All-time...

Guest TheOrder

Rob Jones?  :lol:

Injury cruelly cut short a glittering career and is the only reason Neville has double figures in England caps

He wasn't that good before he got injured, not a patch on Gary Neville imo. Not a patch on Lee Dixon either.

Wasn't Dixon left back and Choccy Winterburn right back?

:lol: You've just revealed the extent of your knowledge there.

Actually, when Dixon joined Arsenal he did play leftback with Winterburn right back. Just looked it up and they only swapped after a season. ha!

Still, I wasn't sure i had it right, happy to be proved wrong

I doubt it, given Winterburn is left-footed and Dixon is right-footed. I may be wrong though. I think Winterburn played right-back when he arrived as Kenny Sansom was still left-back though.

Can't believe anyone wouldn't pick Neville, never mind laugh at someone who did ffs.

Maybe Dixon pushes him close, but anyone who laughs at people selecting Gary neville obviously know nothing about football.

Can't believe anyone wouldn't pick Neville, never mind laugh at someone who did ffs.

Maybe Dixon pushes him close, but anyone who laughs at people selecting Gary neville obviously know nothing about football.

True, he is exactly the sort of solid, dependable pro we need in our defence. A very underestimated player.

A lot of the teams chosen wouldn't work in practice.  If you want the best team that would work (for a given system), you need to think something like this:

Assuming the system is a flat 4-4-2,

Who has been the 'best' GK?  Schmeichel.

... RB?  Neville.

... LB?  Irwin.

... CB?  Adams.

... CB?  Bruce.

... RW?  Beckham.

... LW?  Giggs.

... MC?  Keane.

... MC?  Vieira.

... St?  Shearer.

... St?  Cantona.

If I was choosing a 4-4-2 system, I would have to leave out Henry.  If I was choosing the 11 best players of the Premiership though, I definitely wouldn't.  Hell, I wouldn't even leave him out of the a top 4 list.

All time

Schmeichel

Winterburn  Adams Pallister Cole

Keane

Beckham                Giggs

Cantona

Shearer  Henry

NO  GERRARD  ,, CAN T BELIVE THAT  ..  cantona  never  not worthy  lazy arrogant ba    d  hate  him .. steven gerrard would run rings  round the  pr    k of a frenchman    :lol:

NO  GERRARD  ,, CAN T BELIVE THAT  ..   cantona  never   not worthy   lazy arrogant ba     d   hate  him .. steven gerrard would run rings  round the  pr    k of a frenchman     :lol:

If it weren't for that "lazy arrogant ba  d", we would have won the Premiership.

Guest kinaldo

Toon

Pav

Barton

Albert

Peacock

Bez

Batty

Lee

Gillespie

Robert

Les

Shearer

Again the front two for the partnership, can't argue with the goals, Pedro and Cole came close

Robert in ahead of Ginola as Daveed was really a one season wonder, Laurent probably had a longer efective spell

Peacock ahead of Woodgate... wtf?

Never mind just the Premiership, Neville has been one of the top 3 right-backs in the world consistently for the last decade. (I'd put only Cafu ahead of him). Love him or loathe him, he's class.

I'd have Zannetti ahead of Neville, and perhaps Bergomi of Inter as well

The same Bergomi who retired in 99 and played the latter years of his career as a centre half? I don't see how this would qualify as the best full back for the last decade.

Never mind just the Premiership, Neville has been one of the top 3 right-backs in the world consistently for the last decade. (I'd put only Cafu ahead of him). Love him or loathe him, he's class.

How about Lilian Thuram. He was pretty useful at international level even if he didn't always play at full back for Juve.

Guest Billy Whitehurst

Prem:

Schmeichel

G Neville

McGrath

Adams

Pearce

Gerrard

Keane

McAllister

Giggs

Shearer

Henry

Toon:

Given

Venison

Woodgate

Albert

Beresford

Batty

Lee

Ginola

Beardsley

Cole

Shearer

How about Lilian Thuram. He was pretty useful at international level even if he didn't always play at full back for Juve.

Yeah, that's a good shout. But not many come near Cafu, Thuram & Neville for consistency.