Disappointing attendances

Guest BooBoo

I don't agree with what they have done but there are plenty of other parts of the ground you can buy a ticket for on the day of the game without a membership.

Never heard so many excuses for not going to the match in my life.

money / work / not being that arsed any more.....

That's the real problem, the membership thing is just a convenient excuse.

If anyone actually wanted to go to a game they would, as simple as that.

I don't agree with what they have done but there are plenty of other parts of the ground you can buy a ticket for on the day of the game without a membership.

not always that cut and dry...

but it is one factor with me, i admit.

not always that cut and dry...

but it is one factor with me, i admit.

Should probably have said if anyone wants to go and can afford it they will go.

Fully understand people have priorities (mortgages, children) etc but not going because of needing a membership to sit in one area of the stadium is just a pathetic excuse.

Me too. It's not that I don't wanna go to the game, but getting there and back is a cunt, and it's quite an expensive hobby tbh. Not good value for money for someone tight and penny pinching like me.

Thought you lived in Forest Hall not Antarctica?

So you honestly think LC would have been empty this season if it hadn't been members only? Don't talk daft. People don't want to become members and hardly anyone has. Look at the stadium plan for sunderland. thousands of tickets will go on general sale despite it being 2 per membership because there are so few members.

So you honestly think LC would have been empty this season if it hadn't been members only? Don't talk daft. People don't want to become members and hardly anyone has. Look at the stadium plan for sunderland. thousands of tickets will go on general sale despite it being 2 per membership because there are so few members.

No I don't think it would have been empty and it clearly has had a negative impact on attendances and was a bad move by the club but people are being lazy and using it as a convenient excuse.

Not a lot was made of it but the attendance v Stoke (and Villa for that matter) were disappointing with lower crowds than v Championship sides like Sheff Wed and Plymouth. I know there's the "oh it's on telly so I'll not bother" element and also that away attendance has been pretty pathetic but it's still a let down. I was hoping that following promotion we'd get mid to high forties on a regular basis. I shudder to think what we'll get v Blackburn on a Wednesday night. It looks hopeless on tv when there's big banks of visible empty seats behind the goals.

I know our crowds are  generally very positive but it's strange that we would sell out for turgid times under Souness, Roeder et al but have around 10,000 empty seats this term.

I hate to say this because of ancient threads and arguments, but this is the difference you get when a club is being run by a Board trying to challenge at the top versus being run by a bunch with no interest in challenging for anything. Not long ago they didn't even do enough to ensure survival in the PL.

Gregs got it spot on- it's a list of rather sketchy excuses. If we were looking stronger on the pitch, those excuses wouldn't be as forthcoming.

Sings, like the carpenters.

When I was young

I'd listen to the radio

Waitin' for my favorite Team

When they played I'd sing along

It made me smile

Those were such happy times

And not so long ago

How I wondered where they'd gone

But they're back again

Just like a long lost friend

All the Games I loved so well

Every sha-la-la-la

Every wo-o-wo-o

Still shines

Every shing-a-ling-a-ling

That they're startin' to sing's

So fine

When they get to the part

Where he's missing that shot

It can really make me cry

Just like before

It's yesterday once more

Lookin' back on

How it was in years gone by

And the good times that I had

All my best memories

Come back clearly to me

Some can even make me cry

Just like before

It's yesterday once more

Makes today seem rather sad

So much has changed

Guest neesy111

If people want to sit in a certain area, they shouldn't have to fork out £20 on a membership just to sit in that area.

Total own goal from the club.

Semtex, you never heard of the Metro like?

Too much hassle to get into town from Forest Hall? Thank fuck you don't live in Whitley or South Shields. :lol:

They've got metro stations. I don't.

Plus, you're not accounting for how lazy I am.

If people want to sit in a certain area, they shouldn't have to fork out £20 on a membership just to sit in that area.

As Ive said before it really simple.

If i have a free sat ( very rare) or its a midweek game, and I finish work- I want to decide then maybe 2-3 hours before kickoff and head up and just pay cash on the door, simple as that. Am i fair weather- lacking loyalty? Well when i was single less resposibilty had season tickets ,or went most games through 80s,90s.

thats not how I want to do it now, it dosent fit with my lifestyle- the club is run by wankers, the players are greedy uncaring twats so I dont care, If they dont want my business Thats Ok.

If i have a free sat ( very rare) or its a midweek game, and I finish work- I want to decide then maybe 2-3 hours before kickoff and head up and just pay cash on the door, simple as that. Am i fair weather- lacking loyalty? Well when i was single less resposibilty had season tickets ,or went most games through 80s,90s.

thats not how I want to do it now, it dosent fit with my lifestyle- the club is run by wankers, the players are greedy uncaring twats so I dont care, If they dont want my business Thats Ok.

Nothing stopping you going to the box office and buying a ticket there and then for another part of the ground an hour or so before kick off.

Nothing stopping you going to the box office and buying a ticket there and then for another part of the ground an hour or so before kick off.

guess not- but as I said way back, and here we go again. I Like the atmosphere in L7 last season- dont really enjoy the experience in the rest of the ground too many zombies.