Alan Pardew

JH

He's done a good job I think despite how disappointed I was yesterday to not finish in the top half, what this season has shown me is that there isn't anything between the clubs that finished 8th all the way down to 14th, I don't think anyone has overachieved or underachieved out of those teams and you couldn't have any arguments with whatever order they fell in so the summer will be the key for clubs wanting to pull away from that pack.

While not being the manager that I would have chosen he's shown me he's been an upgrade on Hughton, he's got a slightly better points to games ratio but the impressive thing is he's done it with only having Carroll for 3 games and the harder home fixtures having faced 6 of the top 7 at SJP on his watch.

Next season will be the key but so far there are signs for optimism.

I honestly fail to see him as an improvement on Hughton.. in any way. That's not to say that Pardew has done badly though.

Tactically, Hughton incorporated the players in a system that worked to their strengths - especially Barton, Carroll and Nolan's roles.. He had his faults tactically but so does Pardew - the bizarre 5-3-2, playing with two RBs at the same time, goals conceded in the end of games being the most obvious ones.

I'm far from being convinced by Pardew. He says the right things, the team usually seem motivated but I can't help but feel he's a bit of a bullshitter

Scotland Assistant manager having a go at Pardew's comments about the standard of the SPL on SSN just there saying many SPL players would "walk into the Newcastle side". :lol: :lol: :lol:

I honestly fail to see him as an improvement on Hughton.. in any way. That's not to say that Pardew has done badly though.

Tactically, Hughton incorporated the players in a system that worked to their strengths - especially Barton, Carroll and Nolan's roles.. He had his faults tactically but so does Pardew - the bizarre 5-3-2, playing with two RBs at the same time, goals conceded in the end of games being the most obvious ones.

I'm far from being convinced by Pardew. He says the right things, the team usually seem motivated but I can't help but feel he's a bit of a bullshitter

We are still playing Hughton's system (with the exception of Carroll), Pardew has changed little.

I honestly think that we would have won more games this season had Hughton still been in charge. We may too have lost more, but I feel we'd have more than 46 points.

Pardew is the same at Hughton. My worry is that Hughton was new and would learn the game very well while Pardew has been in it for a while now.

With that said I have the utmost confidence in Pardew succeeding. He's had a much more injured squad and also played without Carroll. Along with that we've seen an improvement with Best.

Guest Slarth

Scotland Assistant manager having a go at Pardew's comments about the standard of the SPL on SSN just there saying many SPL players would "walk into the Newcastle side". :lol: :lol: :lol:

The guy is a tit, the SPL is a terrible league. There's only Celtic & Rangers players that could even consider walking into our 1st team let alone Man Utd, Ars Man City etc.

Pardew is the same at Hughton. My worry is that Hughton was new and would learn the game very well while Pardew has been in it for a while now.

With that said I have the utmost confidence in Pardew succeeding. He's had a much more injured squad and also played without Carroll. Along with that we've seen an improvement with Best.

It was rather funny when the fans chanted Hughton's name after Best got his hattrick.

Exactly. Hughton could have been, and may well still become on of the upcoming managers in British football. He could have been our Moyes, guess we'll never know now.

Pardew has developed little as a manager throughout his career.

Hughton is older than Pardew and has been around the management side of things longer. People talk about Hughton as if he's some 40 year old newcomer to the management scene. I like both but I don't think Hughton had the experience to take us forward, the performance away at WBA was as bleak as it could be and I don't think we'll ever know the full story of what went on behind the scenes but I'd say there was obviously more to it than meets the eye.

Hughton started proper coaching in 1993.

Pardew started proper coaching 97/98.

:snod:

But Hughton had never been a manager before ...

Why do you think that was?

Was probably trying to learn as much of the game as possible before stepping into a management role.

Hughton started proper coaching in 1993.

Pardew started proper coaching 97/98.

:snod:

But Hughton had never been a manager before ...

Why do you think that was?

Was probably trying to learn as much of the game as possible before stepping into a management role.

He has never stepped into a management role, he fell into one with us because he was the last man standing. I don't think he was ever thought of as a potential manager until he picked up the gig with us. I'd be interested to know if he himself thought he might have what it takes to be a manager.

There have been a few opportunities for clubs to give him a job since he left, and there will be plenty more in the coming years. If he is rated as a manager then his record of getting us out of the Championship at the first attempt will be valued and he'll be in demand.

We are still playing Hughton's system (with the exception of Carroll), Pardew has changed little.

I honestly think that we would have won more games this season had Hughton still been in charge. We may too have lost more, but I feel we'd have more than 46 points.

Hughton got his results with Carroll still here, Pardew had to get them with a much weaker team. You can't really ignore that.

Exactly. Hughton could have been, and may well still become on of the upcoming managers in British football. He could have been our Moyes, guess we'll never know now.

:lol:

Hughton got his results with Carroll still here, Pardew had to get them with a much weaker team. You can't really ignore that.

There's a argument to be made that Hughton played a sizeable part in Carroll being the player he is now. Carroll certainly wasn't happy when Hughton went.

Did he tell you this? He played probably his best game for us 5 days after Hughton was sacked, so he couldn't have been that distraught by the decision.

Or spurred on by what happened. Much like the rest of the squad who were excellent that evening.