Alan Pardew

JH

Guest Chubby Jason

"We finalised that deal at about 3 o'clock."

So why did you drag it on all night? ???

tbf, it was Liverpool's deal to announce, not ours.

Why would Liverpool wait hours before announcing it then?

I hate the concept of buying players with high resale value. I mean obviously getting good players is what we all want but we should want them playing for us, not sold off because other clubs want them and are willing to pay big money. A potentially high resale value should be a by-product of having a good team and nothing more. When Shearer was banging the goals in for us, we enjoyed the fact he was banging the goals in for us, not the fact he had a high resale value.

I agree if the resale value is the reason for buying them, but if it's more a side effect of buying younger players with more potential then I'm all for it.

I'm not listening to the interview BTW.

I'm sure the whole David Craig reading a script about bids turned down and then a transfer request carry on was going on into the evening.

I'm sure the whole David Craig reading a script about bids turned down and then a transfer request carry on was going on into the evening.

And like I said about N'Zogbia 'bids', I highly doubt it was live updates - We rejected a Liverpool bid before one advert break and as soon as SSN came back, Carroll had handed in a transfer request :lol:

The David Craig stuff was mid-afternoon - 2ish(?)

EDIT: Sorry, I was wrong. 5pm.

I hate the concept of buying players with high resale value. I mean obviously getting good players is what we all want but we should want them playing for us, not sold off because other clubs want them and are willing to pay big money. A potentially high resale value should be a by-product of having a good team and nothing more. When Shearer was banging the goals in for us, we enjoyed the fact he was banging the goals in for us, not the fact he had a high resale value.

I agree if the resale value is the reason for buying them, but if it's more a side effect of buying younger players with more potential then I'm all for it.

IMO it was the sole reason for getting Gosling and hugely affected the thinking behind making the Ben Arfa deal permanent when we did.

"One or two players in in the summer"

To be fair it's meaningless. saying something like "we will bring in 5 stars" now does no good to our team.  Just let time tells.

IMO it was the sole reason for getting Gosling and hugely affected the thinking behind making the Ben Arfa deal permanent when we did.

Aye, possibly, the Gosling deal was definitely a bit of opportunism but I hope it was as much about getting a promising young player cheap as it was about resale. If another club had pounced to get him we would have been saying it should have been us.

The Ben Arfa deal was so immense that I don't actually care about the reason! Let's hope we don't sell him to Real Madrid for £30m until he's ripped the league up for us for a while.

nice to hear him admitting to getting things wrong, refreshing from a manager.

This.  Made the entire interview worthwhile tbh.

And I thought he was correct re: Stoke.  We dealt with Stoke's long throws and set plays fine.  It was general mistakes cost us.

Guest BooBoo

Is that DJ Eaaaaaazzzzzzzeeeeeeee Dick?

It's the Golden Shower Hour! Playing platinum hits baby to keep YOU comin'!

Understands frustration of what's gone on in the past - "If I was a fan, would I be jumping up and down about Mike Ashley? No I wouldn't be"

"Mike genuinely wants to prove to people that he can make Newcastle a success"

Says Ashley is being overly-cautious in transfer dealings as he's been "taken for a ride in the past from players, clubs and agents" and doesn't want to again.