Alan Pardew

JH

Jury is still out, but hasn't been as bad as I thought he might be, far from it.

And I have to admit, as much as I liked Hughton, he has done it with a far worse squad to pick from, in my view. Loven and Shola as first choice pairing, enough said.

Guest BooBoo

Whilst overall their poinst hauls have been similar, Hughton seemed to get the players up for the big games and less so for the smaller ones. Pardew meanwhile has his wins, pretty much all against the lower table sides but still lacks a feather-in-the-cap win, with the only stand out result thus far being the Arsenal madness.

Guest BooBoo

Its frowned upon around these parts to say that Pardew had anything to do with the Liverpool win.

Its frowned upon around these parts to say that Pardew had anything to do with the Liverpool win.

Considering the players and even Pardew himself said he had little if any influence on that game, I don't think that's wrong.

Guest BooBoo

Considering both the players and Pardew himself said he had little if any influence on that game, I don't think that's wrong.

I know, I was just answering the question of why I hadn't acknowledged the Liverpool game as a special win for AP.

I couldn't stand Pardew when he wasn't our manager but I quite like him as our boss now. I don't cringe at the thought of him representing us when I see him on the touchline.

Agree. He's growing on me as well.

I couldn't stand Pardew when he wasn't our manager but I quite like him as our boss now. I don't cringe at the thought of him representing us when I see him on the touchline.

Whilst I agree, I do cringe when he represents us in the press room. The guy needs some lessons in how to talk properly :lol:

Whilst I agree, I do cringe when he represents us in the press room. The guy needs some lessons in how to talk properly :lol:

Just hope there are no "...... will not be sold this summer" situations. Would really damage his credibility.

"we was"

If he had any.

As mentioned before I'd much prefer he just said he has no control over the transfers whatsoever.

aye that would be the truth, but do you see any other managers doing it? It's part of football where managers (even those who don;t have much power) pretend that they do, otherwise they lose all leverage/authority vis-a-vis the players

I actually think he is better at managing the squad than Hughton, and if he can prove in the summer that he can bring good players in then as far as i am concerned Pardew is a better manager. As seen on the other page he has a similar win percentage to Hughton and this is without Carroll and some injury problems.

Just hope there are no "...... will not be sold this summer" situations. Would really damage his credibility.

Dec 10th: "The fact he (Carroll) is a local boy and has a certain 'je ne sais quoi' bodes well. He is somebody the Toon Army loves, and I guarantee while I am here he will be here.”

Dec 10th: "The fact he (Carroll) is a local boy and has a certain 'je ne sais quoi' bodes well. He is somebody the Toon Army loves, and I guarantee while I am here he will be here.”

More fool you for believing him. Nothing more than a soundbite when in reality it was never his call.

Guest BooBoo

The vast majority of managers/chairmen/players just say what they think fans want to hear. I pay little attention to press conference soundbites re transfers these days.

More fool you for believing him. Nothing more than a soundbite when in reality it was never his call.

When did i say I believed it? Just pointing out that he has already made a dick of himself guaranteeing things he has no control over.

When did i say I believed it? Just pointing out that he has already made a dick of himself guaranteeing things he has no control over.

He's only 'made a dick of himself' to the idiots who believe everything he comes out with. Not everyone took his word as gospel.

He's only 'made a dick of himself' to the idiots who believe everything he comes out with. Not everyone took his word as gospel.

I wouldn't blame the average fan if they believed such strong, repeated statements. I think one of the first things he said was that Carroll wouldn't leave and he had guarantees about it.