Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

Whey aye then, lets just spend more money than we've got on Keane, give him the long term deal on big money he will demand and go round the same cycle over again. Be great watching another 30+ player half-heartedly play out their twilight years while picking up easy money, we've had nowhere near enough of them scenarios before :rolleyes:

Ludicrous that people think it's sensible signing Keane permanently, or at all realistic.

Is anyone actually suggesting this?

Well people are suggesting we should sign him permanently, so by deduction, yes they are.

Whey aye then, lets just spend more money than we've got on Keane, give him the long term deal on big money he will demand and go round the same cycle over again. Be great watching another 30+ player half-heartedly play out their twilight years while picking up easy money, we've had nowhere near enough of them scenarios before :rolleyes:

Ludicrous that people think it's sensible signing Keane permanently, or at all realistic.

Well people are suggesting we should sign him permanently, so by deduction, yes they are.

As far as I can see, people are saying we should sign him because of his playing ability. Nobody even mentions wages/fees.

If they want too much money or he wants high wages/long contract, then no it probably won't happen. Doesn't mean I don't want him here.

As far as I can see, people are saying we should sign him because of his playing ability. Nobody even mentions wages/fees.

If they want too much money or he wants high wages/long contract, then no it probably won't happen. Doesn't mean I don't want him here.

What we gonna do, send them some stray change and pay him in Guinness?

Of course the fee/wage would be ludicrous man, this is Spurs.

A few years ago people were sick of signing late 28-30 year olds who were past it and on huge wages and wanted us to sign some younger, cheaper players. Now you want Robbie Keane who hasn't performed to a Premiership standard for over 2 years.

Posters should be criticised if they make statements like "lets sign Keane" without thinking about the consequences.

I think what most are trying to say is that if he's available at the right price he'd be an improvement on the options we currently have.

Ashley has shown over the last coule of seasons he isn't going to be throwing ludicrous amounts of money about, we've been signing relatively young players for a knockdown fees, I can't see him suddenly changing that policy for Pardew.

Posters should be criticised if they make statements like "lets sign Keane" without thinking about the consequences.

It be a pretty fucking boring forum if we had to do maths and work out the finances of a transfer every time we suggested a fucking signing like.

I'M NOT DISAGREEING WITH YOU. ffs man.

It's a bit stupid to suggest things in the Realistic Transfer Thread only to then completely ignore how realistic it is in terms of contract/wages/fee etc. Kind of defeats the point really.

http://cdn.worldcupblog.org/usa.worldcupblog.org/files/2010/04/Adu-2.jpg

Well, he's realistic I suppose.

Obinna is also realistic, well not in January, but when West Ham go down. He's basically being offered by Inter to anybody willing to take him and is not on big wages at all.

Don't rate him though. Desperately infuriating player to watch.

Guest kingdawson

How about Victor Obinna?

First word in thread title. :no:

Not realistic in the summer? Inter keep loaning him out so I'm sure they would sell and if West Ham go down they aren't going to buy him.

January 2011.

It's a bit stupid to suggest things in the Realistic Transfer Thread only to then completely ignore how realistic it is in terms of contract/wages/fee etc. Kind of defeats the point really.

Aye, but it's not that unrealistic. I didn't say "Hey, why don't we sign Arshavin?"

Yes the fees and wages touted are unrealistic, but in terms of the kind of player that he is and his situation at Spurs, I wouldn't say we were that much of an unrealistic move for him. We just don't know until we open negotiations - there's no harm in seeing what he's after and then telling him to fuck off.

How about Victor Obinna?

First word in thread title. :no:

Not realistic in the summer? Inter keep loaning him out so I'm sure they would sell and if West Ham go down they aren't going to buy him.

January 2011.

:doh:  :lol:

Back to the Robbie Keane argument...

Aye, but it's not that unrealistic. I didn't say "Hey, why don't we sign Arshavin?"

Yes the fees and wages touted are unrealistic, but in terms of the kind of player that he is and his situation at Spurs, I wouldn't say we were that much of an unrealistic move for him. We just don't know until we open negotiations - there's no harm in seeing what he's after and then telling him to f*** off.

Fair enough.

Obinna is also realistic, well not in January, but when West Ham go down. He's basically being offered by Inter to anybody willing to take him and is not on big wages at all.

Don't rate him though. Desperately infuriating player to watch.

:sadnod:

Think we could get him if we wanted, but whilst he can show a spark of skill and ability at time to time, he can be just as awful.