Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

What's with this cover for Smith?

Firstly he's injured, not leaving the club (sadly), when do club's buy players to replace an injured substitute?

and for the record neither O'Hara or Ireland would count as cover for a defensive midfielder... sorry a shit defensive midfielder.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/8807647.Tranmere_s_teenage_star_outshines_Chamberlain/?ref=mr

Shouldn't bee too expensive.

"Tranmere boss Les Parry mentioned this week that his club wouldn’t be bullied into accepting a “silly money” offer" of £300,000 for the player.

350 k then?

Jennings is supposed to have spent time at Finch Farm last week. Been a fair bit of talk about us signing him.

Looks a good prospect... allegedly a bit of a jack the lad, mind you.

O`Hara? esp if the Ireland deal falls through...cover for Smith too.

Would be a really good move IMO. Sensible too.

His Twitter:

'The game was against charlton, quite a few first team lads played, score was 4-1 i think, just needed to get another game under my belt, not sure weather ill be in squad, need to go on loan to get some games missed too much already this season so wanna be playing every week '

O`Hara? esp if the Ireland deal falls through...cover for Smith too.

Would be a really good move IMO. Sensible too.

His Twitter:

'The game was against charlton, quite a few first team lads played, score was 4-1 i think, just needed to get another game under my belt, not sure weather ill be in squad, need to go on loan to get some games missed too much already this season so wanna be playing every week '

Said before that I would take a chance on O'Hara if he's available for a decent price or loan. He has energy and drive in midfield, would be a good option for us.

http://uk.yahoo.eurosport.com/football/chat.shtml?chatid=7c24b3b76e

This from Spanish pundit Guillem Balague: "Newcastle were thinking of signing Jose Angel from Sporting Gijon - a left-back who is only 21 and would be a replacement for Jose Enrique. He`d be a great replacement as well."

Never heard of him.

Remember Man City sniffing around him and the sum of 15£ million coming up.

Graeme Bailey:

10 hours ago:

Won't be around much today tweeps. But been told one of the north east clubs is ready splash some big cash today...

14 mins ago:

Hey North East tweeps, that deal I was talking about looks to have collapsed late on, in the mean time Sunderland are closing on Muntari.

Can't be us when it's about a big money signing?

Graeme Bailey:

10 hours ago:

Won't be around much today tweeps. But been told one of the north east clubs is ready splash some big cash today...

14 mins ago:

Hey North East tweeps, that deal I was talking about looks to have collapsed late on, in the mean time Sunderland are closing on Muntari.

Sessegnon? Fuller? Creamy ballsacks?

Graeme Bailey:

10 hours ago:

14 mins ago:

Sessegnon? Fuller? Creamy ballsacks?

I reckon.

Graeme Bailey:

10 hours ago:

14 mins ago:

It was a load of bollocks, just like last time. Don't you guys learn?

If the mackems sign Sessegnon, Muntari and still have Gyan and Mensah then next January half their team will be at the Africa Nations this time next year.

I hope Sunderland don't sign Sessegnon. He's a top player. Also, Benin are not exactly assured qualifiers for the ACN. :lol: It's a massive deal for them if they do. They've improved a fair bit, but still.

Edit: Looking at the groups, they actually do have a great chance as they are in a pretty awful group, and Rwanda have underperformed thus far.

I know he is at Leeds for the rest of the season but I quite like the look of Sanchez Watt.  Dont think he will make the grade at Arsenal and would depend how much he could be picked up for but looks like a potentially decent winger.

If the mackems sign Sessegnon, Muntari and still have Gyan and Mensah then next January half their team will be at the Africa Nations this time next year.

The possibility of Onuoha being called up by Nigeria too. (if they sign him permanently)