Alan Pardew

JH

f***ing hell, what's gan on here? Take a step back, we are 6th ffs. Rome wasn't built in a day!

You're wasting your breath fella.

I know, people will look back on their posts on here with utter f***ing embarrassment! Jeez, there's some fuckwits gan about. I think some of his tactics and decisions are far from perfect, but come on. Realism needs to hit some of these fuckers clean on the nose.

3 good examples of what TRon was going on about earlier.

I've yet to see many well-argued, convincing arguments against Pardew apart from ones along the lines of 'we play hoofball', 'league position doesn't matter, it's the way we play that counts' and 'Pardew's so negative, he's costing us points'.  All of which can be rebutted.

Guest neesy111

f***ing hell, what's gan on here? Take a step back, we are 6th ffs. Rome wasn't built in a day!

I know, people will look back on their posts on here with utter f***ing embarrassment! Jeez, there's some fuckwits gan about. I think some of his tactics and decisions are far from perfect, but come on. Realism needs to hit some of these fuckers clean on the nose.

I've yet to see many well-argued, convincing arguments against Pardew apart from ones along the lines of 'we play hoofball', 'league position doesn't matter, it's the way we play that counts' and 'Pardew's so negative, he's costing us points'.  All of which can be rebutted.

Again, what football team have you watched for the last 2 months?  Cos I and many on here could provide convincing arguments.

Give him some time and see how you're playing next season. If today is anything to go by, I'd sure as hell be miffed with some of Pardew's tactics. But give the man some time. He's been with you for not much more than a year.

In the meantime, you're a club currently in their 2nd season back after relegation. You're 6th. The football will no doubt be a concern but surely not enough of a concern at this point to warrant such heavy criticism of him?

Go on then, where's these posts where people say league position doesn't matter or it's the way we play that counts.

Why don't MyPal and thedude offer some constructive rebuttal instead of calling people fuckwits?

What has been so good about our play in the last two months that gives you the confidence we will finish 6th? Why should we not aim to better that given the turmoil at Chelsea and the fact we've just signed a 9 million pound centre forward?

no, that criticisms of Pardew (which are in no way the same thing as demanding we sack him, btw) tend to be far more specific, pointed and backed up with significant reasoning. and then you get a bunch of people coming onto the forum talking about "Realism needs to hit some of these fuckers clean on the nose.", "we are 6th ffs", "wasting your breath". Idiotic shite.

fwiw many of the criticisms pointed out in previous weeks came to a head in the first half today - it was something plenty had seen coming. Ironically Pardew ended up changing it around which is what people have wanted all along and guess what, it seemed to work. Fancy that.

Guest neesy111

Give him some time and see how you're playing next season. If today is anything to go by, I'd sure as hell be miffed with some of Pardew's tactics. But give the man some time. He's been with you for not much more than a year.

In the meantime, you're a club currently in their 2nd season back after relegation. You're 6th. The football will no doubt be a concern but surely not enough of a concern at this point to warrant such heavy criticism of him?

Can only judge a manager after 2 seasons because I could make a list of countless managers that have been 1 season wonders.  George Burley got Ipswich to 5th ffs.

Go on then, where's these posts where people say league position doesn't matter or it's the way we play that counts.

I am not sure I have the time or inclination to go through all the posts to find specific examples, but those are certainly sentiments that have been expressed by many.

I am not sure I have the time or inclination to go through all the posts to find specific examples, but those are certainly sentiments that have been expressed by many.

You should have just done what Jon did when he couldn't back up something he said and just said that it was me.  :lol:

Again, what football team have you watched for the last 2 months?  Cos I and many on here could provide convincing arguments.

Your last argument in regards to us "fluking" wins could be destroyed in about 2 seconds if someone took the time.

Guest neesy111

Your last argument in regards to us "fluking" wins could be destroyed in about 2 seconds if someone took the time.

Go on then.....

Why don't MyPal and thedude offer some constructive rebuttal instead of calling people fuckwits?

What has been so good about our play in the last two months that gives you the confidence we will finish 6th? Why should we not aim to better that given the turmoil at Chelsea and the fact we've just signed a 9 million pound centre forward?

It's called pissing into the wind.

Go on then.....

Have a look at who got the goals and assists in those games & who was involved in putting them on the pitch when very few on here would have wanted them involved.

You should have just done what Jon did when he couldn't back up something he said and just said that it was me.  :lol:

Sorry - it was you..!

To be honest, I am more than happy to have a reasoned discussion on Pardew's strengths and weaknesses, as I recognise that he has both.  But I do feel many of the good things Pardew has done are overlooked, regarded as being unattributable to him or expected.

In addition, I think it is too simplistic to overlook the position we are actually in.  We are in 6th and could well finish there.  For people to disregard this or claim it is a weak argument just doesn't wash with me.  But I do agree that league position is not the only indicator to be reviewed (although I find it incredibly hard to not regard it as the most important indicator of success).

If Hughton took us as far as he could, then f*** me Pardew did a while ago with his shrewd transfer dealings [if indeed he even had much to do with them]. What else has he got left to offer? Serious question. What are his strengths as a manager?

As a fan who found the Hughton dismissal incredibly harsh, to do the same with Pardew would be somewhat perplexing. Pardew is limited as a manager I think we're all aware of that but he has brought a lot of strengths to the table and it's a key contributing factor in our impressive league position. Along with maticulous pre-match preperation Pardew normally has us performing as a unit who are not only well organised but are also difficult to turn over. He has players who would look more at home in the tier below supplemeting a decent core of quality while managing to maintian the excellent team spirit established within the Hughton era. To deny him any credit at would be absolutely staggering in my view. 

