Disappointing attendances

Guest BooBoo

Cheapest ticket for the mackems game is £42 which is outrageous, and the club is exploiting the fact that people will buy tickets for that game.

Is that not because the cheaper tickets have already gone?  I don't know either way so had assumed that it was.

Nope, the club have put this as an A+ game, so then can charge a special price on tickets.  So if i want to buy a ticket now, it will cost me £42 + £20 membership (I do get a £5 discount on the ticket still) but that is outrageous and just plain exploitation by the club tbh.

It is called supply and demand, the demand is there for this game so they can easily charge that amount.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I do, however, like that we're disappointed at attendances of 40k, when plenty of other teams can only dream of such turnouts.  :laugh:

I had a season ticket in Leazes Corner for last season but couldn't renew it this year for financial reasons (was buying a new house). I was planning on getting to games this season on a match by match basis and was just going to get tickets next to my mates in Leazes Corner. Then they decide that you can't buy a ticket up there unless you become a member so I haven't been back this season and doubt that I will.

Guest neesy111

The Stoke attendance was really disappointing after the week we had.

I wonder how big a factor the end of the 3 year tickets will be next season? How many were bought in the first place? Another 10k empty seats maybe? Worrying.

I think we'll see a 5k drop next season, and that is when Ashley should be worried.  The amount of fans that have given up on the club altogether recently is quite large imo.  My father a ST holder for 20 years completely jacked it in.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I wonder how big a factor the end of the 3 year tickets will be next season? How many were bought in the first place? Another 10k empty seats maybe? Worrying.

Wonder if the new Level 7 rule has had an affect too.

See my post on the bottom of the previous page.

I will take the bairn to arsenal at home in CCC. in l7 if we can pay on the Day. If we can not, i wont be going. Its just too much fuck on.

I will take the bairn to arsenal at home in CCC. in l7 if we can pay on the Day. If we can not, i wont be going. Its just too much fuck on.

How is it too much fuck on to order tickets online and have them posted to your house?

How is it too much fuck on to order tickets online and have them posted to your house?

because I want to pay cash, The bairn will probs decide on the day if he wants to go, as will my lass. its just so much easier to leave it open and all of us, or maybe just me bymyself head up on the night.

As soon as they reverse the ridiculous decision to only allow members or season ticket holders into Leazes Corner will be the day myself and approximately 2,000 others return. Until then i'll stick to watching on the foreign tv channels.

So you're saying you'll only go to a game if you can sit in a certain part o the ground? That's mental.

Guest neesy111

As soon as they reverse the ridiculous decision to only allow members or season ticket holders into Leazes Corner will be the day myself and approximately 2,000 others return. Until then i'll stick to watching on the foreign tv channels.

So you're saying you'll only go to a game if you can sit in a certain part o the ground? That's mental.

Probably because the atmosphere is good there, as it isn't anywhere else as proved on sunday.

I will never ever go into the East Stand, can't stand the fuckers in that stand.

Probably because the atmosphere is good there, as it isn't anywhere else as proved on sunday.

I will never ever go into the East Stand, can't stand the fuckers in that stand.

Spot on. Don't like the idea of either sitting in silence or singing on my own whilst people give you strange looks as is the case in other parts of the ground. Might as well save the admission fee and watch it in the pub with some of my mates who have taken the same stance as me.

Don't know what the atmosphere was like inside the stadium on Sunday but it came across awful on TV.

The East Stand is the only stand that is always sold out though.... 

My season ticket is in the East and I wouldn't swap it for a level 7 seat if that seat was free.  Saying you can't stand the fuckers in the East stand is a bit harsh, the atmosphere is decent where I sit, I am around some very decent people and have made some good friends at the match. 

My season ticket is in the East and I wouldn't swap it for a level 7 seat if that seat was free.   Saying you can't stand the fuckers in the East stand is a bit harsh, the atmosphere is decent where I sit, I am around some very decent people and have made some good friends at the match. 

Exactly mate and that's the point he's making. Great view in the East Stand and i'm sure there are some very decent people in there who have been supporting NUFC for Decades but it's personally not for me. I liked Leazes Corner. They don't sell tickets for there anymore on General sale so i've stopped going.

For the record I should add I had a season ticket from 1991 until 2008.

My season ticket is in the East and I wouldn't swap it for a level 7 seat if that seat was free.   Saying you can't stand the fuckers in the East stand is a bit harsh, the atmosphere is decent where I sit, I am around some very decent people and have made some good friends at the match. 

Most the people in he East stand have been there since pre-92. Middle aged grumpys. Think they are some sort of elite and also think its uncool to make noise at the match= Dull.

Give me L7 any day.

It hasn't been the same since the L7 corner changes. I only really look forward to away games now whereas last season I loved them all. It was dreadful where I was sitting on Sunday. All season ticket holders who knew each other. Everyone just sat there, no singing, they all knew each other and the only time a beep came out of them beyond 'in talk' was a ridiculous rant about for example how Carroll is never a footballer. It was seriously depressing considering the price.

What I don't understand is how the club are not doing everything in their power to fill every last seat for every match. Its ludicrous really when you think about it. They make almost zero effort; no offers, no free tickets to kids, nothing. I mean, take the corporates for example, they are always empty and the club must realise this so why do they not come up with an idea to fill them? They say they want to 'maximise all avenues of income' but why are they happy to have sometimes 10k+ empty seats and do nothing about it?

It baffles me tbh.