Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Good pro who doesn't run his mouth, excellent fitness, excellent workrate, good and consistent performer and hey presto! New contract.

Quelle surprise.

yeah very good pro he keeps his head down and works, very limited as a player though

Not sure about limited, like.

He is. Lets not fool ourselves. I agree with his professionalism, work rate and fitness though. And he is an above average dribbler/carrier of the ball (as pure dribbling, none efficiency involved @ assist/goal)

Good pro who doesn't run his mouth, excellent fitness, excellent workrate, good and consistent performer and hey presto! New contract.

Quelle surprise.

yeah very good pro he keeps his head down and works, very limited as a player though

He is. Lets not fool ourselves. I agree with his professionalism, work rate and fitness though. And he is an above average dribbler/carrier of the ball (as pure dribbling, none efficiency involved @ assist/goal)

He clearly is, like.

Quelle surprise.

If you're definition of a limited footballer is anyone who's not good enough to play for a top four club then yes, Jonas is limited. If he had CL standard finishing and assist levels he wouldn't be here, he'd be at Chelsea or Inter Milan.

Quelle surprise.

If you're definition of a limited footballer is anyone who's not good enough to play for a top four club then yes, Jonas is limited. If he had CL standard finishing and assist levels he wouldn't be here, he'd be at Chelsea or Inter Milan.

My definition of a limited winger would be one that can't cross, pass or shoot.

I would define it as limited attributes in his preferred position. Attributes that usually are significant when playing as a winger. And as I've said before, I think he would be a class wingback in a Napoli-style formation, because of his work rate and stamina. But it is his lacking abilities deliverance-and-determination wise that has left me frustrated countless times. I'm not saying he can't improve these skills, and I think he's started this season great. Also :thup: to the extended contract.

Interesting point IMO, was David Beckham limited because he could only cross and pass brilliantly and he couldn't dribble or carry the ball? Maybe he was, but he was still a brilliant player. I know Jonas has weaknesses, but overall the only conclusion I can come to is that he's good to watch and very important to the team.

Interesting point IMO, was David Beckham limited because he could only cross and pass brilliantly and he couldn't dribble or carry the ball? Maybe he was, but he was still a brilliant player. I know Jonas has weaknesses, but overall the only conclusion I can come to is that he's good to watch and very important to the team.

If Beckham could only cross averagely and pass averagely: he would've been hopeless. The fact that he was exceptional at both of those things made him a great player. What is Jonas's exceptional attribute other than hairiness? And it's not like I dislike him: he's a fine player for us.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Don't really think he's limited to just the 'free kick winning ball carrier' guy though. He can cross and I think with  movement around him he will show he has an eye for a clever pass.

Quelle surprise.

My definition of a limited winger would be one that can't cross, pass or shoot.

Think he's going to look better with the better players (and movement) around him. One of the reasons he's often frustrated us, imo, is he doesn't cope too well with being doubled up on. The less that happens the more he'll shine.

That reverse pass through to Ben Arfa's run surprised the hell out of me anyway.

Guest michaelfoster

Quelle surprise.

His crossing & finishing are pretty poor tbh. He has decent dribbling, work rate and pace and average at most other things. He does come accross as a professional who keeps his head down on the training ground though

If Beckham could only cross averagely and pass averagely: he would've been hopeless. The fact that he was exceptional at both of those things made him a great player. What is Jonas's exceptional attribute other than hairiness? And it's not like I dislike him: he's a fine player for us.

If he's a fine player for us then that's all that matters at the end of the day. Arguing the toss over exceptional or limited isn't really a major issue.

JamieMnufc Jamie Marshall

@elgalgojonas how come your getting a new contract!? your s***! ben arfa and marveaux are better, just leave the club will you?!

f***'s sake. f***ing prick.

Yeah! Let's give these players that have been here less than a year new contracts instead! :laugh: