Alan Pardew

JH

Tonight wasn't the sort of game to play free-flowing football. Aye we were poor, but nowhere near as bad as some people are making out.

I can see us playing much better at Villa on Saturday.

:lol:

Did someone forget to tell QPR?

Completely missed the point there. They're the home team, new owner, newly promoted, new team...

And we have new players, a stronger squad, a new style of play...

Hope you're not backing up the argument against the original post here.  Because it's right.  Huge difference between our new players and theirs.

Aye, theirs played.

Tonight wasn't the sort of game to play free-flowing football. Aye we were poor, but nowhere near as bad as some people are making out.

Completely missed the point there. They're the home team, new owner, newly promoted, new team...

Why should that make us resort to Stoke tactics though? Especially considering a whole none of the signings we brought in this summer are suited to said tactics meaning playing that way could be seen as actively handicapping ourselves.

Take away that last point tonight anyway, and I think you've summed up why we got a point tonight instead of lost. Take Cabaye out for Nolan and our midfield would have been well and truly fucked. He wasn't great but his energy was brilliant.

f*** sake... :laugh: Some people going way overboard. Yes we played like s***, but almost no team can keep a standerd of good football all season. plus this was probley the worst time to play Q.P.R The whole club is on probley the biggest high of the season after signing all those players

I'm not at all Pardews biggest fan. but he's done a terrific jobe with the players he's got. And if he hadn't started R taylor in the games he has, we would be no were near the position were in, as he's joint top scorer :D not saying much, but still..

Jesus wept, we don't expect to play well all season, we expect we'll play better than we have so far.  If we don't then we'll be in trouble. People mention that QPR have brought new players in but so have we and I would like to think we've brought in better than they have.  Whether that's the case, only time will tell and we'll never know until we play them.

Our movement was crap today and we did too little too late to sort that out.

Are you suggesting that it is Pardew's fault that the players kept giving the ball away?

He picked the wrong team, he was part of the problem.  Ryan Taylor and Shola shouldn't have come out for the 2nd half as they were both as bad as they can get.

Part of the problem - yes.  He got things wrong today obviously.  But I do wonder how much control people think managers have over individual players' performances.  It isn't Football Manager or FIFA out there.

he has full control of who he starts in the team, he picks the team, he choose 4 vs a 5 man midfield tonight got overan outplayed and did fuck all about it .

Hope you're not backing up the argument against the original post here.  Because it's right.  Huge difference between our new players and theirs.

That's fair enough, but without looking I'm pretty sure people were arguing that we'd win the game and/or finish above them because said new players couldn't/wouldn't gel. Well they looked a far better TEAM than we have in any game so far this season.

I think it's time to start Marveaux in place of the relatively hum-drum Obertan at Villa. I'd wager though that we'll have to wait until Nottm Forest to see Santon in action. It's sensible to bed new foreigners in slowly, especially with Santon being so young. Raylor was poor tonight but he's been competent in the other three games and I reckon he'll start again on Saturday.

I think one of the reasons people are going OTT is that the changes that needed to be made were so blatantly obvious for everyone to see.

If Pardew had put Santon on for Raylor after half-time, and got Ba/Sameobi on for Shola at least before the 60 minute mark, trying to play a bit more positive, I think most people would have been quite satisfied with the result today knowing that we at least tried.

Given Raylors importance since the start of the season, I think it´s fair game that he got to start, but he should have been off at half-time given how the game went. Maybe Pardew struck a deal with Warnock? If he kept Raylor on, Warnock would swap SWP over to the left? I think Warnock saved us a point today by doing that.

Why should that make us resort to Stoke tactics though? Especially considering a whole none of the signings we brought in this summer are suited to said tactics meaning playing that way could be seen as actively handicapping ourselves.

Pardew himself has said we weren't good tonight. Do you think that's how he set us out to play? Sometimes though you have to adapt and with SWP & Taarabt running us ragged you can't always play the way you want.

That's fair enough, but without looking I'm pretty sure people were arguing that we'd win the game and/or finish above them because said new players couldn't/wouldn't gel. Well they looked a far better TEAM than we have in any game so far this season.

Give them a few weeks when the whole mood starts to change and see if they play like that. I bet they don't play that well at home all season.

Give them a few weeks when the whole mood starts to change and see if they play like that. I bet they don't play that well at home all season.

Who gives a fuck? They pissed on us, that's all I care about at this point in the discussion. Wondering if you even watched it tbh. Teletext? :razz:

I think one of the reasons people are going OTT is that the changes that needed to be made were so blatantly obvious for everyone to see.

If Pardew had put Santon on for Raylor after half-time, and got Ba/Sameobi on for Shola at least before the 60 minute mark, trying to play a bit more positive, I think most people would have been quite satisfied with the result today knowing that we at least tried.

Given Raylors importance since the start of the season, I think it´s fair game that he got to start, but he should have been off at half-time given how the game went. Maybe Pardew struck a deal with Warnock? If he kept Raylor on, Warnock would swap SWP over to the left? I think Warnock saved us a point today by doing that.

it aint even so much about how shit shola and taylor are, its more about the lack of any simple change that should have been and easily made yet pardew refused to or simply watching a different game.

we played qpr! im not saying we thought we were entitled to beat them and get 3 points,  but we fucking do expect to atleast play remote competitively and adaquate enough vs them.

had we played well and got a draw, no fucking problems

but its the fact we were utter garbage and to rub salt in the wounds our manager did not do fuck all about it to even remotely change the team around.

Part of the problem - yes.  He got things wrong today obviously.  But I do wonder how much control people think managers have over individual players' performances.  It isn't Football Manager or FIFA out there.

The manager can change players if they are playing poorly, you don't need football manager of FIFA to do that.

How about starting with your best eleven, and making changes when they're obviously needed. That would be some great adapting by Pardew.

In time we'll see Ba, Marveaux and Santon start. For the time being we've gone with tried and tested players and bedding the new players in slowly. It's quite a sensible approach, especially if fitness is an issue and it has clealy been with Ba and Marv.

The manager can change players if they are playing poorly, you don't need football manager of FIFA to do that.

He can change 3 of the personnel.  He can't change how they are playing on the night.

Are you suggesting that it is Pardew's fault that the players kept giving the ball away?

He picked the wrong team, he was part of the problem.  Ryan Taylor and Shola shouldn't have come out for the 2nd half as they were both as bad as they can get.

When he knows that there's a high chance of said individual players' perfrmances being shit, like Shola, like Raylor, then yes, he takes responsibility.

Pardew himself has said we weren't good tonight. Do you think that's how he set us out to play? Sometimes though you have to adapt and with SWP & Taarabt running us ragged you can't always play the way you want.

He could have fooled me if it wasn't how we were set up to play. Also, their winger and playmaker having good game = we can't try to pass, lets hoof it? That seems to be your point?

How about starting with your best eleven, and making changes when they're obviously needed. That would be some great adapting by Pardew.

In time we'll see Ba, Marveaux and Santon start. For the time being we've gone with tried and tested players and bedding the new players in slowly. It's quite a sensible approach, especially if fitness is an issue and it has clealy been with Ba and Marv.

Spot on - there is clearly reasoning as to why Pardew chose the team he did.

Mental if Ba and Marveaux aren't fit yet. Unless Santon is crocked he should have been on after an hour maximum tonight IMO. Were we worried about playing him away at QPR? I can't see why any of the other games are too different.

He could have fooled me if it wasn't how we were set up to play. Also, their winger and playmaker having good game = we can't try to pass, lets hoof it? That seems to be your point?

I'm saying on a night where their main two threats were better than Jonas & Cabaye, I can't blame us for being more direct.