Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Great servant to this club. Fantastic work-rate but sadly little end product. The sort of person I would love to have around in the workplace given his banter. Definitely did not deserve to be chucked out of the club without an explanation. It's not that hard to tell someone that they have been valued for the contribution they have made over the years but that the manager feels there are better options at the club now and that it would be better for the player to move on to somewhere where they will get a game. Certainly feels like a contract clause issue and a diktat from above to me.

What garbage. He's been treated above and beyond what his laughable contribution has merited.

I'm referring to his treatment at the end, he has been treated well most of the time he's been here.

Funny, I can't remember the club being slated when we cast aside players like Kelly, Peacock, Venison, etc. as the club was evolving.

Can't recall specifically but maybe Keegan treated them with an element of respect when they were leaving, I'd be surprised if not.

Shipping players out after they've served their purpose is fair enough, it's how things work. There's a certain way to go about it though and treating players like shit isn't it like. There's absolutely no reason why the player can't be shifted on whilst still treating the individual with a bit of respect, honesty and courtesy.

Needs to come from the very top though and that's where it breaks down.

Shipping players out after they've served their purpose is fair enough, it's how things work. There's a certain way to go about it though and treating players like s*** isn't it like. There's absolutely no reason why the player can't be shifted on whilst still treating the individual with a bit of respect, honesty and courtesy.

I don't get how though? We told him he'd not play and to find another club. I'm sure he doesn't need to be buttered up.

Funny, I can't remember the club being slated when we cast aside players like Kelly, Peacock, Venison, etc. as the club was evolving.

I said this the other day, man. Says it all about how far we've falled when Jonas fucking Gutierrez - a player who derives most of his credit from helping us back to the PL after helping us go down - is expected to leave with some sort of emotional fanfare. If he'd been given a new contract we'd all be rightly incensed.

I said this the other day, man. Says it all about how far we've falled when Jonas fucking Gutierrez - a player who derives most of his credit from helping us back to the PL after helping us go down - is expected to leave with some sort of emotional fanfare. If he'd been given a new contract we'd all be rightly incensed.

Are you under contractual obligation to repeat the same thing every 10 posts? Go and watch some Haidara v Liverpool videos or something man.

I've already said my thoughts on this before, think it's a load of crap and just another unnecessary stick to beat Pardew with. He's got enough already which he deserves, this though, nah.

:lol: You're clearly a top chap and an ace poster, so I don't know why you seem to be deliberately missing the point.  It's not an unjustified stick to beat Pardew with, he's blatantly handled it poorly and not only do I not like that, but I doubt it has done wonders for the morale of the squad to see a nice chap like Jonas being treated like a dickhead suddenly after having been an ever-present, for no reason.

The most annoying thing about this forum at the minute is "That's just another stick to beat Pardew with", "Any excuse to have a pop" etc - it seems like justified concerns about his management are brushed off with this shite repeatedly at the minute.

Shipping players out after they've served their purpose is fair enough, it's how things work. There's a certain way to go about it though and treating players like s*** isn't it like. There's absolutely no reason why the player can't be shifted on whilst still treating the individual with a bit of respect, honesty and courtesy.

I don't get how though? We told him he'd not play and to find another club. I'm sure he doesn't need to be buttered up.

Without being privvy to the actual conversations it's hard to be certain. Just telling the bloke after 5 years he's no longer needed and find another club asap without any explanation (if Jonas is being honest) just seems really harsh on the bloke though.

"I know you played nearly every game last season, but you're not getting in my squad anymore and you need to find another club".

Aye, nice one.  Fucking Obertan's getting minutes.  Like SEMTEX says, he's been told to shift him on - the least he could have done was treat the player with respect.

"I know you played nearly every game last season, but you're not getting in my squad anymore and you need to find another club".

Aye, nice one.  f***ing Obertan's getting minutes.  Like SEMTEX says, he's been told to shift him on - the least he could have done was treat the player with respect.

He's played barely 100 minutes in 4 months. Even if Semtex is right with the contract situation, again, if Jonas knows there's this clause and he's nowhere near the first-team picture, it can't be a surprise to him?

For the vast majority of those games, the common name on the bench while he starts is Anita. He's overtaken him now. We also have no injuries unlike last season. Coupled with the fact Jonas deteriorated badly last season, does he really need it explained to him and an arm round the shoulder telling him that?

According to transfermarkt he was injured from 19th August - 1st October.  So he featured versus Man City, got injured, then never featured after his recovery.  Suddenly he's just not good enough and doesn't deserve any explanation for having to find another club.  OK.