Arsenal 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 07/11/10 - post match reaction from page 35

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

Wonder how Andy t*** will relate to Carroll's heading ability seeing as he had none whatsoever.

f***ing hell, I dunno how you can take the piss out of Andy Cole's time here even in the slightest like. :lol:

Newcastle take all the plaudits and quite rightly so - Dixon

Newcastle were defensively brilliant - Hansen

Shhh. They're all out to get you, remember?

i maintain my stance

I detest the big club bias as much as anyone but I'd struggle to take offence to a highlights show - designed to cater to the general public who want to see action. Anyone who actually cares about this game will have watched it or at least watched more than 5 minutes of highlights, and any sane person will conclude you played very well.

:lol:

Mmhmm?

Does it make anyone else slightly well up to hear Andy Cole (A previous great Newcastle goalscoring AC) talk about us and Carroll being "a great Newcastle number 9 for years to come"?

nah cos i heard it about Andy Cole before he Fucked Off.

Wonder how Andy t*** will relate to Carroll's heading ability seeing as he had none whatsoever.

Fucking hell, I dunno how you can take the piss out of Andy Cole's time here like. :lol:

Some people. :rolleyes:

Does it make anyone else slightly well up to hear Andy Cole (A previous great Newcastle goalscoring AC) talk about us and Carroll being "a great Newcastle number 9 for years to come"?

nah cos i heard it about Andy Cole before he Fucked Off.

:lol: Was going to say yeahh, whoever it's from it's still heartening. But fair point.

Guest firetotheworks

I really hope all this stuff about Carroll doesn't go to his head like. We can't have him thinking he's the finished article, ever.

Newcastle take all the plaudits and quite rightly so - Dixon

Newcastle were defensively brilliant - Hansen

Shhh. They're all out to get you, remember?

i maintain my stance

I detest the big club bias as much as anyone but I'd struggle to take offence to a highlights show - designed to cater to the general public who want to see action. Anyone who actually cares about this game will have watched it or at least watched more than 5 minutes of highlights, and any sane person will conclude you played very well.

Mmhmm?

Ah Niel, mate, I'm laughing at that because I can imagine the reception that that very reasonable line of argument you were putting forward there will have got with certain folk around here with full-on siege mentality syndrome.

f***ing hell, I dunno how you can take the piss out of Andy Cole's time here even in the slightest like. :lol:

:lol: I know. Played alright, scored 41 goals that one season - I quite enjoyed that. I didn't think he was very good at headers.

:lol: I know.  Played alright, scored 41 goals that one season - I quite enjoyed that.  I didn't think he was very good at headers.

Highlights were a bit shit (mainly because they missed off our big chance right at the start) but they gave us some good praise after. A little disappointed Tiote and Colo weren't singled out though.

He couldn't head the ball. FACT. The rest of his striking game more than made up for it.

And he became a twat after his cup final sing-song so nothing i said was incorrect.

Guest firetotheworks

It's a bit crackers that they didn't pick out Tiote, but it'll definitely happen. The entire back four, and the goalkeeper were singled out though, and that pleases me. Simpson and Enrique did have good games mind, especially Simpson. Fucking hell, I never ever imagined I'd be typing that last bit.

Highlights were a bit shit (mainly because they missed off our big chance right at the start) but they gave us some good praise after. A little disappointed Tiote and Colo weren't singled out though.

The upside to that is they don't get hyped up too much and they remain NUFC players after the next transfer window shuts.

Guest firetotheworks

He couldn't head the ball. FACT. The rest of his striking game more than made up for it.

And he became a t*** after his cup final sing-song so nothing i said was incorrect.

:lol:............errr, ok.

I can't have this still be angry at Cole, like. He was an absolute hero to me and I bubbled as a bairn when he left.

Aye he went to Utd and sang at us but that's long gone. When its all said and done he helped establish us as top team in English football and inspired fans to believe we could be big time again. It was absolutely amazing watching that guy.