Alan Pardew

JH

Yet more lies from Parnoccio. Quoted a mere 4 months ago saying he'll not be signing a senior keeper and he does.

Billy Liar.

Like I said in the other thread, how do you know the situation hasn't changed since April?

He's in control of the situation - they're his players.

If any other manager came out with such a clear, robust statement I'd be inclined to think it genuine.

This c*** is just a walking soundbite.

So it's not possible Foster has asked for first team football, or Harper has looked really poor in training for example?

Harper, who has been managed by KK, SBR etc, all of a sudden looked poor?

You manage Forster by bullshitting him into thinking he's due a game - f*** me, if anyone could Parnocchio could.

All about managing expectations.

Eh? What if he hadn't decided who was going to be his number one and when he chose Krul, Foster asked to go out on loan?

It's speculation on both sides of the argument of course

It may be speculation on both sides but their side has form for chopping the wage bill and getting rid of senior players/those with an opinion.

Well then you tell Forster he'll get games and better experience throughout the season and should hold fire.

...but he won't if he's playing second fiddle.

He's contracted for three more years. I'm sure with Billy Liar's smooth patter he could have told him what he wanted to hear.

Minhosa, it's getting boring now  :lol:

I agree it's a bit odd that we're spending on a goalie, but Pardew did say in the BBC Newcastle interview last month that it would be hard to keep the 3 keepers happy and that he didn't envisage them all at the club at the start of the season. I'm guessing Forster is the one who has pushed for his move. If that's the case, of course we need to bring in a third keeper for cover.

Why use that as a stick to beat Pardew with? Seriously, what's the point?  :lol:

Why did he not say that in April then?

One of the reasons Keegan left was because he wanted to be a manager in charge of everything. Ashley wanted to implement the approach that the manager is the team coach like managers on the continent. Obviously Pardew is willing to accept that that is the role. People saying he isn't totally in control are stating the obvious. For example, we know Graham Carr has a big say in which players NUFC go for.

Why did we f*** Dennis Wise off then? Months after Keegan had gone, and stating there were no plans to appoint a replacement in the role?

If Carr is the one we've hung our hat on instead, why the f*** aren't they backing him with transfer funds?

Maybe they got rid of Dennis Wise because he wasn't very good at identifying good players compared to Carr?

Who knows exactly what Carr's remit is? Maybe he was told to find cheap, promising youth players (we had another two from France playing today for the 'Development' squad)? Maybe he was told to identify good players who's contracts were coming to an end?

My point was that Pardew is the manager of NUFC in the continental meaning of the word.

One of the reasons Keegan left was because he wanted to be a manager in charge of everything. Ashley wanted to implement the approach that the manager is the team coach like managers on the continent. Obviously Pardew is willing to accept that that is the role. People saying he isn't totally in control are stating the obvious. For example, we know Graham Carr has a big say in which players NUFC go for.

Why did we f*** Dennis Wise off then? Months after Keegan had gone, and stating there were no plans to appoint a replacement in the role?

If Carr is the one we've hung our hat on instead, why the f*** aren't they backing him with transfer funds?

Maybe they got rid of Dennis Wise because he wasn't very good at identifying good players compared to Carr?

Who knows exactly what Carr's remit is? Maybe he was told to find cheap, promising youth players (we had another two from France playing today for the 'Development' squad)? Maybe he was told to identify good players who's contracts were coming to an end?

My point was that Pardew is the manager of NUFC in the continental meaning of the word.

Why does he continually make out that he's more than that then?

Yet more lies from Parnoccio. Quoted a mere 4 months ago saying he'll not be signing a senior keeper and he does.

Billy Liar.

Like I said in the other thread, how do you know the situation hasn't changed since April?

If any other manager came out with such a clear, robust statement I'd be inclined to think it genuine.

So it's not possible Foster has asked for first team football, or Harper has looked really poor in training for example?

You manage Forster by bullshitting him into thinking he's due a game - f*** me, if anyone could Parnocchio could.

Eh? What if he hadn't decided who was going to be his number one and when he chose Krul, Foster asked to go out on loan?

It may be speculation on both sides but their side has form for chopping the wage bill and getting rid of senior players/those with an opinion.

Well then you tell Forster he'll get games and better experience throughout the season and should hold fire.

He's contracted for three more years. I'm sure with Billy Liar's smooth patter he could have told him what he wanted to hear.

I'm out, bored of your posts and your agenda

Billy Liar.

Bored of you and people like you constantly trying to defend a bent regime and shit manager.

Billy Liar.

Bored of you and people like you constantly trying to defend a bent regime and s*** manager.

Where have I tried to defend the regime?

