Alan Pardew

JH

Can't remember really, I always thought it was pointless though.

Fair enough.

Admittedly though, I think it's too soon to judge Pardew properly and I also think he might still do well, so I tend to pipe up in his defence more than in criticism.

Admittedly though, I think it's too soon to judge Pardew properly and I also think he might still do well, so I tend to pipe up in his defence more than in criticism.

He's been here 3 months which has included a transfer window and he's had both league and cup games.  When will you start to judge him and what has he to do which he hasn't been able to do yet?  He hasn't had a summer with the players and I haven't seen anything yet to suggest that a pre-season under him will provide any benefit.

Can't remember really, I always thought it was pointless though.

Fair enough.

He's been manager for more than 3 months now, of course we can judge him.

He's been here 3 months which has included a transfer window and he's had both league and cup games.  When will you start to judge him and what has he to do which he hasn't been able to do yet?  He hasn't had a summer with the players and I haven't seen anything yet to suggest that a pre-season under him will provide any benefit.

I just think 3 months is too short a time to judge a manager either way, it's no time at all in football and the influence of luck is huge. He needs all of next season at least IMO.

I don't expect anyone to agree with me BTW, especially after a run of poor results.

The main point is that he doesn't have 2 games left to make up two points as you can work out points per game.

It's a tad unfair though. Hughton gets 16 (19) games, whilst Pardew gets 14 (15). Whilst the number of games is taken into account in the average, the fact is that Hughton has had more opportunity to get points on the board than Pardew has.

Adding cup games could be controversial but they are games played and part of our season.  It could be argued that Hughton had easy games in the cup, so did Pardew.  In all games Hughton has the better record of the two if you award points for draws and wins as you would in the league.

Hughton

Pl: 19

W: 7

D: 4

L: 8

Points - 25

PPG: 0.76

Pardew

Pl: 15

W: 4

D: 5

L: 6

Points - 21

PPG: 0.71

If that is still the case in four games time, then I'll hold my hands up. But for me, as things stand, there's nothing between them.

Guest Stephen927

"Yo Pards. Ste here. Just wanted to know if you'll tickle my balls while giving me deepthroat, TOON ARMY! TOON ARMY! WE LOVE YOU HUGHTON, WE DO. WE LOVE YOU HUGHTON, WE DO. That is all."

http://www.exceletel.com/products/TeleTools/SamplePrograms/images/DialTone.jpg

The main point is that he doesn't have 2 games left to make up two points as you can work out points per game.

It's a tad unfair though. Hughton gets 16 (19) games, whilst Pardew gets 14 (15). Whilst the number of games is taken into account in the average, the fact is that Hughton has had more opportunity to get points on the board than Pardew has.

Adding cup games could be controversial but they are games played and part of our season.  It could be argued that Hughton had easy games in the cup, so did Pardew.  In all games Hughton has the better record of the two if you award points for draws and wins as you would in the league.

Hughton

Pl: 19

W: 7

D: 4

L: 8

Points - 25

PPG: 0.76

Pardew

Pl: 15

W: 4

D: 5

L: 6

Points - 21

PPG: 0.71

If that is still the case in four games time, then I'll hold my hands up. But for me, as things stand, there's nothing between them.

Considering Hughton had Carroll for the bulk of his games, I'd say it's pretty decent what Pardew has done.

I'm turning this off like.

He's doing his best to dampen any expectations we have.

Compare that to listening to somebody like Keegan talking.

Like "Maybe the owner thinks we can bridge that gap - but we can't,"? ;)

I'm turning this off like.

He's doing his best to dampen any expectations we have.

Compare that to listening to somebody like Keegan talking.

Like "Maybe the owner thinks we can bridge that gap - but we can't,"? ;)

You know what I mean man.

He isn't inspiring me one bit.

When you listen to Keegan talk, you're hanging on his every word.

Already downplaying our chances of making big signatures in the summer.

Great.

Why can't we just sign people like everyone else manages to, Alan!?

Did he define 'big'?

Great.

I didn't catch it, but that sounds like he means we won't be signing 'big' names - where does that suggest that we won't sign anyone?

Great.

I didn't catch it, but that sounds like he means we won't be signing 'big' names - where does that suggest that we won't sign anyone?

I said 'big'.  He was saying we have to wait and see how things evolve.  Sounded like he meant 'see if anyone else signs them first'.