Vuckic

TRon

He's not going to improve sitting on the bench and MUST have more to offer the team than Smith. What's the point in scouting, signing and training him if we've not got the bottle to risk him as opposed to playing Smith who has proven himself to be a complete liability? Why did we even bother? What's the fucking point if we're going to pick Smith regardless?

Get to fuck man.   

i haven't seen anything to suggest Vuckic is ready now or ever in the first team games i've seen him play.

:facepalm:

I don't know what's worse, the kneejerk nature of this thread or the writing off of an 18 year old after a handful of first team runouts.

Throwing him in there to start games is a bit much at this point, but I don't see the harm in having him on the bench and giving him twenty minutes at the end of some games, see where he is in terms of being ready for the Premiership.

With the way some people go on you'd think that these lads get completely destroyed emotionally if they play a game and don't do well. :lol:

A few substitute appearances aren't going to do any harm.

Throwing him in there to start games is a bit much at this point, but I don't see the harm in having him on the bench and giving him twenty minutes at the end of some games, see where he is in terms of being ready for the Premiership.

With the way some people go on you'd think that these lads get completely destroyed emotionally if they play a game and don't do well. :lol:

A few substitute appearances aren't going to do any harm.

I agree, it doesn't hurt to give the best kids a chance from the bench, if they're considered good enough and could give more options to the manager. Other teams do it, Man Utd for example ease their kids in this way. Seems like the club don't feel he's ready but are reluctant to let him leave on loan in case we get caught short with injuries. As a result he is not really getting a chance at all. Perhaps when Gosling returns to match fitness he will be loaned out for the second half of the season.

He's not going to improve sitting on the bench and MUST have more to offer the team than Smith. What's the point in scouting, signing and training him if we've not got the bottle to risk him as opposed to playing Smith who has proven himself to be a complete liability? Why did we even bother? What's the fucking point if we're going to pick Smith regardless?

Get to fuck man.   

this, unless the coaching staff have decided now he's not got what it takes long-term (unlikely) then he should go in when the first choice MF is out regardless...he'll end up a stronger player for it even if he's on the end of hidings, which we'd get with smith in the team anyways

He's not going to improve sitting on the bench and MUST have more to offer the team than Smith. What's the point in scouting, signing and training him if we've not got the bottle to risk him as opposed to playing Smith who has proven himself to be a complete liability? Why did we even bother? What's the f***ing point if we're going to pick Smith regardless?

Get to f*** man.   

Damn right. But Hughton offters put players in the starting Xl as a consolation prize, we all know it.

No but the ideal time to give youngsters ten minutes is the likes of the Sunderland or Villa games when the points are assured.

Season long loans to a Championship team would seem more logical.   Kids need playing time to improve, not watching others

If a youngster can't establish himself as a regular starter in the Championship, he's probably not good enough to get 10 minutes in the Premier League.

It's not a no brained though when our squad is small and riddled with injuries/ suspensions.

I was thinking about this before. Although the likes of Ranger and Vuckic dont really play much of a role for us, they are bench fillers in a thin squad and provide protection incase of a serious injury crisis. I'd love to see both or even one of them out on loan but the make up of our squad might be a bit too fragile.

It's not a no brained though when our squad is small and riddled with injuries/ suspensions.

I was thinking about this before. Although the likes of Ranger and Vuckic dont really play much of a role for us, they are bench fillers in a thin squad and provide protection incase of a serious injury crisis. I'd love to see both or even one of them out on loan but the make up of our squad might be a bit too fragile.

Get some experienced players in on loan or free transfers?  Better to get a short term solution to the squad numbers and let the promising youngsters get out on loan and get game time.  Arsenal are historically the best example of getting the youngsters out on loan and letting them come back much improved players.

Get some experienced players in on loan or free transfers?   Better to get a short term solution to the squad numbers and let the promising youngsters get out on loan and get game time.  Arsenal are historically the best example of getting the youngsters out on loan and letting them come back much improved players.

If we can do that then im all for it, but the 'if' is there for a reason. Its all well and good to use Arsenal as an example, but we just dont have the depth that a team like that does.

i haven't seen anything to suggest Vuckic is ready now or ever in the first team games i've seen him play.

I don't know what's worse, the kneejerk nature of this thread or the writing off of an 18 year old after a handful of first team runouts.

If you and the rest of the "knee jerk thread" brigade actually read the OP you might have noticed that all I suggested was that Vukic be brought into the squad on match days. If he's so precious he can't even be sat on the bench when we've got half our midfield out with injuries and semi-cripples like Smith wandering round dazed on the pitch then what does that say about him?

If you and the rest of the "knee jerk thread" brigade actually read the OP you might have noticed that all I suggested was that Vukic be brought into the squad on match days. If he's so precious he can't even be sat on the bench when we've got half our midfield out with injuries and semi-cripples like Smith wandering round dazed on the pitch then what does that say about him?

For what it's worth mate, I agree with you to an extent. I'd much rather have Vuckic playing than Smih for example who is going to offer nothing now nor in the future. He should definitely be on the bench ahead of some of the dross backup journeyman we have.

I just think it's quite typical that threads of this nature turn up after a defeat, where we're building up anybody or anything as the solution to our problems. May have just been bad timing or misunderstanding on my behalf though.

For what it's worth mate, I agree with you to an extent. I'd much rather have Vuckic playing than Smih for example who is going to offer nothing now nor in the future. He should definitely be on the bench ahead of some of the dross backup journeyman we have.

I just think it's quite typical that threads of this nature turn up after a defeat, where we're building up anybody or anything as the solution to our problems. May have just been bad timing or misunderstanding on my behalf though.

Fair do's. I don't think this is a case of knee jerk though as the problem of playing two slow central midfielders next to each other has been an ongoing thorn in the side for many here. Most of us are just desperate to get anyone who isn't half dead into that area so we can compete. Hopefully with Tiote being back it'll be a non-issue in a weeks time. FWIW, I still believe that Vukic is worth a place on the bench. He's a strong runner with an eye for goal. Could easily nick a point for us as a sub if used wisely.

Not that I expect him to be the finished article or anything, but Vuckic has disappointed me a bit this pre-season.. After all the hype, I kinda imagined him to be a bit more creative and technically proficient. Still too early for him I guess

I wouldn't mind him getting some time on the pitch from the bench, perhaps the last 15 minutes? see how he handles that and if it works give him more time.

It's not really the time or place to be giving youngsters game time in the middle of a tough season in the Premier League.

Hughton would only make the sub with only 2 minutes left anyway. That's what he enjoiys doing at the minute

• 1 month later...