Financial Incentives Prem Vs Relegation

Minhosa

Can anyone tell me what the financial implications of relegation would be to us this season?

Taking into account the parachute payment, the relegation release clauses for our higher earners and the fact we'd sell most prem quality players.

He's gambled before after relegation and it worked last time.

Could he be doing the same again? Is he trying to clear out all costs, bring us back up in the black and then sell us?

No expert on this subject, but that is just an unnecessarily difficult and convoluted plan when you consider that we are already in the top league while cutting costs.

I wouldn't put anything past him Baba where £ is concerned.

There are none, there were none last time either, please can we stop looking at this as some cunning plan by Ashley.  He's an idiot, that's all, he thinks that we're not picking up enough points and has no idea why and he also never really wanted Hughton to begin with.  He's making a massive mistake, that's it.

Pretty sure you don't get a parachute payment if you bounce straight back up.

You get it for the one season that you're down only, the rest of it is given to clubs still in the Championship.

I'd rather have stayed in the Championship with CH than this. Least I might have had some fucking pride in my club.

That's madness. Especially as if we never got promoted the likes of Enrique would have left, and there's no way we'd be proud of that.

I'd rather have stayed in the Championship with CH than this. Least I might have had some f***ing pride in my club.

That's mad before knowing who will come in.

Some things are bigger than football, Mick. I don't enjoy it anymore when things like this happen. Same reason I'd rather have Jose Enrique than Ashley Cole, yeah I want to win games (and this hasn't been done for football reasons anyway) but I also want to be proud to support NUFC and appreciate the people at the club who work hard to give me that sense of pride, tonight I feel absolutely ashamed.

I'd rather have stayed in the Championship with CH than this. Least I might have had some fucking pride in my club.

That's madness. Especially as if we never got promoted the likes of Enrique would have left, and there's no way we'd be proud of that.

He's gone now anyway mate. Won't be here next season. Top players won't hang around in a relegation battle or worse when there's no possible better future.

Some things are bigger than football, Mick. I don't enjoy it anymore when things like this happen. Same reason I'd rather have Jose Enrique than Ashley Cole, yeah I want to win games (and this hasn't been done for football reasons anyway) but I also want to be proud to support NUFC and appreciate the people at the club who work hard to give me that sense of pride, tonight I feel absolutely ashamed.

I've felt like you do now quite a few times and have gotten over it, sacking Bobby was much worse than this.  What you'll learn is that the only thing good about this club is the people who support it, that's been the case for years.