Alan Pardew

JH

Guest Antec

What's strange?

Try working it out, it's really obvious

Like quoting?

Dodgy website, take your time

Guest michaelfoster

Just been working out the head to head for Hughton & Pardew for league games, didnt realise it was so close on win %

Hughton

P 16

W 5

L 7

D 4

Win %: 31.25%

PTS 19

Pardew

P 20

W 6

L 7

D 7

Win Percentage: 30%

PTS: 25

Guest thenorthumbrian

Just been working out the head to head for Hughton & Pardew for league games, didnt realise it was so close on win %

Hughton

P 16

W 5

L 7

D 4

Win %: 31.25%

PTS 19

Pardew

P 20

W 6

L 7

D 7

Win Percentage: 30%

PTS: 25

So there was little point in replacing Hughton then ?

Guest sicko2ndbest

No single player has won us owt this season, that's a daft statement to make.

Agree to disagree

I couldn't stand Pardew when he wasn't our manager but I quite like him as our boss now. I don't cringe at the thought of him representing us when I see him on the touchline.

I couldn't stand Pardew when he wasn't our manager but I quite like him as our boss now. I don't cringe at the thought of him representing us when I see him on the touchline.

I'd agree with that, but would jump at the chance to have him replaced. Was certainly hoping that rumour a few days ago had some truth in it. He hasn't shown anything different, or special about his style of management. With Hughton for example, you could clearly see a marked difference between him as a coach, a care-taker, and then a full-time manager. The man grew in stature, and seemed to have a shrewdness about him.

We can't afford to change managers again now obviously, so we'll have to wait and see how we start next season.

Wish people would stop comparing Hughton and Pardews results.

As Sicko said, Carroll won us a fair few on his own and Pards hasn't had much luck in the way of injuries.

fwiw Pards is close to winning me over, we've played some good stuff under him at times, can't be easy with the shit he's got at his disposal. Fair play to him, he might not have been anyone's first choice when Hughton was sacked but we need stability here and he should be judged when he's had the off season to begin shaping the squad his way.

He's well on his way to winning me over, it's going to be an interesting summer.

Guest Howaythetoon

This is too big a gig for someone with his limited abilities. He needs a good transfer window this summer and to start next season well, very well, to stand a chance.

Guest sicko2ndbest

This is too big a gig for someone with his limited abilities. He needs a good transfer window this summer and to start next season well, very well, to stand a chance.

Agenda

Heard Steve McClaren on Sky this morning praising the professionalism of our managerial/coaching set up and attention to detail, which he had observed behind the scenes recently.

That's how I've thought Pardew has come across actually. For me he's done a very decent professional job, in some trying circumstances.

There's also an honesty about the way he's trying to communicate through the media which I appreciate.

Next season though is the big one for him.

Heard Steve McClaren on Sky this morning praising the professionalism of our managerial/coaching set up and attention to detail, which he had observed behind the scenes recently.

That's how I've thought Pardew has come across actually. For me he's done a very decent professional job, in some trying circumstances.

There's also an honesty about the way he's trying to communicate through the media which I appreciate.

Next season though is the big one for him.

Forget who the interview was with, but one of the players referenced Pardew's meticulous approach.  They were asked whether they were prepared for the game, the response was "It's impossible not to be with Pardew, he goes through everything 100 times"!

Read a while back about getting two more anaylysts in and having DVD footage for every player and their potential opponent.

Jury is still out, but there have been changes in the way we play, slight improvements across the board and I'm a fan of this new, seemingly more proffesional approach. 

However, I still find some of his press conferences and comments cringeworthy and strange.  Full season with his team and tactics in place and he can be judged, if he gets that long.