Alan Pardew

JH

This is a little ridiculous really.

Nobody wanted Pardew here, but he's here now and whilst I was spectacularly underwhelmed with his appointment I will give the bloke a chance. With the Birmingham game being called off he's had a fairly tough first three games, one of which we won, but for which he was given minimal credit as it was Hughton's team. We then play Man City where in a very similar fashion to the game at Eastlands (under Hughton) we played well and arguably deserved something from the game but ultimately lost. Today a match against a highly talented Spurs squad who if they had clicked could have torn us a new one. We play with a defensive formation, lose and Pardew gets ripped to bits. Its three games and some are wanting him out already. To be replaced with who exactly?

It's madness. As I said, I didnt want the bloke here but ffs lets give him a chance. It's no wonder we have the (unfair) reputation of demanding instant "success".

It's more a case of nobody wanting him here. He's done nothing to win over my support and I doubt he ever will. He's a liability.

Nobody wanted Pardew here, but he's here now and whilst I was spectacularly underwhelmed with his appointment I will give the bloke a chance. With the Birmingham game being called off he's had a fairly tough first three games, one of which we won, but for which he was given minimal credit as it was Hughton's team. We then play Man City where in a very similar fashion to the game at Eastlands (under Hughton) we played well and arguably deserved something from the game but ultimately lost. Today a match against a highly talented Spurs squad who if they had clicked could have torn us a new one. We play with a defensive formation, lose and Pardew gets ripped to bits. Its three games and some are wanting him out already. To be replaced with who exactly?

It's madness. As I said, I didnt want the bloke here but ffs lets give him a chance. It's no wonder we have the (unfair) reputation of demanding instant "success".

Aye, I think that's fair. Really need to see how the next games go.

I agree with most of that except he really fucked up with the sending off. The players have to take some of the blame but he let them keep lumping it long and kept two holding midfielders on when we had other options.

My comments in regards to the City game are already in here.

Who is demanding instant success?

Guest neesy111

Who is demanding instant success?

Most ppl on here with the over reaction to losing 2-0 v spurs who are in the last 16 in the champions league remember.

Mick- Nobdy is demanding instant success. I was referring to the reputation other fans have given us of "Oh you know those Geordies, they'll want him out if they're not in Europe/ winning a trophy in his first five games"

I think anybody expecting a newly promoted team to win at WHL is demanding instant success

I don't think anyone was expecting a win before the game, most people were expecting a loss and a lot were expecting a heavy loss. The way the game went though you should be able to understand peoples frustrations. The decisions and football played after the red cost us any chance of getting anything out of this, we were given a good opportunity but mistakes threw that away.

Mick- Nobdy is demanding instant success. I was referring to the reputation other fans have given us of "Oh you know those Geordies, they'll want him out if they're not in Europe/ winning a trophy in his first five games"

Some people are seeing the criticisms levelled at the lack of a win. Not with me. The beef i've got is the fact is with the negative tactics adopted by Pardew that dont fill you with confidence when faced with a similar situation needing a savvy change in future i.e opposition down to ten men, 2-0 down. Thats where I worry about the progression form Hughton (sorry to re-mention  O0)

I think anybody expecting a newly promoted team to win at WHL is demanding instant success

Don't be daft, we've set out a negative team against a Spurs team who before today had only managed to stop the opposition scoring once.

Agreed.

But I think anybody expecting the club NOT to be in a situation where a decent manager was sacked for an equal/poorer manager who has to start all over again, realising James Perch is wank, and costing us points is being reasonable.

Anyone calling pardew after another decent performance really needs to check their heads.  Pardew had fuck all on the bench to play with, he changed it straight away after the sending off.

If your going to blame anyone blame Hughton for signing that piece of crap Perch.

A decent performance? WHAT THE FUCK? We created NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING in the whole 94 minutes.....

aye pretty decent effort...

Hmm, what fucking game were you watching idiot.  I seem to remember a good few openings 1st half and 2nd half as well.

And exactly what did spurs create.

Irony meter off the scale.....called an idiot by neesy..I'll just kill myself right now

Most ppl on here with the over reaction to losing 2-0 v spurs who are in the last 16 in the champions league remember.

Spurs being in the last 16 has nothing to do with our result today, we set up negatively and we didn't do enough to try and win the game.

Don't be daft, we've set out a negative team against a Spurs team who before today had only managed to stop the opposition scoring once.

They rip teams apart on the counter, and supposedly teams have achieved more success by sitting back at WHL. If we'd had a go and lost 4-0 people would be even less happy.

Anyone calling pardew after another decent performance really needs to check their heads.  Pardew had fuck all on the bench to play with, he changed it straight away after the sending off.

If your going to blame anyone blame Hughton for signing that piece of crap Perch.

A decent performance? WHAT THE FUCK? We created NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING in the whole 94 minutes.....

aye pretty decent effort...

Hmm, what fucking game were you watching idiot.  I seem to remember a good few openings 1st half and 2nd half as well.

And exactly what did spurs create.

Irony meter off the scale.....called an idiot by neesy..I'll just kill myself right now

Erm, he's right though.

Spurs being in the last 16 has nothing to do with our result today, we set up negatively and we didn't do enough to try and win the game.

We played within our means, which obviously wasn't enough.  Please lower your expectations.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

tbh, everyone expected us to lose before the game, some expected 4 or 5 nil defeats. I think it has just shown we have backup players who are not up to the standard.

Guest neesy111

With what???  There was nothing in the squad available to do anything more than what we could have done today.  We went to restrict spurs which we did if Taylor and Perch would decide to tackle any players we would of stopped them scoring.

tbh, everyone expected us to lose before the game, some expected 4 or 5 nil defeats. I think it has just shown we have backup players who are not up to the standard.

Exactly, even though we didn't really need this game to tell us that.

Guest neesy111

They rip teams apart on the counter, and supposedly teams have achieved more success by sitting back at WHL. If we'd had a go and lost 4-0 people would be even less happy.

Exactly, thats why we still need to leave Tiote and Smith on because we were always vulnerable on the counter attack.

And a manager who has seemingly learnt precisely nothing from his predecessor.

Exactly, thats why we still need to leave Tiote and Smith on because we were always vulnerable on the counter attack.

By further nullfying our own and defending a 2-0 defeat? whats the point?

So the game plan was to try and hold on to the 1-0? :lol:

So the game plan was to try and hold on to the 1-0? :lol:

Whilst I would have brought Smith off, we did bring a striker on for a winger. The team was clearly more attacking after the change.