How it feels to be a toon fan right now...

AyeDubbleYoo

You can definitely support "this bunch of lads" because it means as much to them as it does to us.

We also have a real football person and man of great dignity in charge.

Slightly off topic but the Shola 2010 model looks a lot better and stronger than previous times.

Best away form i have seen in years, I hope i continues.  I'm worried about our home form tho and we should have bought or brought a loan striker in.

I'm really pleased with the team, they dont cave in anymore, when we go one down they just keep going which is great to see.  I think Barton hit the nail on the head with one of his recent interviews.

I'm happy with the fact I think we'll improve as the season goes on. It's only a matter of time before some sort of home form returns, and the way we've played away all season doesn't look like changing, whether it's a top club like Man City, or rubbish like West Ham.

Let's hope this thread doesn't take a turn for the worse on Sunday evening.

Fwiw I agree with you. Things are slowly beginning to return to what they were like pre-Ashley :bluf:

Fuck off are they. We'll have none of that shite back.

Let's hope this thread doesn't take a turn for the worse on Sunday evening.

Fwiw I agree with you. Things are slowly beginning to return to what they were like pre-Ashley :bluf:

f*** off are they. We'll have none of that s**** back.

Hmmm things were going tits up well before ashley turned up.

Yep. If anything I'd say we're nearly back to how we were when he came in.

Not sure I agree, it does feel as though we've earnt the right to play in the Premiership this season and any success we have on the pitch has been fought for by "this group of lads".

When Ashley came in (under the premise of a billionaire owner) the mood was optimistic, but in a "lets continue throwing money at players until we find 11 who can win something" - not that I would have complained if we'd done just that - but I'm certainly looking forward to having a team who seem to care about the club, rather than the money.

Different feel about the place over the past year, probably why the anti-Ashley mob irritate me, with their refusal to let sleeping dogs lie.

I thought he was talking about the atmosphere around the club, not the playing squad :undecided:

I would say it's quite similar now, in both respects, to what it was like during Roeder's reign.

Should probably have said pre-Allardyce rather than pre-Ashley.

Guest Howaythetoon

For a while we've all been less than proud to be Newcastle fans

Never once have I been less than proud to be a Newcastle United supporter, nor embarrassed. Being a Toon fan is the best thing in the world outside of family and friends. Love it!

Never once have I been less than proud to be a Newcastle United supporter, nor embarrassed. Being a Toon fan is the best thing in the world outside of family and friends. Love it!

Unfortunately, there have been plenty of times over the last few years when I've felt embarrassed. Ever since Sir Bob left, we seem to have stumbled through a whole series of crises and poor decisions on and off the field which have left few in credit.

This season feels like a re-birth. In his quiet, steady way, Hughton has actually moulded the club in his own image, or at least got everyone to buy into it. It feels like we're headed in the right direction, however long that might take.

Unfortunately, there have been plenty of times over the last few years when I've felt embarrassed. Ever since Sir Bob left, we seem to have stumbled through a whole series of crises and poor decisions on and off the field which have left few in credit.

This season feels like a re-birth. In his quiet, steady way, Hughton has actually moulded the club in his own image, or at least got everyone to buy into it. It feels like we're headed in the right direction, however long that might take.

This is really what I meant. Obviously we'll always be proud to be Newcastle fans in an abstract way... but the actions of the club had increasingly embarrassed us and made us a figure of fun.