Premiership XI

Neil

Given

Giggs  Keane  Viera  Scholes

Henry Shearer

Bale    Adams  Keown    Neville

Anyone who doesn't have Henry and Shearer up front don't have a clue what they're talking about. The two best strikers to have played in the PL

Have another look at your team and think about whether you're in a position to say some people don't have a clue what they're talking about. :lol:

:idiot2:

Have you just tried to edit your own post in a quote to hide your mistake only messing it up further and now looks like a complete mess?  :lol:

Been on the lash perchance?  :lol:

Bale at right back :lol:

Given :lol:

Well obviously not, I've placed him at LB, why do you think Neville was in the position he is?

Also I put Scholes twice instead of Viera thus the reason for my edit, sorry for the typo wasn't aware that was a crime on here.

I also never really saw Schmeichel play whilst I'll always remember Given against Arsenal. These are the players I've seen play and of which I can only base my actual opinions on.

Just looking at these players makes me think the premiership is in such a state right now, no-one is going to gush in admiration of these teams in 10 years time the way they may about man u's 1999 team, mourinho's chelsea or the invincible arsenal team

Looking back with rose tinted spectacles and all that.

Yeah possibly fair. If you look at the league winners over the last few years I dunno if any of those teams look all 'that' good, except arguably the Man City team, but that looks better on paper than it actually plays.

Looking back with rose tinted spectacles and all that.

I think he's right.

Look at Man Utd's team now. It's a level below what they had say 10 years ago yet they still gain huge point totals.

Cantona is overrated and so shouldn't be in a Premiership XI. 

A peg down from RvN, RvP, Shearer, Henry, Drogba et al.

Don't think so. Different type of player from all of those, but certainly better than 4 of the 6. I'd put him up there with Henry for best Overseas Premiership player. His contribution to Manchester United was phenomenal.

Cantona's impact was amazing at the time. I think he gets a lot more recognition as well due to his persona and the legend around his name.

He was terrible in European competition though so never produced it on the biggest stage which tarnishes his legacy for me.

Cantona's impact was amazing at the time. I think he gets a lot more recognition as well due to his persona and the legend around his name.

He was terrible in European competition though so never produced it on the biggest stage which tarnishes his legacy for me.

Man United were terrible in Europe then, not just Cantona. Shouldn't affect his selection into a Premiership team. I fucking hated him, I believe his comeback after the ban sparked their march past us for the title, especially those what seemed like months, but in reality was weeks , when they won 1-0 with him scoring. But he was a very special player...one of the kind whom you'd pay the admission fee alone to watch

Guest firetotheworks

Cantona is overrated and so shouldn't be in a Premiership XI. 

A peg down from RvN, RvP, Shearer, Henry, Drogba et al.

Overrated? His impact on the league is astounding. It's not hype to say that him and Schmeichel pretty much won the league for Man United at least once and probably a couple of times more.

I hated him, but I hated him because he was absolutely brilliant. There's not a chance that he was a peg down from those you've mentioned.

Guest palnese

Schmeichel

Gaz  Adams  Campbell  Cole

Ronaldo Keane  Scholes  Giggs

Henry Shearer

Guest firetotheworks

It does go to show how good all of these players are that pretty much no one has included any of the following:

Zola

Desailly

Seaman

Irwin

RVP

RVN

Fowler

Wright

Bruce

Pallister

Beckham

Lampard

Pires

and loads more that I can't think of off the top of my head.

It does go to show how good all of these players are that pretty much no one has included any of the following:

Zola

Desailly

Seaman

Irwin

RVP

RVN

Fowler

Wright

Bruce

Pallister

Beckham

Lampard

Pires

and loads more that I can't think of off the top of my head.

Even players like Gary McAllister who were excellent over a number of seasons, even our own Gary Speed.