Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

We need a second striker and I'd look at left wingers depending on the Ben Arfa situation or right wingers if we want to play one up front.. Wingers are absolutely crucial to our team and style at the moment.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Could we afford Matt Jarvis from Wolves? Think he'd be an ideal low-risk alternative to Gutierrez, and Wolves are f***ed.

Unlikely

how realistic is Downing from Villa?  Seen Villa play a few times this season and if we had him putting the crosses in from the left Carroll would get a boat load of goals.  He put more decent balls into Spurs box in the 1st half alone today than Jonas has in 2 seasons!  He also scores goals,  not sure but think he's top scorer for Villa.

how realistic is Downing from Villa?  Seen Villa play a few times this season and if we had him putting the crosses in from the left Carroll would get a boat load of goals.  He put more decent balls into Spurs box in the 1st half alone today than Jonas has in 2 seasons!   He also scores goals,  not sure but think he's top scorer for Villa.

Not in the slightest.

I have a feeling pretty much identical to what i had at this point exactly two years ago. January was approaching with Kinnear as manager; which was inevitably not going to be the case for very long. Pardew won't be here for a long time so i almost can't be arsed to see him given money to build his own team. We need first team reinforcements, and if they're cheap/loans i really won't mind.