Tactically incapable and an idiot, quite frankly. 1,208 pages attesting to the fact that 95% of the board know HBA should be a starter, or bedded in and a system established around him (and other key players) for the long-term benefit of the team.  Does he deserve credit for bringing HBA on at half-time? Does he f***. Not after surrendering first-half to long-ball tactics. Deserves as much credit as McClaren for throwing on more strikers in the Eufa Cup when he was a couple of goals down the other year. When your plans fail so comprehensively and you're forced to change something, that isn't inspired/brave... it's desperate and a forced last resort.

Pardew, like many managers is a creature of habit. He rigidly sticks to 4-4-2, he prefers his hard working wingers and he likes to keep a consistent back four. This doesn't make him a tactical idiot, in fact he's proved to be anything but. Take Stoke for example where prior research revealed the opposition to have little threat at full back nor in the middle, this allowed us to double up on the wingers and nullify their main threat. This isn't to say he has his limitations, as was brutally exposed by Martin Jol at the Cottage, this is one the reasons I believe he is an average manager. To go along with that I wholeheartedly agree on the Ben Arfa point, his absence has been a major negative during the Pardew reign to date.

Pig-sick of this fraud - strip Gupter of his award and give it to Pardew. He's a glorified PR man. Doesn't look like he has a foggiest about football - just prozone. :anguish:

This 'fraud' has us sitting sixth in the league, two points behind Chelsea in fifth and while I agree we haven't always played our best stuff this season we're still having an excellent campaign to date. Do you feel a glorified PR man would have us achieving the same? Or are you being a little harsh?

Sorry - it was you..!

To be honest, I am more than happy to have a reasoned discussion on Pardew's strengths and weaknesses, as I recognise that he has both.  But I do feel many of the good things Pardew has done are overlooked, regarded as being unattributable to him or expected.

In addition, I think it is too simplistic to overlook the position we are actually in.  We are in 6th and could well finish there.  For people to disregard this or claim it is a weak argument just doesn't wash with me.  But I do agree that league position is not the only indicator to be reviewed (although I find it incredibly hard to not regard it as the most important indicator of success).

I don't think anybody does disregard our league position, I just think some people see past it while still recognising it as being the most important measurement of where we are.

Sorry - it was you..!

I don't think anybody does disregard our league position, I just think some people see past it while still recognising it as being the most important measurement of where we are.

Fair enough, however I don't think that everyone is recognising it as the most important measurement of where we are.  Or there wouldn't be some many people suggesting he is nothing more than average manager who is tactically and/or that we should look to upgrade our manager in the near future.  Please note I am paraphrasing general sentiments there from a wide range of people..

Haven't read any pardew debate yet today but I think he set us up poorly in the first half,really poorly.we made all the wrong decisions and had no tempo.in the second the sessegnon sending off was more important than the subs.I really question our style of play but we were very disciplined and Sunderland had few chances.from now on Ben arfa has to start and santon should always be on too.giving a first team starting place to Ryan Taylor is very poor and not good enough.get your selections right pards and get the team working on actually moving it about instead of relying on wonder goals from Ba or Ben arfa to actually carve people up.we're better than that

So what football team have you been watching for the last 2 months?  We've been fluking results i.e. Blackburn, QPR and Villa.

Can you please explain how those games were flukes.

Guest neesy111

Sorry - it was you..!

Fair enough, however I don't think that everyone is recognising it as the most important measurement of where we are.  Or there wouldn't be some many people suggesting he is nothing more than average manager who is tactically and/or that we should look to upgrade our manager in the near future.  Please note I am paraphrasing general sentiments there from a wide range of people..

Not many people are calling for Pardew to be sacked, but people are rightly questioning his tactics and team selections.  Also people are questioning the same stuff which West Ham and Southampton fans had about him so there is a pattern emerging here.

For the record, we won't get a better manager while the fat bastard still owns this club or he offers a ridiculous wage to a manager but I'm having big doubts about his man-management and his hoofball tactics.

In response to Hughesy,league position tells you how you've done this season,performances tell you what to expect for the rest of the season and we've been poor for too long now.this standard of play will not get us to a uefa cup place even though we should be ahead of both Liverpool and Chelsea considering how poor their teams are at the moment.I know that sounds silly considering where we were two years ago but I'd take our first eleven over liverpool's nobheads and chelsea's pensioners

At the end of the day, if you were to compare our players, man to man, with the best of the PL, we should and would be up there. The only reason we're not is due to the manager. One thing's for sure as far as I'm concerned, if Bobby were here, Hatem would have played the full 90 minutes of every single game he's been fit and available for. He's meeting Ashley's criteria, so he's safe for now. But there's no reason to accept where we are, we should be aiming for better with what we have. Whether there is a manager available to do this right now, is another question entirely. It doesn't mean I don't have the right to pass opinion on the fact that Pardew is clearly out of his depth at this level.

Sorry - it was you..!

Not many people are calling for Pardew to be sacked, but people are rightly questioning his tactics and team selections.  Also people are questioning the same stuff which West Ham and Southampton fans had about him so there is a pattern emerging here.

For the record, we won't get a better manager while the fat b****** still owns this club or he offers a ridiculous wage to a manager but I'm having big doubts about his man-management and his hoofball tactics.

I think he makes mistakes in his tactics and team selection - but then to a certain degree, all managers do.  I do however think he gets more right than he gets wrong.

In addition, I wouldn't argue with that many of his decisions.  Not picking Ben Arfa more regularly is one where I think he has got it wrong (although I can see why he has made the decisions he has on occasions). 

Resorting to a direct style of play in the last 2 months has been a mistake, but we weren't playing like that earlier in the season.  I genuinely don't think it is a tactic per se, but more a result of the deficiencies in our personnel (Simpson, Williamson etc), the arrival of the Africa Nations Cup and injuries and suspensions suffered (most importantly Cabaye and Saylor).

However, he has got a lot right.