Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

Great goalscoring record too

He scored 3 league goals while at for Birmingham. Leave him where he is at.

Doesn't tell the whole story. Decent player.

Okay then. I saw him quite a bit  when he was at Birmingham he has decent turn of pace, zero understanding of team play & is a f***ing diaster in front of goal. I can 100% see whe Big Eck hardly played him towards the end of his loan spell & did not do this deal & why no other PL steamed in afterwards.

Okay then. I saw him quite a bit  when he was at Birmingham he has decent turn of pace, zero understanding of team play & is a f***ing diaster in front of goal. I can 100% see whe Big Eck hardly played him towards the end of his loan spell & did not do this deal & why no other PL steamed in afterwards.

Don't agree at all.

Okay then. I saw him quite a bit  when he was at Birmingham he has decent turn of pace, zero understanding of team play & is a f***ing diaster in front of goal. I can 100% see whe Big Eck hardly played him towards the end of his loan spell & did not do this deal & why no other PL steamed in afterwards.

Don't agree at all.

What that Big Eck hardly played him towards the end of his loan spell? That Birmingham did not sign him? That no other PL club steamed in & signed him?

Okay then. I saw him quite a bit  when he was at Birmingham he has decent turn of pace, zero understanding of team play & is a f***ing diaster in front of goal. I can 100% see whe Big Eck hardly played him towards the end of his loan spell & did not do this deal & why no other PL steamed in afterwards.

Last time I checked the Brum forums they were discussing the chance of him coming back. They really like him there and blame replacing him with Zigic as a large part of their dip this season. Personally I think he'd come good in the Prem over time and would be a decent fit for the kind of striker we are looking for. Worth noting he has a very decent record at international level.

The reason Brum and other clubs were put off was the £8 million asking fee, he is worth nowhere near that. However if he was going for a couple of million now his contract is running down I think he'd be a reasonable punt.

He does have the air of another Oba about him though.

He was bit Daniel Cordone/Zaki had good couple games early season & as the slog of the PL set in his performances went down the pan.

I think Oba is a better striker but he does have that aura to be a cult hero wherever he plays. Exciting player I just don't rate him.

He was bit Daniel Cordone/Zaki had good couple games early season & as the slog of the PL set in his performances went down the pan.

I think Oba is a better striker but he does have that aura to be a cult hero wherever he plays. Exciting player I just don't rate him.

Oba or Chucho?

Oba is awful now, career has basically fallen apart since leaving us.

Rodallega while a different kind of player is an example of why he may be worth a go. Similar record in Mexico, similar standing internationally, similar age and took a season or so to settle in England. Think most would agree he'd be our second best striker by a distance.

better to get joey and jose's contracts sorted if you ask me and save what cash we have for the saner summer market

Cant see us spending much in any market - summer or winter - until Ashley leaves.

so really what we need is someone to spend 20mill or so on keeping the place going then another 20mill or so on transfers....happy hunting with that.

Why is the club so inefficient that it takes £20m of new capital every year just to keep it going?

Martins is a different style of player - Benitez is more about link play, great movement and creating chances for others, more like Bellamy for instance. had a massive effect on Jerome and brum fans on various forums would love to have him back due to the kind of improvements he brought to other players. the complaint "zero understanding of team play" is a puzzling one cos it's just not true. saying that his goalscoring record in mexico is great, outscored suazo, and i think with a season in the prem under his belt he'd score more.

Oba or Chucho?

The pair of them. I was looking at Oba wiki earlier on today. I did not think he did that well in Germany yet his move to Ruben is down as €17 million, that cant be correct? Is it.

better to get joey and jose's contracts sorted if you ask me and save what cash we have for the saner summer market

Cant see us spending much in any market - summer or winter - until Ashley leaves.

so really what we need is someone to spend 20mill or so on keeping the place going then another 20mill or so on transfers....happy hunting with that.

Why is the club so inefficient that it takes £20m of new capital every year just to keep it going?

unaffordable wages according to the accounts. hopefully now with premier money coming in and the wage bill probably going down the situation ought to be getting better.

Martins is a different style of player - Benitez is more about link play, great movement and creating chances for others, more like Bellamy for instance. had a massive effect on Jerome and brum fans on various forums would love to have him back due to the kind of improvements he brought to other players. the complaint "zero understanding of team play" is a puzzling one cos it's just not true. saying that his goalscoring record in mexico is great, outscored suazo, and i think with a season in the prem under his belt he'd score more.

I think he was signed as finisher but found it a bit tough at the sharp end so he had to start playing deeper. Jerome & CB looked good early doors last season but that tailed off.

Oba or Chucho?

The pair of them. I was looking at Oba wiki earlier on today. I did not think he did that well in Germany yet his move to Ruben is down as €17 million, that cant be correct? Is it.

That seems very high but It may not be far from the truth. If I remember correctly Rubin were top 3 spenders in Europe over the summer. They bought Carlos Eduardo for around €20 million and Salvatore Bocchetti for €15 million. If that's the case then maybe they did spend that on Oba.

He's definitely been a flop though, 2 goals in 12 games and both were from the spot IIRC.

They club will only regress while the fat f***er stays.

So as of right now the club is in a worse state than when he took over?

Guest MrSundlofer

Was thinking about this...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6666065,00.html

"Inter Milan have confirmed Sunderland target Sulley Muntari has handed in a transfer request at the San Siro."

http://www.africasoccernet.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/SULLEY-MUNTARI.jpg

We should make an offer. He can cover all spots in midfield. Also quality. Bring him in on loan with an option to buy.

Also this...

If Wayne Routledge will leave on loan we need a right winger. Shaun Wright-Phillips will improve us on the right flank. Loan.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/10_04/WrightPhillips2GET_468x360.jpg

= Sulley Muntari & Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Guest MrSundlofer

Have you made this post purposely to make my blood boil?

I don't want either of those two donkey's anywhere near NUFC.

No.

It's very easy for users on this forum to say comments about players. So, why don't you want them at Newcastle United? Who do you want instead?

That is two realistic players. Inter have confirmed Muntari wants to leave the club and Wright-Phillips is available on loan from Manchester City. With all injuries coming up during the second part of the season I don't see two quality loan signings a problem.

Because I've watched 95% of Muntari's games for Inter. The man is an absolute donkey and is Alan Smith levels of useless relative to the Inter squad. Cannot pass, makes stupid fouls, no awareness of teamates, no technical ability. The only thing that retains his stock to a certain level is that he scores the odd goal. Other than that he is a total donkey.

Shaun Wright-Phillips is the same. Hasn't had a good game in 5 years, touch of a bloody rapist and can't cross to save his life. Woeful footballer who'd want stupid wages to offer no more than Wayne bleeding Routledge.

You've basically listed my two single most HATED players as potential transfer targets :lol:

Guest michaelfoster

h

Was thinking about this...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6666065,00.html

"Inter Milan have confirmed Sunderland target Sulley Muntari has handed in a transfer request at the San Siro."

http://www.africasoccernet.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/SULLEY-MUNTARI.jpg

We should make an offer. He can cover all spots in midfield. Also quality. Bring him in on loan with an option to buy.

Also this...

If Wayne Routledge will leave on loan we need a right winger. Shaun Wright-Phillips will improve us on the right flank. Loan.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/10_04/WrightPhillips2GET_468x360.jpg

Black Power!