Vuckic

TRon

Guest firetotheworks

Far too early for him man, but he looks a star in the making.

I hate that we are always thinking that way.. It was also to early for Shola Ameobi until a couple of years ago. 

We should give him the odd game here and there when he is fit..   If you are good enough the age doesnt matter.

He's not good enough yet, that's the point. That Shola point makes absolutely no sense either, no one used to say he wasn't ready a couple of years ago, they said he was s****.

If Ranger is getting game time I can't see how Vuckic shouldn't get the odd ten minutes here and there.  Vuckic was better than a Ryan Taylor, Routledge and Smith at least against Arsenal and those players are on the bench and around the first team.

We should've given Vuckic more game time last season when we were cruising, we were beating teams by 3, 4 and 5 and didn't give any youngsters a chance.  Now when we are thin on the ground none of the youngsters have any experience and so Hughton seems nervous to stick them in the team.

Villa at the moment must be playing with about 6 players under 20, I don't see why Vuckic couldn't have been given 5-10 mins against Villa (6-0 up) or Sunderland (5-0 up).

Vuckic was injured all last season man. There's no room/point in playing players for 10 minutes here and there in matches who need to be learning. Vuckic ideally would be out on loan, but our thin squad dictates that he needs to stay.

He wasn't injured 'all' season, and how is there no point in playing players for 10 minutes here and there who 'need to be learning'? He will be learning when he's playing, that's the point.

The best way to improve is through playing games, Carroll is one of the best examples of this.

OK, so Vuckic was injured for the majority of the season, and then when he came back he was playing 10 minutes here and there. 10 minutes do nothing but give you a feel for it. He needs to go out on loan and play full games, we have no time for sentiment/player development this season in the first time. It's all or nothing.

I hate that we are always thinking that way.. It was also to early for Shola Ameobi until a couple of years ago. 

We should give him the odd game here and there when he is fit..   If you are good enough the age doesnt matter.

He's not good enough yet, that's the point. That Shola point makes absolutely no sense either, no one used to say he wasn't ready a couple of years ago, they said he was s****.

If Ranger is getting game time I can't see how Vuckic shouldn't get the odd ten minutes here and there.  Vuckic was better than a Ryan Taylor, Routledge and Smith at least against Arsenal and those players are on the bench and around the first team.

We should've given Vuckic more game time last season when we were cruising, we were beating teams by 3, 4 and 5 and didn't give any youngsters a chance.  Now when we are thin on the ground none of the youngsters have any experience and so Hughton seems nervous to stick them in the team.

Villa at the moment must be playing with about 6 players under 20, I don't see why Vuckic couldn't have been given 5-10 mins against Villa (6-0 up) or Sunderland (5-0 up).

Vuckic was injured all last season man. There's no room/point in playing players for 10 minutes here and there in matches who need to be learning. Vuckic ideally would be out on loan, but our thin squad dictates that he needs to stay.

So what you are saying is that you dont see Vuckic gaining anything from getting mins here and there in this league? Getting mins here and there imo will only give him confidence and experience.

Guest firetotheworks

So what you are saying is that you dont see Vuckic gaining anything from getting mins here and there in this league? Getting mins here and there imo will only give him confidence and experience.

That's exactly what I'm saying, I think he should be getting full games under his belt. Coming on in matches that are effectively over does nothing but get you used to the atmosphere imo. Either bring him on to make a difference in matches, or get him out on loan.

That's exactly what I'm saying, I think he should be getting full games under his belt. Coming on in matches that are effectively over does nothing but get you used to the atmosphere imo. Either bring him on to make a difference in matches, or get him out on loan.

100% spot on.

He wasn't injured 'all' season, and how is there no point in playing players for 10 minutes here and there who 'need to be learning'? He will be learning when he's playing, that's the point.

The best way to improve is through playing games, Carroll is one of the best examples of this.

OK, so Vuckic was injured for the majority of the season, and then when he came back he was playing 10 minutes here and there. 10 minutes do nothing but give you a feel for it. He needs to go out on loan and play full games, we have no time for sentiment/player development this season in the first time. It's all or nothing.

And if he's not going out on loan to get full games...we may as well give him some gametime in the league.  I don't see how we can't aid his development by bringing him on for 10-15 minutes in games where there is no pressure on him.

