Copa América

Disco

greece had a shaky defence and  did actually throw players forward when breaking. venezuela are a south american greece (without the riots etc)

No way were that Greece side shaky. No goals conceded in the knockouts, they were a wall defensively. A dull, drab, shitstain of a wall.

they were all over the place but didnt concede. more luck than design.

Disagree completely with Sewelly regarding Venezuela, but he's spot-on regarding Greece. They only sent men up when there was setpieces.

Shitstain* of a team ;)

they piled them forward for set pieces but chucked them forward on the very rare occasions they broke.

greece had a shaky defence and  did actually throw players forward when breaking. venezuela are a south american greece (without the riots etc)

No way were that Greece side shaky. No goals conceded in the knockouts, they were a wall defensively. A dull, drab, shitstain of a wall.

they were all over the place but didnt concede. more luck than design.

Don't remember it like that at all tbh. I remember in the final just thinking there was no way Portugal were gonna score. They completely shut them out.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/03/29/greece-euro-2004-tactics/

Don't agree with all of that but some interesting things in it.

Disagree completely with Sewelly regarding Venezuela, but he's spot-on regarding Greece. They only sent men up when there was setpieces.

Shitstain* of a team ;)

Considering the players they've got they've been better than I expected is all. They outplayed Ecuador offensively and defensively who I thought were massively disappointing. Worth noting that in this game they're without their first choice midfield.

According to an Arg journo i follow on Twitter, if It stays the same & Brazil win it'll e a coin toss between Peru and Venez to see who goes through :lol:

That would be ace, has there ever been an international tournament round decided by a coin toss? (maybe one for the trivia thread)

According to an Arg journo i follow on Twitter, if It stays the same & Brazil win it'll e a coin toss between Peru and Venez to see who goes through :lol:

Paraguay will be on five points, Venezuela four?

Get in!

Hope neither of you too went through with putting money on Paraguay.

slightly up/ backed paraguay when a goal down, laid off when they went ahead. small win as opposed to decent win.