Alan Pardew

JH

Continue on this path and your metamorphosis into ME5 will be complete.

Is Perdew's record in league and cup better or worse than that of the previous manager during this season?

Guest BooBoo

It's irrelevant.

All that matters is what I think of a manager who won two manager of the year awards and an ownership who qualified for Europe more times in fifteen years other than five other clubs.

It's irrelevant.

All that matters is what I think of a manager who won two manager of the year awards and an ownership who qualified for Europe more times in fifteen years other than five other clubs.

It's not irrelevant, he's the current manager and you seem unable to cope with any criticism of him.

One of the most annoying things is that even if you say Pardew and Hughton are equal in terms of getting results, Pardew is undoubtedly more experienced in the transfer market (note: not necessarily better) and therefore flogging Carroll to give him a nice big transfer fund seems to make some sense. Then you realise that Carroll was probably sold above his head anyway, so the point is moot.

One of the most annoying things is that even if you say Pardew and Hughton are equal in terms of getting results, Pardew is undoubtedly more experienced in the transfer market (note: not necessarily better) and therefore flogging Carroll to give him a nice big transfer fund seems to make some sense. Then you realise that Carroll was probably sold above his head anyway, so the point is moot.

Experience in the transfer market is probably moot due to us having a team of people who scout the players these days.  At one time the manager would do most of that on his own.  It seems that the manager just picks from a list of names which has been put together by others.

He's still got another two games to make two points (or five if you discount Liverpool) and match Hughton's record ;)

In league and cup games his record is worse, that can change with every game but as Dave said, he's supposed to do better. 

He's still got another two games to make two points (or five if you discount Liverpool) and match Hughton's record ;)

In league and cup games his record is worse, that can change with every game but as Dave said, he's supposed to do better. 

Of course he is, I'm not disputing that. I said a week or so ago in this thread that we shouldn't have replaced Hughton with Pardew.

Guest icemanblue

I'm getting a bit bored of this selling Carroll chat now like.  We got £35 Million for the white Heskey.  We can get the team we need for a  genuine European push next season with that.

lol

He might still be allowed to spend the money though, so it might end up being an asset.

Of course he is, I'm not disputing that. I said a week or so ago in this thread that we shouldn't have replaced Hughton with Pardew.

The main point is that he doesn't have 2 games left to make up two points as you can work out points per game.  Adding cup games could be controversial but they are games played and part of our season.  It could be argued that Hughton had easy games in the cup, so did Pardew.  In all games Hughton has the better record of the two if you award points for draws and wins as you would in the league.

He might still be allowed to spend the money though, so it might end up being an asset.

Souness had plenty of experience in the transfer market and was given a fortune to spend, spending didn't do him any good or make him any better as a manager.  I haven't checked, I would think the early record of Souness with another managers players was better than after he'd spent money.

Our main advantage now is that we seem to have a reasonably good scouting network who will have watched any player who comes in.

Is there actually any purpose in comparing Pardew's record with Hughton's at this point?

People compared it when Pardew had a better record so does it only work one way?  Did you question the purpose then?

Is there actually any purpose in comparing Pardew's record with Hughton's at this point?

People compared it when Pardew had a better record so does it only work one way?  Did you question the purpose then?

Can't remember really, I always thought it was pointless though.