Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

Guest Roger Kint

Hammill is available for £500k due to a release clause, not a bad shout. Wouldnt want dos Santos or Keane though

:lol:

Nowt funny about having an opinion, care to try it? One is over the hill and pretty much past his best a year ago and the other flatters to deceive every time i have seen him, shown nothing to suggest he is up to regular Premier League football.

Guest Stephen927

I don't rate dos Santos, the lad is living off the comparisons made with Ronaldinho a million years ago. He should flourish in the Spurs team with the way they play, but he looks distinctly ordinary every time. Poor poor mans Ben Arfa.

Guest Roger Kint

I don't rate dos Santos, the lad is living off the comparisons made with Ronaldinho a million years ago. He should flourish in the Spurs team with the way they play, but he looks distinctly ordinary every time. Poor poor mans Ben Arfa.

Would rather take a chance on Bentley regaining his form tbh

Guest Stephen927

Depending on the price, aye. We need the kind of winger who's first thought when he gets the ball is 'Am I in a position to knock this onto Carrolls head?'

We already have 2 wingers at the club who like to cut inside and don't really favour driving one into the box.

Guest Roger Kint

Suppose the price would be an issue with Spurs traditionally bastards with letting players go on the cheap. Definately worth a shot if we can negotiate a good fee.

Dos Santos looked quality at the World Cup though, he was actually one of the standout players. Maybe it's just the style of football, climate, language etc. that he can't deal with.

Guest Roger Kint

Dos Santos looked quality at the World Cup though, he was actually one of the standout players. Maybe it's just the style of football, climate, language etc. that he can't deal with.

Yeah he was impressive in a few games but like you say the climate and tempo of the matches simply suited him. Just dont see him getting to grips with this league.

So would I. Just find it funny how you can be so picky in our situation with no money and lack of options on the wing and upfront.

The fact we have two or three out and our attack is now at it's limit tells it's own story.

I believe we will stay up but only if we can keep our main front players fit that includes Shola, Carroll, Barton and Nolan.

We need to add to this in january and we could do alot worse than the names being mentioned. If Jason Roberts is still out of favour at Blackburn i'd have him on loan (Realism).

Ashley could take a huge step towards redemption by opening his wallet for A. Johnson. Never going to happen though. He's probably on some of the lowest wages at Man City and it's still probably more than we would consider paying.

Never judge a young player based on what they are doing at Spurs. Horrific club when it comes to dealing with youg players.

They didn't give Boateng a squad number when he was at Tottenham but were starting Jenas every game. Got rid of Defoe, Kaboul and Crouch only to go running back to them after Harry nicked them and showcased their abilities at Pompey. Dismissed Darren Bent sharpish even though they don't have a striker better than him, apart from maybe Defoe. Based on what O'Hara did at Portsmouth last season he is alos far better then Jenas but hardly plays either. Had pretty much just about given up on Bale too after almost loaning him out to a championship club last season.