. His performances at CM towards the end of last season were terrific and not reliant on his physique.

They weren't terrific at all. They were OK.

When we win - Jonas's workrate allows us to do so. When we lose - Jonas creates nothing. He benefits from good results far more than we benefit from him.

He was making us tick quite well. I remember him getting huge amounts of praise on here.

Jonas has been a brilliant signing. We've done well from his signing given the outlay in fees and wages but that's in the past now. He's just not an effective player anymore.

That's my view as well. Two years ago he was a vital cog in a poor team. Now we've moved on and with really good strikers up front we need players who can put in quality deliveries from wide areas.

Jonas has been a brilliant signing. We've done well from his signing given the outlay in fees and wages but that's in the past now. He's just not an effective player anymore.

That's my view as well. Two years ago he was a vital cog in a poor team. Now we've moved on and with really good strikers up front we need players who can put in quality deliveries from wide areas.

Yep, essentially we're carrying a few leftovers from a lower-standard first team. Players like Willo, Simpson, and unfortunately Jonas aren't on the same planet as Cabaye, Cisse, Ben Arfa or even Anita and Marveaux.

Hopefully we will continue to add better quality, obviously it hasn't happened quite as fast as we'd like.

Yep, essentially we're carrying a few leftovers from a lower-standard first team. Players like Willo, Simpson, and unfortunately Jonas aren't on the same planet as Cabaye, Cisse, Ben Arfa or even Anita and Marveaux.

Hopefully we will continue to add better quality, obviously it hasn't happened quite as fast as we'd like.

Bang on. I love Jonas and he's pretty much a legend for his positive contribution to the club -- albeit a small legend -- but we really cannot have our entire left flank unoccupied as it currently sits.

Jonas' lack of delivery from wide has been even more highlighted by us not having a natural left back. I don't think it's a coincidence that our best work down the left used to come when he was teamed up with Enrique. If we are going to play Santon there then we need a left winger with a peach of a left foot.