Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Only positive in Colo leaving is that Jonas probably will too.

Yep, fewer senior players is just what we need.

I know it's not ideal, but for an abysmal player like Jonas i just don't care.

Might offer him the captaincy to keep him happy. He's vice captain isn't he?

What I am afraid of, if he is captain he will probably be a sure starter as well.

He is vice-captain, so would be a "natural" choice as well.

Guest reefatoon

Might offer him the captaincy to keep him happy. He's vice captain isn't he?

What I am afraid of, if he is captain he will probably be a sure starter as well.

He is vice-captain, so would be a "natural" choice as well.

:lol:  Well that goes without saying Admiral Obvious.

I honestly can't believe people can call Jonas bad by any stretch of the imagination. Out of form sure, but so has been most of the midfield with the exception of Ben Arfa.

I honestly can't believe people can call Jonas bad by any stretch of the imagination. Out of form sure, but so has been most of the midfield with the exception of Ben Arfa.

The rest of the midfield have been contributing from time to time. He hasn't, at all.

He's not a bad captain imo. Put in decent captain's performances in the early stages of the season when Colo was injured, and led the team with his work ethic and Adolf Hitler impersonations when organizing the defense. Everyone just suffered a major drop in form since the West Ham game. With him being the least skilled of the senior midfielders, he began getting loads of stick as we struggled to create chances then.

I agree that he's totally out of his depth at the moment, but he's certainly not as bad as some people here claim to be.

He's been poor this season, but abysmal? Behave.

If those performances aren't abysmal I don't know what the hell is.

Don't forget some players have a golden pass on this forum. If Perch had similar performances he would get slaughtered.

I would choose Marveaux too but you can't really blame Pardew if he is a little safety first after the last few games can you? :lol:

IF Jonas is looking like the player he was last season I would try and find a way for both to be in the team. We have been too weak at he back to ignore any protection from the front 6.