Alan Pardew

JH

FFS! They club tried to bring in many players during the january window.  But unlike before, it was not willing to pay more than what the players were worth. The price of Carroll represents a good example of how idiotic the january window is.  We'll be fine. We have a 2 weeks off and multiple players will be back soon. And we're meeting many of the dumping candidates at home.

Really?

How can you be so sure that Ashley didn't tell Pardew to go f*** himself when he asked for money in January?

Why didn't he get a loan striker in instead of Ireland? Sturridge or Vela perhaps?

Because Ireland is costing him fuck all.

Fuck all? We will be making a contribution to his wages.

If's and but's I know, but.................

Let's say the going rate for an England international is around £15 million, more I know, but lets take that figure.

Pardew thinks Nolan should be playing for England.

That equates to him being prepared to pay £30 million of the £35 million from the Carroll transfer for two players, each of the calibre of Kevin Nolan. Supporting this club just gets worse by the day.

You had your head in the cats litter tray again?

FFS! They club tried to bring in many players during the january window.  But unlike before, it was not willing to pay more than what the players were worth. The price of Carroll represents a good example of how idiotic the january window is.  We'll be fine. We have a 2 weeks off and multiple players will be back soon. And we're meeting many of the dumping candidates at home.

Really?

:lol: great stuff isnt it, particularly like the n'zogbia bid reference as well.

Guest BooBoo

Be interesting to see this threads reaction if we beat Wolves. Will any credit not be forthcoming on the grounds that Wolves are a bottom of the league side?

Be interesting to see this threads reaction if we beat Wolves. Will any credit not be forthcoming on the grounds that Wolves are a bottom of the league side?

Well it least Pardew would have beaten all four of the bottom four sides!

Pardew has been given a lot of credit for our results under him, of course. Arguably too much, but that's another story... Don't want to see history re-written and turned into how everyone refused to recognise any of his achievements. Some people will presumably be happier about beating Wolves than Arsenal, in fact...

Guest firetotheworks

I'll admit it, I've been waiting for him to show himself to be shit. Not so I can revel in it, but because I don't rate him at all, on any level, and have expected it. It's as simple as that.

My timeline:

Upset Hughton was dismissed.

Upset Pardew was appointed.

Expected Pardew to fail.

Upset Pardew is beginning to fail. (It's early doors, especially given he has a five and a half year deal :undecided: but the signs are not promising thus far).

I'll admit it, I've been waiting for him to show himself to be shit. Not so I can revel in it, but because I don't rate him at all, on any level, and have expected it. It's as simple as that.

Yep. I'm with you here. I think he's shit. His previous experience supports this view. I don't like what he says, and I think he's just reaping the benefit of Hughton's work. We'll only really know how shit he is in a year or two when he's had a chance to change our style of play. This is still Hughton's team, and it's still a decent team - a great one, actually, because we're a newly promoted team.

Unless we go down, which I don't think we will, I don't think he can be fully judged until xmas next year when he has had a year to work with the squad and two transfer windows in which to work in to make the changes he feels necessary.

Surely injuries are the main cause of our recent poor form? Our squad is tiny and our reserve players are shite.

Aside from Best who else from the first team would've started against Stoke bearing in mind he knew Ben Arfa and Ireland were crocked when he bought them?

Unless we go down, which I don't think we will, I don't think he can be fully judged until xmas next year when he has had a year to work with the squad and two transfer windows in which to work in to make the changes he feels necessary.

Agree with that - not that it's wrong to express opinions along the way - but then I felt the same with Hughton too. The club obviously disagreed, at this level at least. I wonder if they'll give him the time they were unwilling to give previously?

Surely injuries are the main cause of our recent poor form? Our squad is tiny and our reserve players are shite.

Aside from Best who else from the first team would've started against Stoke bearing in mind he knew Ben Arfa and Ireland were crocked when he bought them?

Basically without Barton, Jonas and Best (and Routledge, who Pards should never have loaned out) we're devoid of any attacking threat.

Combine that with Jose going off and Ben Arfa being out for the season (which is due to his broken leg so wasn't known when he arrived) we're fucked.

I honestly don't think the manager matters that much when the players on the pitch are as poor as we have now.

Agree with that - not that it's wrong to express opinions along the way - but then I felt the same with Hughton too. The club obviously disagreed, at this level at least. I wonder if they'll give him the time they were unwilling to give previously?

Of course, goes without saying.

For stabilitys sake, other than anything else I'd like to hope so. If we did get rid, I don't think we will even if we go down, it would be very interesting to see who'd want to come to Newcastle for all our attraction on the football side of things I can't imagine many top managers would be overly keen to work with the current board.

Basically without Barton, Jonas and Best (and Routledge, who Pards should never have loaned out) we're devoid of any attacking threat.

Combine that with Jose going off and Ben Arfa being out for the season (which is due to his broken leg so wasn't known when he arrived) we're fucked.

I honestly don't think the manager matters that much when the players on the pitch are as poor as we have now.

it was known he had a broken leg when we signed him permanently, pardew was the manager then, be consistent.

it was known he had a broken leg when we signed him permanently, pardew was the manager then, be consistent.

Well fair enough, technically, but the fact remains that we thought he would be available and he isn't.

Letting a player like that go when we had a chance to sign him for such a reasonable fee would have been a much worse mistake by Pardew.

Surely injuries are the main cause of our recent poor form? Our squad is tiny and our reserve players are s****.

Combine that with Jose going off and Ben Arfa being out for the season (which is due to his broken leg so wasn't known when he arrived) we're f***ed.

This! He's been  riddled with injuries. Each time he's completed the battle plan for the next match, he's forced to make last minute changes  due to a fresh injury. As long as we're staying up, I'm satisfied.