Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

given the teams who are realistically in for keane (don't believe villa are for one second) are west ham and wolves, possibly everton sniffing for a loan then i do think he would recognize he needs to take a wage cut because otherwise he'd just sit on his contract and not be bothered playing games which hes obviously not happy with.

the problem would be levy being a dick about the price

We cannit be expecting to unearth young gems/bargain signings everyday man - it's not how it works.

We need goals to stay in this league and Keane is the perfect mould for doing that alongside Carroll. Some people are just too snobbish to admit that we're desperate and need a 30 year old striker to help us out.

I know, that's why I supported the buy of Campbell.

That's just my personal decision. I don't rate Keane, you may have other views on him. There are definitely cheaper and more talented striker out there tho. We don't need to unearth anyone either. Players like Shechter, Gameiro are both talented and fairly proven.

I'm sorry but:

For me tho, i wouldn't settle for Keane.

is exactly what I was getting at. 'settle' for Keane? You think we're better than him like? Because I see a newly promoted side who need Premier League experience to keep them in the division. We'd not get much better experience right now.

Yep, "settle" for Keane. As i said, I don't rate him anymore. Was great a couple of years ago, but has stagnated tbh.

Btw: We got Ben Arfa. Do no under-estimate the lure this club have.

Ashley with a dilemma (the problem not the dog lover) does he spunk money to guarantee we stay up, does he rely on the shitness of others to keep us up or does he hope our best XI play enough times together to get us the points to stay up. Its at times like this he will turn to his right hand man for answers..............OH FUCK THAT IS DEL!!!!!

Dont think Kean is right for us ! Was just raeding the Daily star and it says S.Taylor might of played his last game for us anyone no anything about this?

Howay then, humour me. Who's available that we could attract?

Kevin Gameiro

Itay Shechter (we've actually scouted this one)

I reckon the scouting team have a couple in sight as well.

I can see that grand total of 0 goals helping us to stay up like.

Seriously man, we can't be gambling with foreign imports at a time like this. Survival is keep, take a risk like that in the summer.

Kevin Gameiro

Seriously man, we can't be gambling with foreign imports at a time like this. Survival is keep, take a risk like that in the summer.

Kevin Gameiro

What 0 goals? Both are fairly proven (Gameiro in Ligue 1 and Shechter in Champions League), so it wouldn't be the biggest of riskes. I'd say it's risky to take a guy who haven't scored in PL for a good while as well. But fair point that these types of signings should be made in summer.

Guest Roger Kint

Unless taxfree is a agent or scout what makes you think he knows who is available? Its a managers job to find this out not a fans. Just because he has a valid opinion on an over the hill, overpaid, overrated footballer you feel he must have all the answers?

Guest NewBoyPeetah

I think a Jan loan is the best option to be fair, maybe with an option to buy. I can see this appealing to MA as it doesn't involve putting his greasy fat hands in his tight pockets - as much. Keane on loan wouldn't be bad, sell it to him as if he scores some/does well people will be after him in the summer. Jonseems to be featuring at Citeh a bit more and if Tevez is kicking off they may not part with him. Vela would be good, I think the boys class, not sure if they'd be willing to loan him out though.

What's the position with Sants Cruz at the mo? I know he's not an ideal fit for us like.

I'd be disappointed if we bought Keane, but even more shocked if we did considering fee and wages.

Bothrooyd is a good target, though I doubt we will be the only ones in with his contract running out.

I'd be disappointed if we bought Keane, but even more shocked if we did considering fee and wages.

Bothrooyd is a good target, though I doubt we will be the only ones in with his contract running out.

Not really the type of striker we need tho.

Btw: For you Keano'ers. How much would you be willing to pay for him?

Unless taxfree is a agent or scout what makes you think he knows who is available? Its a managers job to find this out not a fans. Just because he has a valid opinion on an over the hill, overpaid, overrated footballer you feel he must have all the answers?

I'm suggesting Keane as a solution, he's saying no. I'm therefore asking him who the alternative would be. If this was the attitude to everything, we wouldn't even have a 'discussion' forum at all.

Not really the type of striker we need tho.

Btw: For you Keano'ers. How much would you be willing to pay for him?

Would be perfect backup for Carroll in case he gets injured, because if he does we are screwed. Two big men can work, as long as they understand each other. We do need a pacey striker as well, but JB contract running out would mean good business. Give them Best in a swap deal, woluld probably cover the fee tbh.

Two left footed targetmen, plus Ranger and another pacey striker would be an excellent forward line for some time.

JB would be a massive step up on Ameobi, Best, Lovenkrands and realistically will get more goals than Ranger ATM.

I'm suggesting Keane as a solution, he's saying no. I'm therefore asking him who the alternative would be. If this was the attitude to everything, we wouldn't even have a 'discussion' forum at all.

What are you on about man?

I said I was negative towards a buy of Keane, and wondered why it should be Keane or Ameobi, as it seemed.  I also quickly mentioned different players as options for him.

What are you on about man?

I said I was negative towards a buy of Keane, and wondered why it should be Keane or Ameobi, as it seemed. I also quickly mentioned different players as options for him.

I know mate, I wasn't on about you. I'm responding to what Kint said about it being the manager's job and not yours.