Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

Not sure if we need another centre back at the moment, it's not a priority anyway.

just be a like for like for Campbell I'd have thought, nowt drastic. Although no reason why Kadar can't come back in after his loan spell.

Problem is I don't think we will have vast sums of cash so spending £3m? On a position we already have 3 good players in. Not sure.

Didn't read the article like. Much more important things to spend £3m on I concur.

Assuming we're not going to be spending much money, it'd be pretty frustrating to see £3m go on another centre-back. I'm happy with Colo, Willi, Tayls, Sol, Kadar. Next season i'll be happy with all of those minus Sol. Kadar's a really good player imo, certainly has the potential to be anyhow. Was hoping he'd get a longer-term loan deal tbh.

a cb who is 27 :no:. we should buy a young and promising cb as 4th choice instead of campbell.

That's a good 5 years of him at his peak man :lol:

doesn´t sound to be different from what we got. just think investing in a younger and more promising cb would be more reasonable /resell vaule as well. Have to admit i never seen this swansea master defender....but tbh it doesn´t sound interesting at all

a cb who is 27 :no:. we should buy a young and promising cb as 4th choice instead of campbell.

doesn´t sound to be different from what we got. just think investing in a younger and more promising cb would be more reasonable /resell vaule as well. Have to admit i never seen this swansea master defender....but tbh it doesn´t sound interesting at all

Good defender who is capable of playing in the Premier League. Was voted in the team of the year last season alongside  :colo:

Guest Heneage

Assuming we're not going to be spending much money, it'd be pretty frustrating to see £3m go on another centre-back. I'm happy with Colo, Willi, Tayls, Sol, Kadar. Next season i'll be happy with all of those minus Sol. Kadar's a really good player imo, certainly has the potential to be anyhow. Was hoping he'd get a longer-term loan deal tbh.

That really contradicts what you said about 'buying for buying's sake'.

William's is a good player who would be good for the squad, the game at West Brom showed really Campbell isn't what we need. To secure a long term option would be good imo as right now bar maybe Legear of Anderlecht there aren't too many options available for our requirements.

I quite agree. See Hall, Fitz.

Hall was more than competent when we had to use him, to the extent that in the summer I would have been happy if we'd signed him on the cheap as a fourth choice centre back.

Good defender who is capable of playing in the Premier League. Was voted in the team of the year last season alongside  :colo:

not bad, but still...we don´t need to spend money on a cb this season...unless someone leaves! What choice would he be 2nd, 3th or 4th? just think it would be better to have colo as no 1, taylor and willi fighting for 2nd and a young with HUGE POTENTIAL as 4th.

Isn't Legear a right winger?

Yep that's my point. We need a right winger, he's a right winger. Simples.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Admin/BkFill/Default_image_group/2010/9/14/1284503578246/Soccer---npower-Football--006.jpg

£500,000

Eh? Buying Williams would be buying for buying's sake. Which is why i wouldn't want to...

Guest Heneage

Eh? Buying Williams would be buying for buying's sake. Which is why i wouldn't want to...

No it's not. It's buying to replace Campbell, and it's good as he gets 6 months to settle into the club before pre-season.