Copa América

Disco

One of those games that can't be shit whatever happens for me. Love high ranking continental/international clashes. 13 wins each in Copa history against each other too, 14 Copa's apiece, 2 World Cups apiece. Been playing each other for over 100 years, class. Hopefully be a class atmosphere at the Elephants Graveyard too.

Reckon Argentina will shade it myself, be interesting to see if one of Uruguay's sitters in the middle goes man to man v Messi.

Can't see Colombia not beating Peru in the other game.

One of those games that can't be shit whatever happens for me. Love high ranking continental/international clashes. 13 wins each in history against each other too, 14 Copa's apiece, 2 World Cups apiece. Been playing each other for over 100 years, class. Hopefully be a class atmosphere at the Elephants Graveyard too.

Reckon Argentina will shade it myself, be interesting to see if one of Uruguay's sitters in the middle goes man to man v Messi.

Can't see Colombia not beating Peru in the other game.

Think that's pretty likely. Tabarez was saying there's no way to stop Messi, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they still stuck somebody on him.

I really don't care who wins tonight. I'd love to see Messi shine and Argentina to go through, but Uruguay are my favourite South American side usually.

Just hope it's a cracker.

Aye, pretty much where I stand n all.

Although it's hard not to like Chile with the way they play and since I've seen them and mimed along to the anthem I long for the day Bolivia aren't totally toss again.

I know I've mentioned this before but Uruguay could be some force if they could bring a midfielder or two through soon. Their forward line is ridiculous, promising aswell as experienced centre backs, a decent keeper and not too shabby fullbacks. It's only in the centre of midfield where they lack.

I know I've mentioned this before but Uruguay could be some force if they could bring a midfielder or two through soon. Their forward line is ridiculous, promising aswell as experienced centre backs, a decent keeper and not too shabby fullbacks. It's only in the centre of midfield where they lack.

Got more coming through too, they reached the final of the u17 WC in Mexico this month as well as qualifying for next years Olympics in SA u20s this year. They've gone balls deep into their youth development and it certainly seems to paying dividends for them. Ridiculous really when you consider how small the country is.

Aye, I was wondering if there was anybody decent in their U17 team. Although that level is not really a good indicator of how good players are going to be.

Must be the best nation in world football in terms of quality to population ratio.

Colombia vs Peru on now.

12 L. Martínez

3 M. Yepes

14 L. Perea

18 C. Zúñiga

7 P. Armero

8 A. Aguilar

6 C. Sánchez

13 F. Guarín

17 D. Moreno

9 R. Falcao

20 A. Ramos

1 R. Fernández

2 A. Rodríguez

4 W. Vílchez

5 A. Balbín

21 C. Ramos

6 J. Vargas

10 R. Cruzado

13 R. Revoredo

16 L. Advíncula

9 P. Guerrero

18 W. Chiroque

Only saw the highlights of the final but to get there they must have some decent players although I agree often under17s it can be hard to tell as players aren't fully physically developed yet. Although the Mexican forward, Fierro, looked good in that.

Under 20 World Cup will probably be a better place to tell but its hard to tell how good some players are when you look at how seriously some countries take it. England's squad barely contains anyone who has made a league appearance of note whereas Argentina have a very strong line up (Lamela and Irtube to name but two). Hopefully we'll have scouts present regardless.

I always had a soft spot for Uruguay since "El Príncipe" Francescoli was one of my favorite footballers when growing up. But I always want Messi to do well. So I'm a bit torn really.

Far too young to remember Francescoli but I on a lesser note I always loved Recoba.

I always had a soft spot for Uruguay since "El Príncipe" Francescoli was one of my favorite footballers when growing up. But I always want Messi to do well. So I'm a bit torn really.

Far too young to remember Francescoli but I on a lesser note I always loved Recoba.

Even though we were already beaten I totally lost my rag when he popped one in the top corner against us in the CL.

Just on a seperate note, are the BBC doing their utmost to totally ignore the existence of this competition? Fixtures aren't listed and news about it on their site has been almost non-existant.