Minhosa, it's getting boring now  :lol:

I agree it's a bit odd that we're spending on a goalie, but Pardew did say in the BBC Newcastle interview last month that it would be hard to keep the 3 keepers happy and that he didn't envisage them all at the club at the start of the season. I'm guessing Forster is the one who has pushed for his move. If that's the case, of course we need to bring in a third keeper for cover.

Why use that as a stick to beat Pardew with? Seriously, what's the point?  :lol:

Why did he not say that in April then?

Here's a crazy notion.... because he didn't know then?!  O0 Things can change in a few months you know.

What exactly is the problem here... we've let a keeper go, and we've brought one in. What's the big deal?

We'll end up without a young, promising keeper. We'll end up without a steady old head.

We'll gain a fucking nobody on peanuts.

The problem will be when he's called upon and he demonstrates why he's 25 and playing for Charltons Reserves.

Billy Liar.

Bored of you and people like you constantly trying to defend a bent regime and s*** manager.

You are defending Parnocchio and others are constantly defending a shite regime.

There's clearly two camps on this place - might as well be two different forums until this regime have gone tbh.

In what way?

'Andy Carrol will not be sold'.

Which he's already said he won't be making statements like that again after getting burned. Is Wenger not the manager of Arsenal? He said Fabregas and Nasri weren't leaving.

In what way?

Huh? He's asked about transfers in every single press conference and interview, and not once has he even implied that he doesn't have control over them because he's just the coach. He speaks with absolute authority on transfer dealings. Are you saying he's just an out-and-out liar?

Guest taps01

In what way?

Didnt wenger the other day say Nasri and Fabregas wasn't leaving Arsenal. All managers spout bollocks.

Billy Liar.

You are defending Parnocchio and others are constantly defending a s**** regime.

There's clearly two camps on this place - might as well be two different forums until this regime have gone tbh.

Aye there's no middle ground at all, behave yourself

Billy Liar.

You are defending Parnocchio and others are constantly defending a s**** regime.

Aye there's no middle ground at all, behave yourself

Would be an interesting poll actually. Most fans I know in person would never fall into a middle ground category and have a total distrust of the regime.

On here, it seems to be those who've lost all trust in the owner and those who try to justify his decisions with not much inbetween.

In what way?

Didnt wenger the other day say Nasri and Fabregas wasn't leaving Arsenal. All managers spout bollocks.

said Fab wasn't going Friday morning, Friday afternoon Barcelona say they're close to signing him

In what way?

Huh? He's asked about transfers in every single press conference and interview, and not once has he even implied that he doesn't have control over them because he's just the coach. He speaks with absolute authority on transfer dealings. Are you saying he's just an out-and-out liar?

Has he ever said "It was me and me alone who chose to sign this player"? He has name checked Carr when referring to players we are looking at. He may know what's going on with transfers but it doesn't mean he has the final say on the transfer.

Billy Liar.

I'm defending Pardew simply because I don't see what he's done wrong really. If you displayed some common sense you might realise that things can change between one month and the next. Just because something was true in April, doesn't mean it has to be true now.

The board have got plenty of faults. I don't like the way they deal with contracts and many other things. But I don't feel the need to complain about every little decision (especially one so potentially meaningless as replacing our second/third choice GK).

Spot on

:thup:

Billy Liar.

I'm defending Pardew simply because I don't see what he's done wrong really. If you displayed some common sense you might realise that things can change between one month and the next. Just because something was true in April, doesn't mean it has to be true now.

The board have got plenty of faults. I don't like the way they deal with contracts and many other things. But I don't feel the need to complain about every little decision (especially one so potentially meaningless as replacing our second/third choice GK).

You don't think a second choice keeper is important? Righteo.

Moreover, you don't think it's vital to have a safe pair of hands when your first choice keeper has never completed an extended run of games in the premiership and never really had a dodgy run of form?

Ok.

On Pr-dew - I'll be looking for every mistruth, every contradication and every mistake because I don't trust him, never have and never will.

He's not worthy of the job and he got it in the most distasteful of circumstances.

If you and a few others don't want to read it, then stick me on your ignore list, because my views won't be changing.

In what way?

I think it's the other camp who are calling him Parnocchio tbf Dave :lol:

EDIT: see post above

In what way?

Has he ever said "It was me and me alone who chose to sign this player"? He has name checked Carr when referring to players we are looking at. He may know what's going on with transfers but it doesn't mean he has the final say on the transfer.

If he's purely a coach and he gets what he's given then I see no reason why he'd have any input. If he has some input but not the final say then he shouldn't be coming out and saying 'we'll have players in before the US tour/the first game of the season/the derby/the end of the transfer window', or as has been mentioned, 'Andy Carroll is not for sale'. I remember the interview when he said that about five times, fucking so embarrassing looking back. He should have resigned if he had any shame.