Alan Pardew

JH

I wouldn't say he's done a bad job so far, disagree that he's already on thin ice as well.

Same, I can't see why anyone would think he's even remotely under pressure TBH. Also, if he's as close to Ashley as everyone thinks then he won't be sacked anyway.

What? ???

Well no more than any other manager at the start of a season. We outperformed expectations last year, the only thing he's done wrong is allow Carroll and Enrique to leave, and he probably couldn't stop them anyway.

Just can't understand how he's done anything other than a decent job, and as such he's under no pressure for me.

The only thing he's done wrong? :lol:

That and let us go into the new season with no real strikers, no left back, three centre halves...

Aye, all Pardew's decision's them...

Tbh I doubt there are many clubs where the manager gets anywhere near negotiating transfer fees, terms etc. It's a case of deciding who the targets are (in consultation with the scout and the manager) and the board take it from there. It's certainly what was done under Shepherd and from what you read it's what happens elsewhere. Managers don't control the purse strings so they can't negotiate financial terms.

Edit: btw I did realise you were being a tad sarcastic.....

Plus you have to counter it with if Pardew goes then who will we get? Who else will come and work with the regime as it is, wouldn't want to risk getting JFK or someone of that ilk back.

Horrible realisation hitting again that we'll never have another really good manager until this regime is gone, and that's going to be a long time coming. :(

I think a few people are grossly underestimating the level of discontent amongst our fans. Lose the derby and the pressure will  be cranked up another couple of notches.

Isn't the mood on here much worse than among the rest of the support? I always assumed it was.

Guest BooBoo

I think a few people are grossly underestimating the level of discontent amongst our fans. Lose the derby and the pressure will  be cranked up another couple of notches.

Don't get me wrong, I like this board but the feeling between the average poster and the average fan at SJP is often poles apart. Speaking to people at the Arsenal game, people are very fed up.

I wouldn't say he's done a bad job so far, disagree that he's already on thin ice as well.

Same, I can't see why anyone would think he's even remotely under pressure TBH. Also, if he's as close to Ashley as everyone thinks then he won't be sacked anyway.

What? ???

Well no more than any other manager at the start of a season. We outperformed expectations last year, the only thing he's done wrong is allow Carroll and Enrique to leave, and he probably couldn't stop them anyway.

Just can't understand how he's done anything other than a decent job, and as such he's under no pressure for me.

The only thing he's done wrong? :lol:

That and let us go into the new season with no real strikers, no left back, three centre halves...

Aye, all Pardew's decision's them...

Tbh I doubt there are many clubs where the manager gets anywhere near negotiating transfer fees, terms etc. It's a case of deciding who the targets are (in consultation with the scout and the manager) and the board take it from there. It's certainly what was done under Shepherd and from what you read it's what happens elsewhere. Managers don't control the purse strings so they can't negotiate financial terms.

Edit: btw I did realise you were being a tad sarcastic.....

tad :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I like this board but the feeling between the average poster and the average fan at SJP is often poles apart. Speaking to people at the Arsenal game, people are very fed up.

How are the poles apart then? It's suicidal on here at times.

Nah, only the soopa fans who go to games really see whats going on man!

Aye, but on a group that have time and again proven themselves spectacularly uninterested in how discontent the fans are. It'll achieve nowt again, we might protest, Mike might write another soppy tearjerker statement about how those nasty geordies want to eat his kids, he'll get sympathy from the rest of the country and after a month or so we'll be back to square one. It really is a depressingly hopeless situation we're in.

Yep. 'real' people are losing patience just as much as folk on here are.

Try going to the odd game then. There was brainless abuse directed at good players even when we were playing OK on Saturday.

I think a few people are grossly underestimating the level of discontent amongst our fans. Lose the derby and the pressure will  be cranked up another couple of notches.

Try going to the odd game then. There was brainless abuse directed at good players even when we were playing OK on Saturday.

It's always been like that though, SJP is a very demanding place to play, just as bad for the home players as the away at times. Has been like that as long as I've been going.

I genuinely thought normal people would be happier than people on forums who dissect the minute detail of Luke Edwards' latest tweet or the latest quote from Pardew.

And I do go to the odd game BTW, cheers for the tip though.

It's always been like that though, SJP is a very demanding place to play, just as bad for the home players as the away at times. Has been like that as long as I've been going.

I genuinely thought normal people would be happier than people on forums who dissect the minute detail of Luke Edwards' latest tweet or the latest quote from Pardew.

Must say, I find it thoroughly bizarre that you would think that people as a whole who go to the game and pay a lot of money to do so would be happier seeing the club run like it is than a community of whom a significant number don't go to games regularly or at all. Not a soopafan dig, just completely mind-boggling to me that anyone could have that view on the situation.

It's like saying someone who watched the riots on telly would be more annoyed than the bloke who's just had his shop burned down. They're both annoyed but one's got a bit more reason to be.

I think a few people are grossly underestimating the level of discontent amongst our fans. Lose the derby and the pressure will  be cranked up another couple of notches.

Must say, I find it thoroughly bizarre that you would think that people as a whole who go to the game and pay a lot of money to do so would be happier seeing the club run like it is than a community of whom a significant number don't go to games regularly or at all. Not a soopafan dig, just completely mind-boggling to me that anyone could have that view on the situation.

It's like saying someone who watched the riots on telly would be more annoyed than the bloke who's just had his shop burned down. They're both annoyed but one's got a bit more reason to be.

I see what you mean, I just meant that people who judge NUFC mainly based on what they do on the pitch would seem to have to be happier now than any time since the season we got relegated, and maybe the couple before that as well.

Not happy compared to when we were in the Champions League obviously, but happier than in most recent seasons.

I see what you mean, I just meant that people who judge NUFC mainly based on what they do on the pitch would seem to have to be happier now than any time since the season we got relegated, and maybe the couple before that as well.

Not happy compared to when we were in the Champions League obviously, but happier than in most recent seasons.

I don't know a single person who is happy that Pardew, Llambias or Ashley are at the club, not one.

People at the games know they're getting the piss taken out of them man. Even those who don't frequent forums and get the latest twitter updates can still see plain as day that we sold our only left back and another one hasn't come in to replace him. If anything they're more pissed off because they don't get all these hopeful little twitter soundbites from Douglas and co about how we're in talks with X and we hope to have Y in by next week.

I don't know a single person who is happy that Pardew, Llambias or Ashley are at the club, not one.

I don't doubt it, I was talking more about performances and results last season. Surely better than most recent seasons, and beyond expectations.

That was before the club sold off several of its best players and pocketed the cash Ian. People are happy with gradual progression and at the very least, something to look forward to.

There is very little to look forward to this season other than existing.

That was before the club sold off several of its best players and pocketed the cash Ian. People are happy with gradual progression and at the very least, something to look forward to.

There is very little to look forward to this season other than existing.

Well I just have to agree to disagree about that, I think it's possible we could do better this year than last. We need a replacement for Enrique though obviously, and ideally a striker as well, but the window isn't over yet.

I don't doubt it, I was talking more about performances and results last season. Surely better than most recent seasons, and beyond expectations.

Some of last seasons results were brilliant... before they sacked the manager and sold the best player in a six week period. Since then, it's been on a downward spiral. People tend to notice this sort of stuff.

I don't have time for real people: where were they during the 2009 Awards debacle? Do they even know who Marley the Dog is?

:lol: this little nugget of wisdom was lost within the quote pyramids.