You seem to think we can only send him out on loan or throw him in the deep end straight away.  You seem to be an expert on what playing 10 mins every so often will do to a player so I guess I'll just leave it there.

i think Vuckic has looked better in every game he played during the carling cup run and played well against Arsenal when he was played more in his natural position rather than as a central 2 as he did against Accrington and Chelsea.  If we drop Nolan back into midfield alongside Tiote and Shola is still not 100%(he didn't look fit against Bolton) then i wouldn't have a problem playing Vuckic behind Carroll.

i defer to binnsy. imagine he's seen more of vuckic than anyone on here and if he has no qualms about seeing him in the side than neither do i.

Guest firetotheworks

And if he's not going out on loan to get full games...we may as well give him some gametime in the league.  I don't see how we can't aid his development by bringing him on for 10-15 minutes in games where there is no pressure on him.

You seem to think we can only send him out on loan or throw him in the deep end straight away.  You seem to be an expert on what playing 10 mins every so often will do to a player so I guess I'll just leave it there.

I'm an expert on nothing more than my own opinion. We're all armchair pundits, I'm no different. I don't think playing players who are developing will learn much from playing at the end of matches that are over as a contest. Like I said earlier, either bring him on to make a difference or give him longer periods of game time. I don't think he's ready for either this season because he hasn't developed to that level yet, and we can't afford him the time to develop in such a pivotal and important season.

Been saying this for weeks, glad I'm not the only one.

Our central midfield has almost no creativity at all. An unknown entity could be exactly what we need.

Yup. Get him on against Fulham and a penalty is guaranteed. And don't forget the last minute free kick goal against Liverpool!

Guest Chris P

It is time for Vuvkic, he's mustard imo but the other lad that should see at least a bench place is Phil Airey

Based on?

I think Airey especially has looked very good in the reserves, he's fast and good with the ball at his feet(reminds me of Beardsley).

Vuckic looks like he could play along side anyone but, the better option would to play him in a 433 type formation because he has a good footballing brain and can see that little slide rule pass that splits a defence.

He cant be worse than Smith can he? After seeing Smith give away the ball and not trying to win it back again, he should not be allowed to wear the Newcastle United shirt again.. Much rather see Vuckic or some of the other youngsters given a try instead, but that is my opinion.

Its precisely not the right time to throw a promising youngster into the deep end of a Premier League season.

In an ideal world, him and Ranger would have been sent on loan for a year in the Championship. The paucity of the squad means they're kicking their heels and festering. At this stage of their careers, both should be playing regular football, albeit not at the top level.

He cant be worse than Smith can he? After seeing Smith give away the ball and not trying to win it back again, he should not be allowed to wear the Newcastle United shirt again.. Much rather see Vuckic or some of the other youngsters given a try instead, but that is my opinion.

It's not about if he's any worse than Smith - as Smith plays in a completely different position to him.

It is time for Vuvkic, he's mustard imo but the other lad that should see at least a bench place is Phil Airey

Based on?

I think Airey especially has looked very good in the reserves, he's fast and good with the ball at his feet(reminds me of Beardsley).

Vuckic looks like he could play along side anyone but, the better option would to play him in a 433 type formation because he has a good footballing brain and can see that little slide rule pass that splits a defence.

You see, people? Asked and answered.

It's not about if he's any worse than Smith - as Smith plays in a completely different position to him.

The thought of watching Smith and Nolan operating in the same midfield again has horrified everyone so much they are clutching at straws. Seeing the Nicky Butt thread being bumped today didn't help either.

Smith doesn't play a position. He hides and fulfills no purpose.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I wouldn't mind him getting some time on the pitch from the bench, perhaps the last 15 minutes? see how he handles that and if it works give him more time.

It's not really the time or place to be giving youngsters game time in the middle of a tough season in the Premier League.

I wouldn't mind him getting some time on the pitch from the bench, perhaps the last 15 minutes? see how he handles that and if it works give him more time.

It's not really the time or place to be giving youngsters game time in the middle of a tough season in the Premier League.

If we follow that philosophy he may never play for us.

Or should we wait till we are in the Championship again?