Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

Left back is the only position we should be looking to sign back-up for, we should be looking to strengthen everywhere else, though obviously left wing and up front are priorities.

True story.

Strengthen in the Defensive midfield position too?

Guest Stephen927

Think is though, what decent left-back is going to come knowing they're only going to play when Enrique's injured?

If we could find a left-winger who can also play left-back then we've hit the jackpot, otherwise we're looking at a lower league player.

van Aanholt?

Think is though, what decent left-back is going to come knowing they're only going to play when Enrique's injured?

If we could find a left-winger who can also play left-back then we've hit the jackpot, otherwise we're looking at a lower league player.

yeah that's a good shout

Guest Howaythetoon

Robbie Keane is the striker equivalent of Damien Duff when we signed him. Although on loan he'd be a decent option. Nothing permanent however.

I know this goes against everything I said earlier but if cheap enough would Wheater and O'Neill from Boro be worth a punt? Sure I read on there they were trying to get rid.

Used to like O'Neil but no idea how good he is now, we could do with one more CM imo.

Guest NewBoyPeetah

I'd be outraged if we bought O'Neil. Last time I saw him he was bigger than Steven Taylor! Whiter on the other hand would be a decent squad player. I haven't seen him since he was in the prem so maybe I'm a bit off but he was good when they got relegated.

Why not try for Joe Mattock?

He is cack though that is why WBA have not given him a game this season. That other defender who is naff at WBA who iirc you were keen on Gianni Zuiverloon is also available. Back to Mattock he is available, he is 20 & if we could get him for £500K then maybe it is worth the punt.

Guest Stephen927

Last I heard of O'Neil he was hankering after a move back down south the season Boro went down. Rated him when he was at Pompey as a tidy grafter, then Boro were intent on playing him right wing. No idea what hes like now.

Guest Stephen927

Mowbray has said he is open to offers in January. Personally I think we should think twice about hijacking the numerous bids from freakshows.

Infact, a little peak on Boro's forum and they're tearing into Wheater after tonight.

Understand it was Wheater mistake oh dear will have to look on Sky as they are already showing the goals 

Is it me or have we had two clean sheets without Wheater and the next came he's straight back and we lose?

Our defence is shocking when Wheater is around. Ive always said hes not even good enough for the championship and should have been sold when his reputation was at its highest. I dunno if todays goals were his fault or not' date=' but our defense is much less solid with him in it, and I cant believe 3 managers in a row havent seen this. [/quote']