Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

Tiote, Carrick & Barton in midfield I would get bored of us retaining possession better get Taarabt for the left to mix it up.

Carrick on current form over the last 2 years is a lot better than Ireland.

Carrick is routinely criticised by the Manchester press and most Man Utd fans I speak to pin point him as the glaring weak link in their side.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Central midfield is like the centre of our defence, probably stronger.  We won't have much money so anything we spend should be spent on forwards imo. 

I agree, however the problem is we have 6 on the books with best, Carroll, xisco, ranger, liven and shola. I dont blame Ashley for not sanctioning another striker until we get rid.

Xisco and loven out for me before a new one comes in!

Tiote, Carrick & Barton in midfield I would get bored of us retaining possession better get Taarabt for the left to mix it up.

Carrick on current form over the last 2 years is a lot better than Ireland.

Carrick is routinely criticised by the Manchester press and most Man Utd fans I speak to pin point him as the glaring weak link in their side.

Man Utd weak link? Different levels. Some of them were having a pop at Rio last season.

Guest Stephen927

Bradley >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Today's Carrick tbh

http://forum.grasscity.com/photopost/data/500/NotSureIfSerious.jpg

As this is the realistic transfer thread I think we should be realistic and accept we will not be making any signings this window.

I think Pardew knows it too, he is not distanced from Owner & Chairman, if he believes he is going to get new faces in then I wonder how long before Pards walks too..

As this is the realistic transfer thread I think we should be realistic and accept we will not be making any signings this window.

I think Pardew knows it too, he is not distanced from Owner & Chairman, if he believes he is going to get new faces in then I wonder how long before Pards walks too..

pards camn't walk can he?  'til he's paid back his gambling debts right?

right?

I think Pardew knows it too, he is not distanced from Owner & Chairman, if he believes he is going to get new faces in then I wonder how long before Pards walks too.

I hope that Pardew would have known exactly what the situation was before he took the job. I think it's highly unlikely he would resign over lack of signings.

I think Pardew knows it too, he is not distanced from Owner & Chairman, if he believes he is going to get new faces in then I wonder how long before Pards walks too.

I hope that Pardew would have known exactly what the situation was before he took the job. I think it's highly unlikely he would resign over lack of signings.

So more of a case of Perds just playing the game, knowing dam well he aint getting anyone in this window. Just never thought of him as a puppet manager.

I don't think he's a 'puppet manager', I just think the club has placed quite tight restrictions on how much can be spent on players, and it is difficult to get good players under those conditions.

No doubt the club is working hard to get players on their terms, signings are always pretty difficult in January anyway.

I don't think he's a 'puppet manager', I just think the club has placed quite tight restrictions on how much can be spent on players, and it is difficult to get good players under those conditions.

No doubt the club is working hard to get players on their terms, signings are always pretty difficult in January anyway.

Oh I agree its not as easy window to get player in but I also think the money issue means for us its even harder, tight wage conditions as well as tight transfer fee's.

Maybe Pards thought once he was in he could change their minds, I guess time will tell.

Wenger would prefer Vela goes to a Prem League club though he prefers La Liga....

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6700269,00.html

Carlos Vela on loan would be a cracking coup but doubt it will be us in the hunt for him. Wilshere done well on loan at Bolton so wouldn't suprise me if Arsenal just sent him their in the the hands of Coyle who admires Vela. Won't be long before he's sold off to a Spanish club anyways because it doesn't seem like he's going to be breaking into Arsenal's team. How Bendtner gets picked before him is beyond me!