West Ham Utd vs Newcastle United Pre-match thread 23/10/10 5:30pm *Live on Sky*

joeyt

Ranger's no striker, not at this level. Our best bet is to whip as many crosses into the box as possible and hope Shola and Carroll can make good contact.

Shola is a lazy b****** when he starts, I'd rather see him making an impact like he did today, he rarely does than when starting.

Fair enough, but you don't give Nile Ranger and Andy Carroll the responsibility of getting goals at this level.

Barton is gash. I'd play Guthrie in his place and also will be amazed if Hughton doesn't play 4-5-1 with Nolan supporting Carroll.

Agreed about Guthrie and Barton, Guthrie will play well more often than Barton even if he has to come off later in the game.

Barton is gash. I'd play Guthrie in his place and also will be amazed if Hughton doesn't play 4-5-1 with Nolan supporting Carroll.

Agreed about Guthrie and Barton, Guthrie will play well more often than Barton even if he has to come off later in the game.

barton of late has been fine till the final 30yds.guthries isn't good enough going forward to make up for his defensive poorness and his going missing.

Shane Ferguson :lol:

Why not? looked like he had some good crosses against chelsea. If s.taylor or simpon was back I would have put one of them on the r.back and moved R. Taylor on the right wing...

Yeah, I'd like to see us giving him 20 minutes here and there and seeing how he does.

Fair enough, but you don't give Nile Ranger and Andy Carroll the responsibility of getting goals at this level.

Our problem at the minute is that no two look as if they've got goals in them.  If Shola could play a full 90 minutes like he played when he came on today then I’d play him, I just don’t think he can do it and if he's not then we're under pressure as he'll offer nothing.

barton of late has been fine till the final 30yds.guthries isn't good enough going forward to make up for his defensive poorness and his going missing.

I'd put my money on Guthrie in the middle to find a team mate more often than barton.

Ranger and Carroll up top is almost as bad.

Well give me a reason why its bad?  Ranger have the pace to go on carroll's headers. It is offcourse a gamble, but when things aint working then its time to change them...

Guest neesy111

Well firstly, Carroll's flick-ons are terrible. And secondly, Ranger doesn't have the awareness or the finishing ability to take adavntage.

Tell me, when has Carroll had someone to flick them onto this season?

Carroll is a far better player this season to last season overall, so it does actually make a difference.

Based on what? He's been very poor since the Wolves game. Even his cheerleaders in the media have noticed.